Masters Running

On how Dove and Posie rock and ran 26.7 miles (Read 303 times)

You definitely made the right decision to dance your way through 26.7 miles!  If I ever do another marathon, I want that same attitude....

The yellow maniac singlet and black skirt photo is priceless!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay!  Seems almost like too much fun to be a marathon!  You two definitely had the right idea - I think I should have hung out with you on the race, dancing instead of fighting the crowd so much.  It was a joy to finally meet you, Nancy, and to meet you again, Marilou.  I'm hoping maybe we can do this again, at this race or another.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Beautiful RR chronicling the latest adventure of two beautiful boomer goddesses.  I'm reading at the library, laughing and crying and making the people around me really wonder what I'm up to.  Congrats and thanks for the great read.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thank you Nancy and Dove for a wonderful RR....it was sooo very nice to meet both of you. Yes, my Garmin had the race at 26.8 miles....but who the heck cares. Hey, the car with the "newbies" was doing just fine BTW. We were "cracking up" at the ones who were bailing out of their cars and running to the start line....forget that we thought. Plus, I was in a car with very beautiful Women, so nobody was going anywhere till we got to the start line. Yes, me and Larua found it hard to run, zig zagging all over the place passing people, which prolly did add to the mileage a little. What a great time had by all, and it was super great meeting you two...I really didn't know Dove, but what a Beauty and Sweetie she was too. Nancy....I like partying with you my Dear! Thanks again for a great report that said it like it was....dancing Goddesses. Thanks for making me - Laura - and Tammy's first Marathon a VERY VERY special time....what a weekend. Lucky....oh sooo very lucky TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

So impressed with this that I forgot to comment when I first read it----What a wonderful way to experience a marathon and with joy! You two set a great standard.

That was beautiful! So glad you you guys enjoyed it soo much.  Thanks for sharing

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

arf

MM #405

Such Incredibly beautiful women...

so sorry I wasn't able to come join the party.

Congrats to you..

Love,

arf

With a little practice and one more person, you could work out a Diana Ross and the Supremes kind of act.........I mean, if you need someone who can dance and knows the routines....................(and already has the costume.)

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles