Masters Running

Another 2010 Boston Race Report (Read 426 times)

Mariposai

Nice race Grandma...I tell you our baby will grow up thinking that ALL grandmas are hot looking and that ALL of them run Boston as it were a 5k race.  Nice going sistahhh.... thanks for the great race report. You are so awesome!!!!!!!!! please know that...and of course you do KNOW how awesome you really are.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

You are a courageous runner indeed!

This is the worst I’ve ever felt at the end of a marathon.

Considering what we have run in before, I thought this indicated how much you gave to this race.

See you next year!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

A great RR, PDR. As I was reading it, I thought you were leading up to a poor time, but in the end you BQed anyway, so all was not lost! Believe me, I would gladly go through feeling that bad during a race if it meant I could qualify for Boston. At least you and Lou have a chance to run it together next year.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

PDR.....congrats on another Boston under your belt!  Sorry for the discomfort towards the end, but sounds as though you left it all out on the course.  Yes, the beerling is very cute.  Also nice pic of you at mile 20.....that's a keeper right there, I tell you what.

Nice work!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Slo

I love these reports.....and the pictures just make them that much better.

Everyone had such a great time.....and so many great runs...and great runners.

Very nice finish and congrats on another BQ !!!!!

Renee the dog

Really great report!

Congrats on another BQ!  When WRFB posted the pics, I saw the shot of you and had no idea this was the kind of day that was unfolding for you. You sure hid it well for the camera!  Well, and uncomfortable and hard-fought BQ is still a BQ, right?  Superstar!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

OK, new term on the board:  "Harriet UP!"

Way to gut it out, lady.  I am so impressed.  Congrats.  Sorry I missed all the festivities.  It's been a rough year for us--so glad you'll be back, as I will look forward to seeing you in 2011.

Congrats, and let's hope the west coast drift is only temporary.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

congratulations on your BQ!!  sorry the end was so rough but you sure ran a great race!!

see you next year!!

denise

dg.

PDR,   it really says a lot about your training and progress that a not so hot race is still a BQ.     Sorry this one was so rough.   I had this urge to hug you reading about your lurching & sitting on the curb, lurching & sitting on the curb.   !!!!  (sorry.  I remain older than you. motherly instinct :-) )   That really was scary.    

Love the new term, "Harriet up!"    Most appropriate.       Excellent job, congratulations!!!

mta, I love this  "There is always some risk in trying to do well at something, and the pain of a difficult finish is just a reminder that we’re courageous enough to put it out there."    good for me to remember.

Congratulations to your new doctors, too.

Thanks for the pictures.   and you all look like kids.   

The race may not have gone as planned but it sounds like the rest of the trip was a great success.  Still, a run in the Boston Marathon is still a run in the Boston Marathon and undoubtedly this one will go into the fond memory books.  P.S.  Ph.D. in what?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Way to go, PDR.  You really showed how tough you are when those last miles got hard.  Congrats on your BQ at Boston.

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Sorry you felt so awful at the end of the race PDR!   You sure looked great at mile 20, that is for sure.   I'm just happy that Lou was able to find you and help you back to the apartment.

Does anyone else see a resemblence between Lou and Tramps?   I think they could be brothers.

Thanks for the great report PDR!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

#artbydmcbride

It was sure great to me!!  Wow, so beautiful and so's the rest of the family too.  Smile   Great Boston!  And next year even better.

Runners run