Masters Running

Sunday 2.11.18 (Read 37 times)

KSA//.........start soaking your toothbrush overnite in Listerene so you don't keep brushing this into your mouth

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

11 @ 8:35

Tried to make my self run easy by not getting above 135 HR. It worked for the most part. Finished up the week with 51.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Quickadder

7 @ 9:05. I waited until the roads dried and the temperature dropped to the low 50s by noon. My third consecutive day running, which is unusual for me, and what should have been a few easy miles became a tempo run with the first 4+ at goal HM pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

evanflein

One hour eleven minutes in the pool, 23 laps of pool running. Then 3 lazy swimming laps just to give the legs something else to do.

Leslie, yes I think routers can wear out and fail like any electronic equipment. Ours was failing a lot, just losing connection and we had to restart it regularly, so got a new one late last year. No problems since then.

I'm always amazed at how many homeless people we have here. Pretty good network of shelters and relief centers though (for now), but always under threat of budget cuts. This is a pretty harsh environment to be homeless in, so it really becomes a life or death thing in the winter.

Good for you, Stumpy. You didn't want to run inside anyway.

Liz, are you warmed up yet?

KSA, get better!

So this wraps up week 4 of no running. I figure I've got another week of pool and maybe introducing the bike, and then the week after that maybe try the elliptical. Everything I've read says don't do the elliptical in the early weeks, and I did. Oops, and it made my leg sore. So, everything also said let pain be your guide (i.e., if it hurts, stop), so that should've been a clue, too.   At least I'm not concerned about a spring marathon anymore. New goal is the 5k here first Saturday in May. I should be able to handle that...

Nice job all of you getting those rainy runs done!!

Great picture Marj and Henry!!

Erika - great job with the pool running!!

Stumpy - a group of my Sole Sister friends hit the lake for a run this morning too -- wonder if you were there at the same time!! I haven't run the lake in a long time, should get back over there one of these days!

We returned home late last night to this cold rain!! I just couldn't get myself out in it after being in Florida for a week. Went to church then did some much needed cleaning and that was the extent of my Sunday. Tomorrow back at it with 5:15am spin class followed by Body Pump - hope I don't turn my alarm off without getting up!! 

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Stumpy - a group of my Sole Sister friends hit the lake for a run this morning too -- wonder if you were there at the same time!! I haven't run the lake in a long time, should get back over there one of these days!

Did not see a group of lovely ladies.  By the time I finally hit the road, it was after 9.  Give  me a little warning if you head this way.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  We spent the weekend doing mobility training which included running convoys of buses (about 100 airmen at a time) down to Fort Bragg where we are able to use their firing range (much larger than anything at an Air Force Base for obvious reasons).  Lots of other refresher training as well.  "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

So another short run this morning before heading into work.  4 miles, in more humidity than we've had in a while.  It had rained some overnight, but had stopped by the time I got out.  Mass after releasing my folks.

Have a great night everyone.

bioguy nice of you make all those cupcakes. My town banned all sweets from school celebrations (birthdays, etc.). Ended up putting a local (very good) bakery out of business. I am not sure I think this is the way to combat obesity. For how many years were cakes at school celebrations without leading to obesity? My guess is that taking away their electronics would do a lot more good.

bioguyHolly S.spacityrunnerstumpy77 all of you repeat after me, "No running in the rain!"© Thank you. This has been a running rule book rule #1 public service announcement.

I can read and know what rule #1. So I bailed on a local 20k race and went down to use my TM. While I was at it I rearranged my final two weeks to the marathon schedule. With the 20k race out, I decided to run 16 this morning with the last 7 set at a 7:54 pace (my dream marathon pace). Thank you third movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy for making it possible. Although, it is such a long movie I did not actually get to the end! Now I have nothing over 13 left on my schedule. Today's 20k will get moved to Tuesday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

KSA//.........start soaking your toothbrush overnite in Listerene so you don't keep brushing this into your mouth

This type of advice is one of the reasons we keep Tom around.  That and the fact he's a good guy and is a great source of inspiration.

Thanks, Erika.  Our router is old.

Liz - A few years ago when I was out running predawn and it was pouring, a woman stopped and asked if I wanted a ride.  Alas, I knew I couldn't take her up on it.

Some nice long runs for Tammy and 2Kitty ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Mike, Wow!!!

Stumpy, Good luck with your father.

mrrun, DW and I have lass than two weeks to FL. I really want to get her to Naples.

I'm always amazed at how many homeless people we have here. Pretty good network of shelters and relief centers though (for now), but always under threat of budget cuts. This is a pretty harsh environment to be homeless in, so it really becomes a life or death thing in the winter.

I've seen people living under picnic tables this time of year. Not everyone makes it into a shelter over night. A person has to be reasonably sober to stay. I'm sure there's others who see a shelter as a conspiracy.

Two cat, I'm on board with taking away the devices. there's to growing number of confused parents. If there's one meal a day for five days,then a once a week bake sale, how can a school be responsible for a kid's obesity?

Saturday, DW, Tag and I went on a snowshoe hike at a local AFC. This place does not receive any government assistance and is totally self sufficient. The bulk of the residence raise and sell food. They have a once a month by donation breakfast. The snowshoe thing flopped. I told the fella coordinating the event that I'd help promote the heck out of it. I'd need a few weeks heads up. I got less than a week.

The course was great. The people are fantastic. We need a few more like them.  DW and I passed on the snowshoes and still stayed dry.

The self guided tour was very relaxing.

Tag snuck up on a resting beast and was not afraid of Bigfoot. Bigfoot was startled, but not scared.

A tree caught his interest and he was very skittish. I've called him back more than once because he's wanted to chase bears.

I guess that nice trees don't have faces.

We got 2.5 miles in and I put in another 4 on the treadmill.

I took the mutts out Sunday after a heavier snow. The trails were torn up by snowmobiles. Which is fine. As warm as it was, 24oF, the trail was like loose sand. The goal was 6 miles. the loose snow sapped the momentum and we turned around after 2 miles. The machines came by again and made it extremely difficult to get a solid footing. The last 1 1/4 mile was up hill. My back was tender and I took several breaks on the walk up. The downside is that I'd do it again in a heart beat. With snowshoes this time.

SteveP