Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 11.14.13 (Read 42 times)

King of PhotoShop

Well I did watch it Dave, and how sweet she is, and loved the dips and moves. Sweet girl. When she grows up she will see this great memory.

Thank you Ek and others, but Bill and I had this shot taken before the Dallas Running Club Half, which was back then called the "Cross Country Club of Dallas" in the mid 2000's, my guess is 2006 or 07.  Bill, a bit of help here. Maybe before that. Can't wait to see him again. And for those who don't know, his wife is Waaay better looking than he is. (I equate all running dates these days with "before and after heart surgery"!)

I last saw Breger in 2010 at the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon.  We had a great group lunch together the day before the race. DG, you were there.  Who else survives from those days, who is still here on RA? No matter, as I am all with you on FB if not here.

Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I have a couple more minutes, tonight than usual...and DW is at a meeting so I won't hear, "Are you on that thing, again?!"

Anyway...let's see...oh...before I forget...SubDood--my son and I are doing the Rocket City Marathon in Alabama on Dec 14...one month from today, acyually.  Hmmm....I'd better start looking at weather forecasts...

Erika--the other day I was talking to Mikey (my son who lives in Alaska) he was driving home from some school seminar stuff in Fairbanks.  He mentioned that there was a lot of snow up there.  I said, "Oh, yeah--I heard that."  He said, "Really?  How did you hear about that?"  I said, "I have a friend who lives in Fairbanks."  I could tell he was rolling his eyes at me.

So, running has been going pretty well...except my right Achilles' tendon is pretty sore.  It's a different kind of sore than I'm used to.  It's not making me very happy.  (not that the other kind of sore did)   But, Monday I did 10.6 mile that included 2 - 3 mile intervals at a 6:30 pace with a half mile recovery between them.  Tuesday was a rest day.  Yesterday, I did 13.1 miles that included 9 miles at a 6:40 pace.  Tonight was 6.3 miles in 51:22.  The next 3 days are easy days, so I'm hoping my heel feels better by Monday.  The Hansons are trying to kill me.

Tramps--good luck on Saturday!  What are you shooting for, this time?

C-R--have a great time with your boy this weekend at the CC meet.

Hey, Tammy--kick your son for me when he starts laughing as his team runs up the score on my Vikings.

Okay--DW called--she's on her way home.  I'd better get rid of the dishes and clean up my mess before she gets here...not that I'm afraid of her or anything....it's just that...well...okay...I'm afraid of her.

Mike E

Okay--DW called--she's on her way home.  I'd better get rid of the dishes and clean up my mess before she gets here...not that I'm afraid of her or anything....it's just that...well...okay...I'm afraid of her.

LOVE THIS!!  WinkWink

No run for me today but my glutes and legs are still making me aware how important it is to cross-train!!  I did a strength class yesterday then went for a 5.4 mile run and today my body keeps reminding me of the class!!  I love when my muscles (and my brain) get a wake up call!!

Happy almost Friday!!

denise

evanflein

Deez, I know what you mean... after spending Sunday cleaning the garage I felt like I'd done two hours of squats! Yowza... Always good to work all the muscles though.

Mike, the best part of that post is that you said you were talking to your son. I remember not too long ago that wasn't a typical thing for you. So... is he in Fairbanks or the Anchorage area? I sure wouldn't want to be driving through the pass these days... yikes!

'Ribs, I know that picture was awhile ago. Can't recall the last time Breger had a mustache! Well... it was probably that picture!

Leslie, always love how you can just put it all out there. There may be several of us who have had similar experiences, but you're not shy about telling it like it is! You go, grrl. And yeah that curry sounds like it was good enough to take the risk.

After an icy drive home tonight, with the occasional gust of blowing snow across the road, I made it home and the power was on and the house was warm and the kitties were happy to see me... all was good again. Ran 5.2 miles on the treadmill while listening to a September issue of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me... and happy to hear that show is as funny as I remember it. Seems like I only listen to those podcasts on the treadmill, and I have missed them. Another one I like is NPR's "Planet Money." I've learned a lot about global economics from that one!

Marathon Maniac #957

Smile

After an icy drive home tonight, with the occasional gust of blowing snow across the road, I made it home and the power was on and the house was warm and the kitties were happy to see me... all was good again.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah...Erika...it's nice to be talking to him, again.  He lives in Palmer.