Masters Running

Tuesday, 4.19.16 (Read 35 times)

SteveP

Jay, when interacting with someone who doesn't speak English, do you talk louder and slower?

It's that darn gravity, Dave.

It sounds like you had fun, Deez.

(((((Leslie))))) A silly little grave isn't going to keep that guy down.

My step sister is visiting Dad. She texted me at noonish. Dad was complaining about stomach pain and she hauled him to the Dr.. Who chased him to the ER. He has an infection in his stomach and is being hooked up to a drainage port. 1,500 miles away seems daunting right now.

The company hired an assistant. He spent the first three weeks with the two worst examples I can think of. He spent a day with me and decided it's too hard....Or not easy enough..... We had a talk about pretending he didn't see customers and walking around with his hands in his pockets.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We had a talk about pretending he didn't see customers and walking around with his hands in his pockets.

Oh, I think he used to work at the airlines, walking quickly enough up-and-down the aisles so that by the time anyone noticed him passing their rows, he was already too far out-of-sight to ask for any help or questions.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

MikeE - what does 10 miles with 3x2 thrown in the middle mean??

After warming up for 1.5 miles, I did 2 miles in 13 minutes--1/2 mile recovery--2 miles in 13 minutes--1/2 mile recovery--2 miles in 13 minutes--them 1.5 miles for a cool down.  So 3 x 2 miles of harder running.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After warming up for 1.5 miles, I did 2 miles in 13 minutes--1/2 mile recovery--2 miles in 13 minutes--1/2 mile recovery--2 miles in 13 minutes--them 1.5 miles for a cool down.  So 3 x 2 miles of harder running.

huh?

I read you 4x4 (not)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Jay, when interacting with someone who doesn't speak English, do you talk louder and slower?

Ha!  My BIL does both when speaking to Spanish-speaking folks AND tries to speak Spanish even though he doesn't know it.  I'm guessing the Hispanics folks get a real kick outta him.  "Who's this old gringo??" 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance