Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.10.13 (Read 313 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hello. Happy Thursday.

Today I celebrated my eldest daughter's 28th birthday with a run. She is now as old as I am. Tonight she wants the whole family to go to a yoga class with her. We will of course but I am sure my 18 year old son isn't too thrilled with the prospect. Should be interesting.

Have a good day everyone.

You don't look a day over 27 Wink.  Is DS aware that there's usually a high percentage of cute girls at yoga class?  Might influence his opinion a little.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

If anyone knows about a ringing sound in your ears, let me know.  It started a week or so ago and can be very annoying at times.  I did a lot of reading on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any cure.  But there is a chance it will just go away.  That depends on what caused it and for that I have no idea.  I haven't been exposed to any loud noises.

Dave, I've had this for a number of years myself and it's been slowly getting worse....... as my hearing is getting worse as well. Never thought hearing loss would be so bloody noisy.  For me, it sounds sort of like the constant buzz of a cicada.  I'm not quite at the point where I need some white noise, but it's definitely more noticeable at night in the quiet.  Sometimes I can't hear my DH talking right next to me in bed in the morning, but it's making me grateful for his constant light snoring at night.

Mine came on very gradually.  A sudden onset of symptoms might be a sign of something else going on, so if I were you, I'd get to your MD and get it checked out.  Some medications can cause tinnitus.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Mine tinnitus came on quite suddenly with the labyrinthitis I had almost 4 years ago now, which was a secondary reaction to the flu.  I still have it, mild I guess, but I need some cricket noise at night to sleep.  Did those of you that had it appear recently also have a recent viral infection?

I haven't even lurked.  Major crap going on in my life right now, hopefully in a few months I'll be back to posting.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

{{{Enke}}}  We'll be here waiting for you.

I'm barely able to get in here these days, either.  Work is very stressful right now.  With three employee and one attorney, things are tight.  If they don't turn around, my boss is seriously considering letting someone go.  Denise will definitely be staying, that's been made very clear.  So it'll either be me or Deb, and since I'm her office manager, I'm the one she talks to about this.  It stinks, but I understand, so I'm just praying that things get better.  I'm guessing the question is why would she let me, the office manager/bookkeeper/etc., go over Deb.  Deb's been here 15 years.  Me, 3 years.  So we'll see.  I'm keeping my head down and doing my job to the best of my ability.

Been running (today's a rest day) and keeping up with my strength training and the plank challenge.  Saturday will be a foot test with 8-10 trail miles on the schedule.   MRI of the foot is set for Jan. 25.  Another "we'll see."

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Greetings. Good when your kids catch up to you in age... hehe.

Yesterday and today  very similar workouts: 65 minutes on elliptical and some weights. last night I dutifullydid my planks: one minute each of Front, side, side.  I wanted to swim today but work got in the way of leaving early enough and I have a meeting at 6.

Lunch time I went home and made a pasta dish for a dear friend whose DH is battling cancer and not doing too well.  He is in hospital now; not sure the updated  details.  She could not talk last night becuase her DD was right there.  Very tough.

Knee is feeling better for walking around etc. We shall see. might ahve to buy a new bike come Spring...

Hugs to all.

{{{{{lamerunner's friend and all who need hugging}}}}}}

Hope your knee continues to feel better too---I know the doctor didn't have great news about it, but I never lose hope.

Two runs today: 8 miles this morning with 8 x long hill repeats and then a 4.2 mile dog jog with Hudson this evening---all reflective gear and headlights in place. Nice to stretch out the legs after being tied to my desk working away.

Since I spend a lot of time with super granny and also in airplanes, I always get a flu shot. No need to risk it and don't wish to get family sick. My SIL and BIL and their kids all have the flu and live in the Boston area where they've declared emergency there are so many cases.  Norovirus and whooping cough is also at all time highs.

The son of my former secretary was nominated for an Academy award today....how cool! nomination for screenwriting

Flight ----best actor nomination too.  And for once I've actually seen a few of the movies nominated---very unusual for me.

Marathon Maniac #957

Berthaslayer - Big grin

{{{Leslie}}}

CNYrunner - very cool about the academy award nomination.  BTW - did you see the new Doctor Who at Christmas?

Our whole family gets a flu shot each year: DH because he is diabetic, me because I don't have time to be sick, and the kids because it wouldn't be fair for us not to include them.

3 easy-paced miles for me this morning, followed by lower body weights and planks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

{{{{{lamerunner's friend and all who need hugging}}}}}}

I am really sorry.  I am so ashamed of myself.  I really didn't need a hug...but I took one, anyway.

I did 10.3 in 1:19:01.  Rain mixed with snow...a little on the windy side...but it felt good.  And I did my dang planks.

Okay--that's all I got time for.  See ya!

(Maybe I really did need a hug...I feel much better)

BTW - did you see the new Doctor Who at Christmas?

Sure did! We all gathered around and saw it----enjoyed it too. There were a few Dr. Who themed items under the tree this year too (Dalek socks, Tardis lunch box, and Keep Calm and Don't Blink tee-shirt---all for Mr. CNYrunner)

No apologies needed Mike E! Hugs are good "needed" or not

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I've had tinnitus for the past two years or so. Came with the onset of menopause, hate to say. Sometimes I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, it's that pronounced. So I time it, just for fun. It's thrilling being me sometimes....

Rest day today, aside from my plank regimen. Carry on...

coached  my first speed group in my new city of Brockville and 14 people showed up.  I was thrilled. It was so nice to be around runners again and training with them. 2k wu then 3x3 min at 10k pace then 3x2 min at 5k pace then 3x1  min at 90percent effort then 2k cd

surprisingly even my my low mileage probably 15k a week my speed is still there. Tall runner is alive. Watch out. Ha ha although I might feel this tomorrow. Have a great night everyone. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

No time to post yesterday:

so here is yesterdays run and planks:

6 Miles plus planks @ 90 seconds - 45:44 (7:38 Avg)

Dave59

Thanks for the tinnitus feedback.  I thought I was the only one who had this. Roll eyes  Mine isn't too bad and I don't notice it a lot of the time.  Just sometimes at night when everything is quiet I can't stop thinking about it.

I found a free app for my tablet at Amazon.com called Relax Melodies.  You can pick various sounds and combine them at different volumes, set it on a timer and let it go.  I hooked my tablet up to a speaker last night and had some waves crashing in the rain on a windy day.  Worked great.