Masters Running

Monday, September 10 Runs and Rests (Read 487 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

hey carolyn - you don't think those people are staring do you?

Absolutely!   I'm sure lots of people stare at you! 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

we should go do a run together and have all the other runners tripping and falling all over themselves. . Maybe some butterfly wings and batman would help.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

You're going to have a great time, Holly!

Tramps - Your post about the school bus reminded me - two weeks ago when I was running after work, two young guys (early 20s?) in a truck drove by me and the passenger coolly looked at me with no expression, and continuing with the same I'm-cool-I-don't-have-to-smile look, gave me a thumbs up out the window.

Ribs - What a wonderful way for your sister to commemorate Joe.  It sounds like they were lucky to have each other.

The plan was to do some core/strength training this a.m., but I was still feeling beat, so I stayed in bed.  Have been pooped all day, so I took tonight off from transcription and am heading to bed here soon.  Too much of the "covers on-sweating/covers off-freezing" last night.  Hopefully, tonight will be better.  It's an "easy" week this week (which means no speed work), so we'll see if I can make a come-back.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Bushrat Runner

Ran 4 miles at lunch today. Hopefully I'll again get back into the groove. After the Valley Road Run, the dash home, then a quick flying vacation, then travel for work, then another flying vacation with family...it all sort of got away from me. Now I'm plotting my assault on the poor moose population, which will occur during the Equinox...much to my chagrin. Maybe next year I'll plan ahead a little better somehow. 

As for giving Holly a lift, I would absolutely love to. But if she thinks 15 hours is slow, when I flew here from Ohio in the bugsmasher it was 14 days...of course a few of those were weather days, but still...it takes a long time at 110 mph to cover that sort of distance. But there have been quite a number of people that decide they don't like being afraid of flying so they take flight lessons to get over it. In my case, I already liked flying in little planes, but big planes don't do much for me. Like being trapped in a submarine squished in with a bunch of strangers. We're squished in our plane, but the view is awesome.

Chinitna Bay

Jets fly too high for this particular brand of lovely. Which is why small planes are one of the best ways to see the world, and certainly one of the best ways to see Alaska. How small is a small plane? Pretty small.

cold camping