Masters Running

Sunday, September 23 daily (Read 39 times)

Mariposai

Greetings from the twocats den. I arrived here yesterday afternoon. After a nice dinner last night and a long sleep I am ready now to go for a run with Mrs. Twocat.

BTW, twocat should open a culinary school. You should see him last night directing three divas how to make linguine in clam sauce and other amazing dishes.

Carpe diem my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai beat me to starting the daily! But she started it before her workout!  That is like soooo unfair. Where is the decency man? Really? Here I did my morning workout before she even came down to go out and run. Yes, due to my exceptional drive and perseverance I pulled 15 times on a resistance band with my forefoot not once but twice! Then summoning all of my energy, after a short rest to recover, I then pushed my forefoot against a resistance band with my forefoot. Then I was set to legitimately start the daily. But could I? Nooooo. 

Holly S. never look a raffle win in the mouth! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyxFMbqKYA

Falconfixer what does TVA stand for?

Quickadder a "get together" for a 50k! I am pretty sure if I ever decided to run a 50k that "get together" would just be me.

anneb sounds like a nice route. For me to run along a forest trail I have to drive somewhat.

RunnerKSA get left behind is why I stopped trying to run with the local running club. Then again, they all seem to end up running alone anyway since none of them adapt their pace to keep any sort of group together. 

Mike E sounds like your wards had a great time. Nice to hear that they were cheering for everyone there.

evanflein my DW would never let us keep our doors unlocked. I guess neither would I for the most part. It is true that it is easy enough to break down a door or smash a window. But we have always had alarm systems on our house to make life hard for anybody that actually takes that route into our place.

SteveP not getting strung up by DW as a day's success is something I can really, really relate to!

tetujin209 amen!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

coastwalker

G'mornin' Mariposai, and welcome to the east coast, and to the first day of autumn. Sounds like you're having a fine and delicious time with the Twocats.

Twocat, sometimes life is just so unfair!

There's still a sekrit door to our house that we keep unlocked all the time, but all the rest are locked when we're not here and overnight. We started locking everything up a few years ago when there was a series of break-ins in our town. That was when, although we liked the concept of not locking up, we decided that we are better safe than sorry.

8.8 EZ RW miles in fall-like 46° temps this morning, for which I broke out a l/s shirt and a pair of light-weight gloves. My ankle was OK, but I'll keep it braced for extra support for the rest of the day.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, a bit of a late start but didn't pay too high a price for it.  Cooler today, but humidity about the same.  Actually got some "almost drizzle" rainfall.  Wished it had been more.  Anyway, 7.4 miles at just under 9 min pace.  There was even an occasional, slightly less warm, breeze.

Twocat, TVA is Tennessee Valley Authority.  Where I live is home to one of the dams (Wilson Dam) with accompanying locks.  Without boring the heck out of you, Florence is across the Tennessee River from Muscle Shoals.  Muscle Shoals got its name from the labor required to get anything upstream (or downstream for that matter) that stretch of the river.  The TVA (like 32 dams) made the river more easy to navigate as well as providing hydroelectric power for the region.  There is a fair amount of parkland on the southside of the dam with trails (paved and unpaved).  It gets a lot of use.  As for the cooking.....there are three of us in the house that enjoy cooking.  So who takes the lead depends on what is being made.

Jay, welcome back (I'm late)!

Have a great day everyone!

Pouring rain this morning so I just now did my run-  3.1 slow, low HR (well, mainly) miles with humidity like Florida- but it wasn't raining.  It was the Sunday of the Bishop's visit to my daughter's church, so we drove up there for the service.  It was horrible driving- lots of water on the highway and a little hydroplaning by some cars.  We made it.  The Bishop isn't terribly popular at her church (and with many folks at our church) due to his minority views (one of 8 in the country) on not supporting same sex marriages in the church, so she was hoping her parishioners showed up.  It was decent attendance, considering the weather.

We got out of the Vandy game (disaster....) yesterday mid 3rd quarter just ahead of torrential rain and made it to a bar just as the rain started.  Good planning.  The game was delayed, but we had seen enough at that point.  There's a fascinating woman who is somewhat of a Twitter celebrity among Vandy fans. She has 2 awesome sons on the Vandy team and is just a really good person.  I think she is originally from Nigeria but spent time in London. She has a wonderful accent.  Her husband is great, too, but she is the one who gets the attention.  My goal for the tailgate was to meet "Momma O" and I did!  She recognized me right away from Twitter (and also my daughter) and we had jello shots and pictures.  When in Rome.....   It was my 73 year old husband's first jello shot.  He liked it!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am not going to say one single word about the Vikings.

I woke up with a terrible headache.  Because our Pastor was gone, today, I lead the service....with my head ponding the entire time.  I got home, turned on the Vikings game, and my head really started pounding....but I'm not saying one single word about the Vikings.  I went for a run--a pretty tough run--2 mile warm up - 4 x 1.5 mile strength intervals with .5 miles rest in between - 1.5 mile cool down--for a total of 11 miles.  My head never hurt the entire time.  Of course, now that I'm done with my run, my headache is back.  If this is like most of the headaches I get, I will have it for two more days. 

Okay--that's all I got.  I'm going to lie down and close my eyes...and not say one single word about the Vikings.  See ya!

Vikings Shmikings.

Don't ask about the Oregon/Stanford game. 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Don’t even talk about football today 😡

how exactly are tackles supposed to stop a quarterback this year? That rule stinks. And it’s so subjective to the ref calling the game. That’s it. I’ve got nothing else to say. And I don’t even have a headache!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

G13.1 cycle miles.
                    Spent the morning in the assembly line of patients in the dental line of the city’s annual public health fair for a preventative filling, expedited sine Novocain because “this shouldn’t hurt too much.”  Unfortunately, he didn’t say anything about not feeling it but it wasn’t worth slowing down the line so I grinned-and-beared-it.  Even though it pretty much conked me out a little past ten miles, beautiful first-full-day-of-fall afternoon at 61o was perfect for a 13.1 mile cycle circuit of the island’s spring-time half marathon course that had blooming cherry blossoms in March but sun shining through bright yellow leaves today.  More sun for the rest of the week, . . . and full moon too.  Bring on the fall. <<<(ed note: enjoy-it-while-it-lasts)>>>
                    Jeanne/MikeE - with rare weekend having both Seahawks
                    and UW Huskies in the football win column,
                    talk about football as much as you want.   
                    Jeanne - maybe you should have watched golf.

MikeE - maybe you should have kept running,

ps mariposai - please do not cook,

repeat - please do not cook for twocat.

Maybe go runnning as much as possible

with Mrs. Twocat and tell him how much fun it was.

He is spoiled enough.

Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

13.1 cycle miles.
                      Spent the morning in the assembly line of patients in the dental line of the city’s annual public health fair for a preventative filling, expedited sine Novocain because “this shouldn’t hurt too much.”  Unfortunately, he didn’t say anything about not feeling it but it wasn’t worth slowing down the line so I grinned-and-beared-it.  Even though it pretty much conked me out a little past ten miles, beautiful first-full-day-of-fall afternoon at 61o was perfect for a 13.1 mile cycle circuit of the island’s spring-time half marathon course that had blooming cherry blossoms in March but sun shining through bright yellow leaves today.  More sun for the rest of the week, . . . and full moon too.  Bring on the fall. <<<(ed note: enjoy-it-while-it-lasts)>>>
                      Jeanne/MikeE - with rare weekend having both Seahawks
                      and UW Huskies in the football win column,
                      talk about football as much as you want.   
                      Jeanne - maybe you should have watched golf.

MikeE - maybe you should have kept running,

ps mariposai - please do not cook,

repeat - please do not cook for twocat.

Maybe go running as much as possible

with Mrs. Twocat and tell him how much fun it was.

He is spoiled enough.

Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Quickadder

Rain and thunderstorms this morning, then watch Drew Brees take advantage of the new rule against touching the QB by walking in 2 touchdowns, so I ran late afternoon. Horribly hot and steamy and the legs had not recovered from yesterday, so was a tough easy run of 5.3 miles. Couldn’t stop the sweat from running into my eyes and now I’m seeing double posts from Tetsujin.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Horribly hot and steamy and the legs had not recovered from yesterday, so was a tough easy run of 5.3 miles. Couldn’t stop the sweat from running into my eyes and now I’m seeing double posts from Tetsujin.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I was not tired after the 13.1 mile cycle and the np-Novocaine filling

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I was not trieded after the 113.1 mile cycle and the no-Novocaine filing

I was not trieded after the 113.1 mile cycle and the no-Novocaine filing