Masters Running

Sunday Cinco de Mayo runs.... (Read 55 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I can't believe i get start rat the thread!!

4 miles with my neighbor this morning, we were laughing about how we are both in terrible shape so we are going to help each other.   She has an excuse though, her cute baby Ryder who was along for the ride.   The good news is we ran 3 straight before taking a walk break.  A milestone for us both.

i also ran/walked 3 yesterday.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

coastwalker

Mornin' Mary and everyone still to post,

Congrats on the 'milestone,' Mary!

Nice racing, soccer coaching and floor work, yesterday, C-R! Busy day...

Good pain-free half marathon prep. run, Dave. Keep up the good work.

Seems like more family and Folkloric fun at the Mariposai household. I hope you all have fun at Bloomsday today.

Tammy, I hope David did well yesterday, and that he is happy with whatever the results were. And I hope you're happy with your Redwood results today!

TomW, I also always look forward to your posts, observations, wisdom, and humor.

CNY, nice running yesterday while the kiddo SAT.

Welcome home, Ribs! How good of you to avoid banditing, and instead providing some good pacing for a stranger. Felt good, didn't it?

Mike, I think it's great that you're a bit nervous about the new job - that tells me you're excited about it, and that's great!

Enke, sorry about Friday's fall, but it seems yesterday's trail run and nap helped (what a great combination!).

Nice racing on the obstacle course yesterday, Evanflein!
      Busy day yesterday at the Holly household too - you're making me tired!

You sure do cook and eat well, Twocat! When are you opening a restaurant?

Looking forward to learn how Gordon did today!

I raced a 5K yesterday in IRC: Sunny, temps around 50, no wind. Two racewalker friends who I haven't seen in a while showed up, which was terrific. Both have always been faster than me, so I conceded the race before it started. Sure enough, Larry won, Rich came in second, and I was third. I was about 40 sec. off my time on this hilly course from last year (wouldn't have moved me up in the standings), but I did negative splits and was happy with that. For my first 5K of the year, it was a fun race.

7.25 easy miles at sunrise this morning. Didn't want to (and couldn't) go too hard after yesterday's race, but I wanted to get out and stretch my legs a bit. It was cool (36), but it felt right nice when the sun shed some horizontal light and helped warm me up. I hurried two gaggle of deer into the woods as I approached them, and enjoyed watching the sunrise surfers as I passed one of their favorite spots along the coast. Lots of projects/chores for today, so I'm going to mosey along.

Cinco fives to everyone!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

WTG Mary.

Nice negative split Jay. Those are always good to see in a race.

Like you I didn't really want to push it but when I was done with this morning's run my pace was very surprising. Oh well. I'll take it. A nice 5.7 under some threatening skies. More soccer games and ref work today. I hope the weather cooperates.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay did such a nice wrap-up, I'm just going to say "Ditto to what Jay said."  Smile  And Jay, nice first 5k of the season!

Hopeful, sure is nice to see you back here...

C-R - hope the rain holds off for your games...

14 slow and gentle miles for me today.  I started out with 8 outside in a blustery 50-ish day, then stopped at home and hopped on the TM for a couple more miles, but got so caught up watching Catwoman that I ended up with more than I had planned.  I'm okay with that.

Now I'm grilling lunch for the family and getting ready to go look at plants.  Off to the driving range with DD later - Friday will start our couples golf league and I haven't hit a ball since last summer...

I'll check back later to hear about the racers..

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Well, my planned 15.4 miler and my first 40 mile week in 1-1/2 years was a big Fail this morning.  Running slow, got 1-1/2 miles into my run and it felt like my chest was going to explode.  Me of the low HR where 183 is the highest HR I've ever had recorded (at the end of my PR 5K).  It wasn't particularly warm.  I wasn't even warmed up - barely beginning to sweat.

Here is the anatomy of an ER visit.

Scared me good.  Decided to go to the ER.  False alarm Thank God.  Weirdest thing I've ever felt.  But don't worry, everything at the ER checked out beautifully.  EKG perfect, blood and enjymes fine.  HR nice and low on the readout.  A Stress Test may be in my future.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Scary, Bill.Shocked  Glad there was nothing obvious AND you're going farther in cheicking it out.  There wasn't a double expresso involved was there?

Nice race, Jay.  This one was obviously not non-competitive.

Hi, Mary.  Nice to jump back in with a start like that.

I had an hour+ eleipticalling aat the gym this morning.  good for 5.3 miles.  I'm pretty sure it's the longest Ive ever doen it, but it should have been 2 hours (at least).  Foot still hurts a little, so ice and vitamin I for the coming days.  Hope PT gets going quickly.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

berger - is that HR on the Garmin correct?  Is so, holy cow and glad you went to the ER.

Hopeful, glad you are back.  You were missed.

Looking forward to hearing about Bloomsday and the Redwoods.

