Masters Running

Race Reports for the week of April 8&9 (Read 27 times)

Mariposai

Well done Starr. I am glad you were able to get other pals to join you in the race!

You did a great job with this 10 miler. I am  so proud of you, sistahh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Well done Mariposai and Starr, and nice pictures!

I'm a little late to the thread, so maybe this will go unseen, but here's my very short tidbit about the ORRRC Xenia Marathon on 4/9.  I wasn't planning on signing up for this again this year, because I've done it numerous times and it generally is fairly boring, scenically, kind of a lonely run out among the not yet planted fields and along the bike path in the countryside between Xenia and Cedarville, and it is always windy.

However, this was the 50th anniversary running, and it is a very inexpensive ($35) local race, so I decided to sign up again. The weather was very nice this year, 44 at the start and 75 at the finish (okay, maybe a little too hot), but still windy.  I think because it was a little later this year and we have had a warm spring, the fields were much greener than usual.

I had higher expectations for this marathon, given how good I felt in Phoenix, but my legs just felt sort of dead after about 9 miles.  It was windy - this race is always windy - and the last 10 miles into a headwind, but given the bright sun and warm temps the wind felt nice.  And I am beginning to just assume there will be at least 4 potty stops during a marathon, so, oh well.  5:00:41 finishing time, and nothing injured.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Holly, you are one strong runner. It seems like you did dig deep and got to the finish line.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Nice race reports by all. Thanks again mariposai for starting up this thread.

Paul