Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.29.18 (Read 39 times)

^^^ LOL.  That's about what the complaint alleged!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

8.25 EZ

Starting off on track for 55 on the week of my 55th.

Garage doors; I've always been under the impression to NEVER TOUCH THE SPRING. However, I have on occasion. I'm not as impressionable as most.

Dogz; yeah, that's tough. My ex was a one-woman animal rescue, I don't think 2 months would go by without her bringing home a "lost" dog and then finding a home for it. I know she "rescued" more than a few from abusive or neglectful owners, bless her heart. A few were problems at first, but got into the swing of things within a week or two. I think the other dogs being examples helped. She now has a pitbull that was a problem dog, and with that one she went as far as to go to "Bad Rap" classes with it and it's worked. One of the dogs we shared was a little Miniature Pinscher/chihuahua mix that was born without eyes; she brought him home when he was about 2 months old. he and that pitbull are best friends, the pit outweighs him 10 to 1, but is really gentle when they play. It takes a while, but hopefully you'll find a good home with some patience. One dog that has NEVER gotten over her issues is a Galgo that a friend got through a rescue service in Spain. She STILL is scared of men, even after having been away from hunting in Spain for 5 years. She's ok with women, but she'll run and hide from men.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

RunnerKSA that is a hoot! fatozzig great reply! My DW and I were laughing through both posts.

This morning I got up early enough to maybe match coastwalker's schedule. My goal was to get out the door by 5am. I just missed by a few minutes. I wanted to get in a 10 mile run and return home to eat something and get on the road to work by 7:30. I got close. Left at 7:40. Made it to class in time. The run was in the dark from start to finish. Good thing I have my Rosie Ruiz Fan Club relay team gear! (Hint, hint all you masters, team recruiting for this September's race starts soon.) Being dark somehow motivated my legs to run faster than they normally agree to do. If you want to see the route the relive video is at https://www.relive.cc/view/g17436740656. No pictures. Remember it was dark. If you want a representation of what a picture would look like here it is.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

bioguy

5 really nice miles after a log day at work.

evanflein

32 minutes of pool running. That's about 10 laps. I take a little over 3 minutes to do a lap. So I try to count laps rather than watch the clock. Somehow it seems to help a little. But just a little.

Leslie ought to write warning labels for a living. Like the ones on hairdryers: Do not use while sleeping. I'd love to know the backstory to that one.

"Rescue is my favorite breed" is a good logo. I get annoyed when people pay top dollar for a purebred, and even more so when they pay for a mixed breed puppy. Go to the shelter! Your next best friend is waiting for you there!!

spacityrunner

5ish slow miles on some new to me trails/road tonight with the trail gang.  Finished under the full moon.  It was a spectacular night out there and one of those runs that reminded me why I love running.  Haven't had one of those in a long time!

Trails Rock!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 8 in a soft rain.  Temps dropped during my run.  We'll be back to winter temps (which compared to most of y'all are quite mild) the next couple of weeks.  After work taught spin.

Thanks, definitely been getting some chuckles out of the all the garage door discussions.

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I took notes yesterday so I could give a point-by-point summary of the sermon. I only daydream in the lulls. (I take notes to avoid I checking out mentally.)

Okay dave. Sure never heard of that.
                  How long’ve you been taking notes of sermons?
                  Can you write a book/blog of the good ones?

Maybe sell'em to MikeE or are you
                  getting ready for your retirement

to start your own congregation.

I have run the Tallahassee Half Marathon twice so far. It gives me a chance to visit the kids and grandkids. The race is Sunday and I am not going this year.  But I just saw that the USATF Cross-Country National Championships will be in Tallahassee on Saturday with Galen Rupp and Jordan Hasay participating. This course looks to be a mile or two from my daughter's house.

Okay dave, with kids and GK's in Tallahassee too, why not go.

That’s be all the excuse I’d need, . . . and I’m way out in the PNW.  

ONE MILE + Low-Impact Steps & AquaFit.
                  One uneventfully mizzly mile to the bus
                  for the first Monday at one of the AquaFits.
                  Now I’ve done all four offered every week on M/W/F/Sat.
                  Would’ve loved to have taken my chances outside,
                  though, if it had been pouring in the morning
                  as hard as it was this afternoon.
                  Keepin’ my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.
                  Got there early for the Low-Impact Sr. Fitness Class before AquaFit.

Pretty much the same as the step class I struggled with last week.

