Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 8.24.17 (Read 33 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Man, it's been a long day.  Worked (very hectic day--it's just ridiculous)...ran 2 miles before practice...did cross country practice and ran 5 more miles...all during this time I was on my phone dealing with work issues...lost my phone...frantically looked for phone...went to pasta feed (tomorrow's our 1st meet)...asked all the kids if they picked up my phone...went back to school to look for my phone...went home...head coach found my phone and brought it to me (one of the kids found it in her bag...hmmm)...went to get a hair cut...did on-line check at a Great Clips that said 15 minute wait...walked in they said 35 minutes...2 guys walked in right after me--they were told they were next...I got up and left...went to another Great Clips and got right in...came home...time for bed.

Gotta go!  See ya!

I am sorry, no shout outs today. I have had a pretty busy week with all the doctor visits I have had scheduled. Tomorrow is D-day. In the morning they skin my tongue where the errant cells are located. In the afternoon they dope me up with so high test drugs to get my brain to ignore the nerves flashing pain signals as fast and hard as they can. I sure hope the drugs win! A few nights in the hospital then home. Since eating anything solid is likely to be out of the question for over a week I went whole hog this evening. My DW and I tried out a Mediterranean place in the town next door with really good reviews. The food was quite good. But not memorable. We may or may not be back. Then next door for ice cream at a place we have never tried. Now THAT was memorable! Great ice cream. Place called Saugatuck Sweets. It is in Fairfield CT and if you get a chance go.

Running did happen today as well, 15 miles total. Too bad running will end for some time. I ran strong during both of my long run days this week. Such is life. During the run I kept thinking of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWkoquUvD98. If all goes well, not quite as "last time" as the song talks about! See you all when I return to the human race.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike, glad you found your phone, there has to be a story there somewhere. So sorry about the work hassles. Are you still sending out resumes?

Yesterday I meant to say that I have lived here, as in this town, for 61 years. Although I lived a total of 30 years in my childhood home (we bought it from mom and dad), then 23 years at a house that once had a neighborhood grocery store in the front. Then we lived on the lake in mom's "cabin" for a year before decided we really did more than 2BR, 1 Bath and moved across the lake to a two story 4BR. I guess we are here to stay so have been planting perrenials.

Work was super busy today since Traci has been out of the office for a week after her diagnosis. It thought she'd be back to work before she has surgery but I guess not.

No running today since it was raining just when I was going to head out. I do walk on my am/pm breaks though.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I am sorry, no shout outs today. I have had a pretty busy week with all the doctor visits I have had scheduled. Tomorrow is D-day. In the morning they skin my tongue where the errant cells are located. In the afternoon they dope me up with so high test drugs to get my brain to ignore the nerves flashing pain signals as fast and hard as they can. I sure hope the drugs win! A few nights in the hospital then home. 

Wow, TC, this sounds like quite a process. I am sure hope those frogs work for the pain. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

During the run I kept thinking of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWkoquUvD98. If all goes well, not quite as "last time" as the song talks about! See you all when I return to the human race.

You go fight this battle and YOU will come back stronger than ever before.

We are here for you and for your DW.

Hugs and much love my dear running buddy. Please know that the Easy Pacer and I love you dearly and admire you to the sky, the moon and back. You are such an amazing scientist, great friend, and gifted runner!!

I know your DW will keep me posted, so I WILL keep everyone here updated with your progress.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Wow, TC, this sounds like quite a process. I am sure hope those frogs work for the pain. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Ok, I'm sorry twocat, that doesn't sound like much fun. But this from Starr made me LOL...  So why are you getting the frogs in the afternoon if they're doing the surgery in the morning? I guess we'll find out in a week or so when you  make it back.

Holly, I've frequently wondered the same thing. What do they do with all the sandbags from the last time? Although the news is saying the last hurricane to hit land like this was Katrina a dozen years ago (really?). So I guess after awhile they might just say "well, don't need these anymore, dump 'em!"

10.7 trail miles tonight. Legs were still sore and there were times I felt like I had just zero oomph, but it turned out to be a good run. 8:49 avg pace and only 3:33 of "stop" time. Part of that was having to wait for traffic where the trail crosses the road (a first for that!) but there were some rest breaks in there.

Made a stuffed zucchini tonight for dinner. Got to find a way to use these squash, I've already thrown out about 5 because they've just gone bad in the fridge, waiting to be used. We've eaten so much, given so much away, and still have so many in the fridge and there's more out there on the plants! I think tomorrow I might start pulling some plants that are either done, or I want them to be done. Had fresh carrots tonight, just brushed clean, trimmed and in the bowl. Yum.