Masters Running

Newport Marathon condo accomodations (Read 348 times)

TammyinGP

(crosspost from KR, so if you post both places, you only have to respond to one please).

Hi Folks,
    There are quite a number of us planning on attending the KR/RA meet-up in Newport, OR this summer (wknd of 6/4-6/6).

Although Newport is a touristy area and there are plenty of hotels around, things do book up fairly early there. I have my eye on a quaint little condo community on the beach that I will be staying at - I've stayed in these condo's before and they are nice, clean, very comfortable. They are former apartments so have all the amenities of an apt - such as full kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, etc.

Which condo's I reserve is dependent on how many people want to commit to staying there. There is one larger condo that is reserved already and I'm thinking I should reserve one or two soon before the big ones are gone. Of course, if you prefer to rent a studio for yourself that is fine also.

Here's the prices for off season (peak season doesn't begin til late June, so we get the cheaper prices):

Studio (2 ppl): $109
    1 bedroom (2 ppl): $139
    2 bedroom (4 ppl): $179

For each add'l person staying in the unit it is $10 per person per night. There is a 2 night minimum

the website is: www.littlecreekcove.com
    you can look at each condo unit at the website.

The only larger unit that is already gone is #126.

some of the units that are 2 bedrooms actually accomodate more than the 4 people I designated above. The number of people that I put in the parenthesis above is what the price would be for that number of people. But for example, unit #125 accomodates 6 people, so the price would be $179, plus another $20 for the two add'l people, so a grand total of $199/night, plus whatever the taxes come to. If 6 people slept in that unit, it would total approx $40/per person/per night + tax. If just the 4 people slept in it it would be approx $45/pp/per night + tax. Still a good deal either way.

The drawback to full capacity is that a few folks wouldn't have the luxury of their own bedroom - in unit #125, there's a King bedroom, two twins in a bedroom and a queen hide a bed in the living room.

So, what I would like to know is Who is committing to Newport that would like to get together and share a condo and if you want to share a condo, do you prefer your own room, or would be open to sleeping in the living room if need be. Or if you are committing to Newport, but prefer your own studio, let me know that also.

I'll edit this post as folks let me know what they want to do:

coming to Newport and staying in condo:
    Tamster
    Laura
    (sharing a room with twin beds)

Tammy

Maniac 505

Tammy:

Thanks for this link.  I will probably stay for 4 nights in Newport so I think I will head over and book a studio. (Fri through Monday)  depending on  how many book rooms,  I will offer my studio up as a place for someone to crash.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you tamalina.

Since running accommodations get about as much from my pocketbook as footwear, I'll be bringing my sleeping bag anyway and could use the kitchen or any other floor that might be available in the Palace of the Goddesses.  However, as I got used to the shallow 37degree C. communal sleeping baths that have become popular in Japan nowdays, hot tub would be appreciated if possible.

ps - no particular reason but i will not be participating in the Friday evening carbo load. 

pps - tell divechief I have an air mattress he can use.  

thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Tet:

What is this about you offering me the air mattress???  I will have a studio condo.  I will get the bed!!! 

If you bring an air mattress  you can have the kitchen floor (unless any of the goddesses take you in)

hmmmm,  then again, if any of the goddesses take me in,  maybe you can have the studio bed.

-----------------------------------------------

thank you tamalina.

pps - tell divechief I have an air mattress he can use.  

thanks.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Hi Tammy,

Runrwife and I have made reservations at Little Creek Cove (studio) already.  We will be ready for some partying  and will arrive on Friday and depart Monday.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

TammyinGP

bump

Tammy

Maniac 505

just to add to the bump,  Little creak did not reply to the E-mail I sent on the weekend,  I guess I will call them tomorrow.

Mariposai

MIL is only one hour away from Newport, so my sweetie and I will be staying with her and coming to visit you all for the party.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

I booked a studio for 4 nights,  Friday through Monday night.  It only has one bed, but if someone wants to bring a sleeping bag or just use some sheets they can crash on the floor.

Dave