I challenged myself today to run 8 miles at the horse trails, then I thought, that is not going to get me any hero awards, so I decided 10.  And I did it.  That last mile was NOT easy, but, I pushed onward.  I haven't had that completely drained, long run, lightheaded feeling in a long time, it was kind of cool.  Actually it was kind of warm, about 70F at the end.  I just cracked the tunes and zoned out for most of the run, which I haven't done in ages.  Checked my log, it has been 18 months since I did 10 miles.  Woo Hoo me!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Breger - very scary!  Glad you got it checked out, and will follow up as well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi Hopeful - happy for you starting the daily!!Big grin  and glad to see you running!!

Nice work Jay!!

Breger - glad everything checked out ok -- very scary!!

C-R - hope the weather is cooperating for you ....it's beautiful here!!

Holly - love those extra unplanned miles!!

Stumpy - hope PT starts kicking in for sure .... I have a friend in my running group doing that Bay of Fundy marathon too!!

Enke - nice 10!!

I did a local 5k road race yesterday ....first fast run for me since Boston and things felt great!!  26:50 - not a PR but still very happy!!

Today ran 10.3 with a few women from my running group, then went out to breakfast with hubby.  Later did a bunch of core work, wall squats and then biked 12 miles!!  Now, heading out to mass then Chinese food treat with 2 of my nursing school friends!!  YEAH!!

Happy Sunday my friends!!  Can't wait to hear the race reports!!

denise

camille2

I just wanted to pop in to congratulate Erika on her AG win for the Chena River Run yesterday!  I can't believe the conditions-still snow in May!! Glad I'm going back a little later this year.

Also, Holly and Jay, how was the Kentucky Derby race itself?  Well organized?  Would you recommend? I'd thought about the half, but it didn't work out this year.

Edit-I just saw Holly's report.  Thanks!  Congrats to you both!

Didn't have a good race...very warm and really not in shape yet...2:06 and change including a fall with 1 km to go...rolled my ankle when I didn't see a curb and down I went...ankle still a little tender, but the rest of me is fine.

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

I just wanted to pop in to congratulate Erika on her AG win for the Chena River Run yesterday!  I can't believe the conditions-still snow in May!! Glad I'm going back a little later this year.

Missed this earlier - nice job, Erika!

derrick, good job for the UM Flint grads in your family.  C-R, nice Indy Mini.  Mike, good luck starting the new job.  evan, speedy race with the ice and water.  Tammy, how did your son do in his track meet?  CNY, nice running while your son did the testing.  Holly, congrats to your daughter and her softball team.  hopeful, it's good to hear about you having a nice run with your friend.  Jay, good 5K.  breger, that's scary about the HR.  I'm glad it checked out OK and hope you do some follow up.  deez, good job in your 5K.  lynden, way to go in your race.

Nice long runs for Dave, Mike, Twocat, Holly, enke (longest in 18 months), and deez.

This morning, it was in the high 40s and almost calm.  I got in 3 miles at a 10:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Congrats, Erika ~

Bill - Glad everything checked out fine.  Scary stuff!

Thanks for the rundown, Jay.  As usually, I am way behind in here.

Very nice to see, Mary!!

Yesterday I stayed on the bike for 1.5 hrs.  My butt didn't appreciate it at church last night. Roll eyes

Today was the Avenue of the Giants Marathon, and Tammy came down from Grants Pass to run it, so I actually got to meet an RA-er finally!!  I'll let her tell her story since it was her race.

I was a one person cheering team for almost 5 hours, so between all the hootin' and hollerin' and constant hand-clapping, my palms and throat are sore.  There aren't a lot of people who walk out on the course at this race - okay, basically nobody does; they all sit at the end - so people appreciated me ( . . . or at least they said they did . . . hmmmm . . .).  Anyway, I know when I've been in their shoes, especially toward the end, it's nice to have people cheering you on.  Also made me ansy to get back out there.  Well, not on the road, but definitely running.  Soon . . . . soon . . . .

Okay - Off to do some transcription ~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

How cool  is that Leslie had a chance to meet Tammy! I am sure the two of you really enjoyed meeting each other.

I can't wait to see how Tammy did on her marathon today.

Erika, congrast in your AG win!!!

Gordon, your HM may not be what you were looking for, but hey...it is a good time still! Sorry that you fall.

Well, the Mariposai family is finally back to Omak after a whirlwind of a trip to Spokane to run a 12k with 30+ thousand of our best friends. Race results are not up yet, but I sure had fun running a few miles with my DH, then meeting up with my speedy sons and running with them a few miles. The race course is very, very crowded from beginning to end so it is really hard to keep a steady pace. It was a hot day, but gorgeous day for a race. Each one of us are happy that we were able to run our third Bloomsday as a family.

Here is a picture we took of the Posie clan after the race. We have one of our "other sons" in the picture as well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard