Masters Running

40s 50s 60s + On the Run - w/e 3/7 (Read 1348 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Holy Crap, Leslie.  I think I would have been looking for someone to shoot me, not walk back out.   Good thing it's only 16 easy (?)  today.  And no one to sing country at you on top of it.    When you survive this, your 50 miler will feel easy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Queen of 3rd Place

Damn, Leslie - just...damn. Pretzels while running sound yuck - but I guess there's salt. Sounds like you've tried every foodstuff out there.

Good stuff, Jim! Funny about Lulu doing 16.

My 20 went well, surprisingly well, which bodes well for LA in two weeks.

Ex runner

flatland mountaineer

Easy 9 today, I ran to town and a little loop in town on a gorgeous run morning here. The dirt roads had dried enough that the mud didn't stick but still soft enough for a low impact ride. I didn't see a human for the first 8 miles, lots of cows on cornstalk pasture, a few with new babies as calving season is just starting here. I kinda try and sneak by as the mommas get real protective sometimes and with just a temporary single wire fence between I don't care to rile them up. Looks like more rain and snow on the way for tommorow, winter is not ready to give up yet.

Leslie thats some tough running, hope today's is going better for you.

The hotel in PS was the old Wyndom and is now called the Renasanse (sp) . Much better than last yr, last yr staff was pretty hoity toidy and treated us farmers like dirt (get it?). Anyway much friendlier place this yr, we could hook up our laptops to power at every seat and free wyfi so we could get markets etc.

Arla looking good coming into the home stretch!!

Carol I finally got to read your race report, great job racing and super that you had your blood sugar dialed in, should be helpful for races on down the line.

Joe good job on all that crosstraining, I'd be puking doing those boxing workouts no doubt...

Hiya to Kevin, Ev, Cindy, Jewels and anyone else out there.

I have been working in the shop getting stuff ready to go. I still have a couple of fingers and my thumb swollen and sore, but improving. It's kinda annoying when wrenching equipment as I keep bumping them but pretty lucky I didn't  really mess something up as I need a healthy bod to get the crop in.

Have  great week!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hey evryone!

Long run went well today. 

Leslie, sounds like these tough runs are getting you down physically.  While they don't seem to be going your way at the moment, let them empower and strengthen your mental toughness.  Then with plenty of rest before the race, your physical and mental prowess should be top notch by race time.  You're gonna kill it!!

Also, Leslie....you're just a tad bit late for stew.  Had I known, I'da saved you a bowl. 

Arla...nice to hear the 20 went well.

Nice 9er Jim.

Joe, any tough man fights in your future?   I'm with Jim....I'd be puking too!

Hey to all 40s 50s 60s +

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM