Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 08/15 (Read 507 times)

Do You Ever Stop and WonderHow do blind people know when they are done wiping?

(Bah ha ha ha!  Sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

Run and Rock On, my friends.  But do it safely.  Wantcha'll back here again next week.

Dutchie -31.75 km/19.74 miles running, 13 km biking, upper body-2x, lower body-1x, other-2x

Shadowrunner - 25.1 miles running; 1hr core excercises including  630 push-ups, hour of free weights

OrangeMat - 38.9 miles running, 3x yoga, 15 miles biking

Evryday - 3 official running miles, here&there the other days ()

Stumpy - 8.11 miles running, some stretching

Evanflein - 44.7 miles run, 2.1 miles walked (plus more while berry picking)

pfriese - 54.2 miles running

Dove - 28 miles running, 2 weight sessions

fatozzig - 40 miles running (22 road, 18 trail), 1.50 hrs of core/upper body, and a 4-block "sprint" to the courthouse.  I'm countin' it!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest (lordy, lordy, I want to play hooky from work so bad!)

Tues - Upper Body/Core; 5 Hill Repeats ------------------------------------ 50 mins upper body/core; 5 hill 'peats (2.2 miles)

Wed - 10 Miles w/Strides -------------------------------------------------------- 8.25 sucky run w/no strides

Thurs - Travel to Conference in Ubber Hot Modesto --------------------

(beautiful part of California.  Truly gorgeous . . . NOT!)

Fri - Gotta Work 20 miles in Somehow --------------------------------------

Sat - Gotta Work 10 Miles in Somehow -------------------------------------

Sun - Drive Home from Conference -----------------------------------------

Total:

4 of us traveling to Conference this time, with a planned winery stop along the way.  I'm such a light weight and driving, so I doubt I'll have more than a couple of sips.  Modesto is scheduled to be triple digits this coming weekend.  Lord have mercy on me!  I mean, for crying out loud - we haven't hit 60 in days here in Ye Ole Eureka!

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie, and... um... interesting thought for the week. I heard an ad today on the radio for a group that would take your car (as a donation, running or not) for a group benefiting blind people. Not sure I'd want to give my car to blind folks, but whatever....

Ok, another build up week, culminating in my first (second?) 20 miler. After last week's awful attempt, I'll take better care preparing for this one.

Monday: Rest day... and some garden repair cleaning up after a moose raid

Tuesday: 5.4 trail miles run, .3 mile walk

Wednesday: 1.5 mile walk at lunch; ran home from work (10.3 miles of rolling hills), .33 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 6.4 hilly trail miles run, .33 mile walk c/d

Friday: 4.4 miles run, easy effort, .62 mile walk up the hill

Saturday: 10.3 mile tempo run, .4 mile walk

Sunday: 20.1 miles, 8:18 avg pace, hot, hot, hot! Temps got up to 87° while I was out there, in full sun; .2 mile walk before rescued.

Totals: 57.3 miles run, 3.7 miles walked

Dutchie! A 3 week "stay-cation" sounds wonderful!! I really need to take at least a week off and do that, but I never seem to make it happen. Have fun!

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning everyone And thanks again Leslie.Three more days of work, than it's a 3 week vacation for me. I'm not going anywhere, staying home and read, do a few chores around the house that need doing, run a little and relax.

Feeling much better than yesterday.

Mon: Boot Camp w/o (XT)

Started the day with the planned boot camp workout (8 cycles of 60 seconds of cardio, LB, UB and core). I was OK doing the LB, UB and core. But darn those cardio segments were hard. I only managed to finish three out of the 8 cardio segments. All others I had to stop early. And they only last 60 seconds. You can do anything for 60 seconds, right? Well, I sure couldn't!

After that, I took Spikey and Spooky and went out for a short run. Hey, I had to walk 'm, might as well put my running shoes on. I tell ye though, the forward motion of running, is sooo much more easier, than the upward motion of the boot camp cardio. I had a very nice easy 5.2K run.

It now feels like I haven't worked out yet. Weird!

Tue: 7K easy run with some strides thrown in + 30min LB

I was late leaving the house and I knew I wouldn't be able to add a 30min LB, so I did a slightly longer loop and ended up running 8.8K. Sort of forgot about the strides though.

Wed: 1h30 easy run

Last day at work  before my 3 week vacation. Expected it to be a nice slow day. NOT! It was a crazy day. I got a text early morning telling me to get to the office pronto because of a huge IT problem (some machine crashed). I'm a member of our business continuity team and we were all called in to decide on further actions. Which meant I couldn't go for a run. Anyways, problems we're solved by 10 AM and I could finally get to work. Then it seems that everyone wanted me to do something before I left for three weeks. People were at my desk, calling me, emailing me... I finally forwarded my phone, turned my out of office on and closed my office door at 3PM. I didn't finish work till 9PM (I was thrown out by security).

Thu: 7K easy run + 30min Plyo

Nothing to report.  I sat down and went through the Open University courses that were on my shelf. I decided it was time to get serious again and set out goals for the rest of the year. Then put a planning together. Re-read some stuff I collected on study skills. Re-read some chapters regarding critical thinking. And before I knew it it was time for dinner. 

Fri: 5.5K easy run + 30min UB

10.1K easy run with Spooky. Went better than I expected. But I was pretty sloooooow. Took Spike on a long walk to the garden center. They also have an area where they sell stuff for pets (food, toys etc). And walked back. Spend 6 hrs (in blocks of 2 hrs) with my face in a textbook.

Sat: 7K easy run + HiiT 30/30

Lovely morning. 10.1K easy run again. Same  loop as yesterday. Just running it the other way round. Made a deliberate effort to run faster.: 6:47/kilometer instead of 7:02/kilometer. Took Spike out for a long walk again. This time we went to the supermarket to get a few things.

They've forecasted lots of rain. Guess I'll be indoors all day, relaxing....

Sun: 2h45 long run

Windy and rainy. That didn't help my motivation. Finally decided to hop on the TM. First 18 kilometers were pretty enjoyable. Then I got tired end fed up. Mentally a big struggle those last 5 kilometers. Did finish 23 kilometers. Only ran 2h37. Really didn't want to run those last 8 minutes.

Total running mileage:57.2 kms

Total biking mileage:13kms

LB:1x

UB:1x

Abs:1x

Other: 0x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Not sure I'd want to give my car to blind folks 

Reminds me of the movie, "Hear No Evil, See No Evil."   Funny movie in a corny kinda way.

Mon...........3miles.......................3miles

Tues.........3miles.......................no run

Wed...........rest...........................no run

Thurs........rest...........................no run

Fri..............3miles.....................no run

Sat............rest...........................3miles run...3 walk with LMD

Sun............3miles....................3miles run....3 walk with LMD

Thanks Leslie.

Total....9 miles run.....6miles walk

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  Re: Conference and running: Just remember where there is a will there is a way...and I want to play hooky too! 

Mon:  AM- 15-20 mins of core excercises:  4 sets of push-ups [total=160], 3 sets of abds, and 3 pull-ups.  Some mild stretches afterwards.PM:  45 mins of Free weights - Chest, back, arms, abds.

Tue:  AM - 15-20 mins of core excercises:  4 sets of push-ups [total=200], 3 sets of abds, and 3 pull-ups.  Some mild stretches afterwards.  PM: 5.9 miles in 90F and high humidity - hill run pace was 8:00 min miles. 

Wed:  Slept in today so didn't do core excercises.  PM:  3.6 miles @ 8 min pace at Cooper River Park.  Temps 98F with high humidity - not fun.  Wanted to do 2 loops but temps and humidity took their toll.

Thur: AM- 15-20 mins of core excercises:  4 sets of push-ups [total=180], 3 sets of abds, and 3 pull-ups. Followed by a 5.39 mile easy run in low 70F degree and humid weather.  A lot better than yesterday. PM: Hour of free weights and circuit weight training.  UB mostly but some leg work.

Fri: AM- 15-20 mins of core excercises:  4 sets of push-ups [total=180], 3 sets of abds, and 3 pull-ups. SRD rest of day.

Sat:  Early morning 12.5 mile shirtless run in low 70F temps and low humidity. 

Sun:

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Re: Conference and running: Just remember where there is a will there is a way

The "Way" is a treadmill.  Ugh!   I always feel more beat up after running on a treadmill.  But when it's a treadmill or sidewalks and 3-digit temps, I'll grudgingly take the treadmill.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Those Europeans know how to live.  I'm not sure what 3 weeks off would feel like.  It's been longer than I can remember that I had 2 weeks off.

Well, I have a new HM in sight and trying to decide whether to do the novice again or move to the intermediate (Higdon, that is).  I have a week or so to figure it out, but I'm thinking Novice with a bit more speed work and/or another day of running.  I really like (and think I need) the XT that is part of the novice.

Mon:  Yoga, I hope.  Done, and better than I had hoped.

Tues:  3 miles easy and hope there's a little energy.  2.4 easy H&H.  Again. 

Wed:  stretch.  sort of.

Thur:  5K race after work..  done, but a little slowly

Fri:  Rest.  done

Sat:  Pump.  Done--1st time in a month and I felt it.

Sun:  5+ (I hope).  5.4 miles slow, but much better than last week.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

Day Planned Actual Comment
                    M 6-8 miles 7 miles Hot & humid
                    T 5-7 miles 7 miles  
                    W 9-11 miles 0 miles Overslept
                    Th 5-7 miles 7 miles  
                    F 9-11 miles 0 miles Slept in again
                    Sa 5K race 5K  + wu  
                    Su 15 miles 19.9 miles Added a few extra for missed midweek runs
                    Total >60 miles 45.6 miles Less than planned, but still happy with the week total

Paul

OrangeMat

MM #6177

And I thought I was the one who thought too much.... sheesh....

Thanks again Leslie. I say this every week: I wish I knew how to plan for my week's workouts, as opposed to just letting them happen as I feel like, one day at a time. I'm not in training for any sort of race, and while I've thought about doing that, the process of committing to something just seems contrary to how I operate. I feel better being open-ended, ya know?

Oh, and this is what I was talking about when I said I think too much...

But ok, I'll try.

Mon..... 10.25 miles, yoga

Tue...... 5.8 miles (run/recovery intervals w/group)

Wed..... 6.25 miles

Thur..... 5.5 miles, +3.5 miles, massage

Fri........ yoga (i.e. rest day)

Sat....... 3.25 miles, 18.3 miles biking

Sun...... 7.15 miles

totals: 41.7 miles, 2x yoga, 18.3 miles biking

Dutchie42

Stumpy: 3 weeks off feels like in week 1 you still have that urge to hurry up and watching the clock like I would when I work. Week 2 I'm starting to relax. Week 3 I feel great but as the week gets on, I have this growing daunting feeling that I have to go back to work. But it sure is nice to be my own boss for three weeks

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Dutchie, I'm green with envy! Enjoy!