Thought I was doing pretty good even with the knee raises and shoulder swings that otherwise are my nemeses nowadays but the only other guy in the class apparently thought differently as he came up and recommended the AquaFit Class for me as he’d taken for a couple of months before “advancing” (his word) into Low-Impact last year.  Quite frankly, I think the AquaFit is harder.  Maybe his “encouragement” had more to do with the fact that, until I showed up, he was the only male member with ~20 women. However, I shall return!

Leslie ought to write warning labels for a living. Like the ones on hairdryers: Do not use while sleeping. I'd love to know the backstory to that one.

This year’s dubious “winners” are out.
                  They include this warning on an electric razor: “Never Use While Sleeping.
                  https://www.voanews.com/a/winners-of-wackiest-warning-labels-selected/1496333.html

"Rescue is my favorite breed" is a good logo. I get annoyed when people pay top dollar for a purebred, and even more so when they pay for a mixed breed puppy. Go to the shelter! Your next best friend is waiting for you there!!

Me too, . . . except, to me, "rescue" dogs've always been the ones

that go out to find and rescue people, not shelter dogs

that all the dogs in my life've been too.

Seattle-area takes in Texas shelter dogs displaced by Hurricane Harvey, flooding (August 31, 2017 - Seattle Times) -  One of more than 30 Texas dogs, flown to Seattle from Texas shelters to make way for pets rescued from the flooding and devastation of Hurricane Harvey is unloaded from a plane at Boeing Field on Wednesday.
                  https://www.seattletimes.com/life/pets/seattle-takes-in-texas-shelter-dogs-to-make-room-for-4-legged-harvey-refugees/ 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

2.20 miles walk/run in 30 min this evening.  Beautiful sunset ~~

2Kitty - Nice photo!

Spacity - Those are the runs that make it all worthwhile.

A few years ago, my MIL adopted a rescue chihuahua that had only been around Spanish-speaking people.  Whenever they left the house for the first few weeks after they got him, my MIL insisted on leaving the TV on on the Spanish-speaking channel.  . . . and he didn't want to adopt a dog in the first place! 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Wow Tammy, you get to go run run run a bunch!!!

Tom White I'm sorry about your back. Try rolling in warm grass.

Dad says I'm a rescue dog. I don't know what I was rescued from. I was little. I know what run run run and ice cream is because of Mom and Dad.

When it was before yesterday, Mom wanted to go for a hike and Dad wanted to go run run run. Dad showed her who is the boss and we went for a hike. We called and had Mia come over and we were very excited.

Dad went some place where Mom did not every go before. There was lots of big big puddles and Mom didn't like it a whole bunch.

We went through one and Dad teased Mom because she held her breath and plugged her nose. She hollered on Dad to just pull over and we could start hiking.

So we went some place where there isn't a trail. Me and Mia had so much fun.

After a very long time in the woods, Dad found a stick!!!

I wanted it really bad!! So did Dad and so did Mia!

We went for a long long time and Mom said we had to go back. We got on the road and Dad said it is not the right road. Mom got all grumpy with Dad because he did not drop a pin. It is bad to drop things in the woods. Dad told me to go find the truck. I said, "Not this time".

Dad started telling Mom that he was on the same road a long time ago. Him and a friend went run run run on this road when a bear came out! Dad wanted to tell his friend to play dead. On accident Dad told him to play "Dad". So his friend said for the bear to go to bed with out any dinner. But the bear did not go to bed. And the bear did have dinner and Dad needed to find a new friend. Mom got grumpy on Dad and he said sorry for poking the bear.

We walked around some more and Mom was very quiet. Then Dad said that maybe we will be on the news! That did not make Mom any happier. Then Dad asked who act like Dad when people made a movie about our hike. Mom got very loud on Dad.

When we got to a fork in the road (?? he's weird???), Dad showed Mom a road marker and said that it was where the truck is. She said she would wait and Dad can get the truck. I waited too. It was only short when Dad and Mia came back. Mom was very happy but still called Dad names for being a chuckle head.

Mia stayed my house and visited for a very long time. We had to beg Dad for ice cream and he finally said it was OK. Thank goodness.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Marathon Maniac #957

Maybe his “encouragement” had more to do with the fact that, until I showed up, he was the only male member with ~20 women.

Yup, that'd be my guess...

Hey Avenger Doggie - that looks like fun! Glad you found the truck!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."