Masters Running

Monday July 22 Daily (Read 53 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

..now don't go put  ideas into my head....Smile   the day after the race is when I tend to sign up for the next one..

<<<<(actually, since I just ran 200 miles in may in the allotted time for the 150 miler, maybe I'll just do 400 miles for both of us)>>>,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I just had a dream that, though it took over eight hours, I finally hiked up to the top of Mt. Fuji in the one-pronged, wooded geta sandals that the ancient Tengu priests are said to have designed for hiking up 45-degree slopes.

In case francesca, who used to live over here in her pre-running days, is listening, there was a 47km Mt. Fuji umi-to-chojo race going on at the same time and, in two weeks there's an umi-to-chojo and back down to the umi again one.  omedetou though to you on another VT-100, especially now that I know the "vt" doesn't have anything to to do wtih "vertically terrible" or whatever you seem to be seeking out nowadays as hard as possible and, instead, means you have to go all the way back to Vermont to find a sufficiently hard 100 mile challenge for you.   Maybe climb Mt. Fuji four-or-five times the same day instead.  My quads have only been this sore once before, at White River when I could still do it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Snork Twocat! Awesome and yes, I can imagine that conversation! Congrats Francesca!  You are Amazing!

Not sure if y'all can see the photos in this link----should be public:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=674925836205&set=a.674925297285.1073741829.15401634&type=1&theater

We had a blast!

Four of my teammates raced at the US Mountain championships at Mt. Cranmore in NH on Sunday and won the women's open division-----by 26 minutes! They ran in a pack and finished 18, 19, 20 and 24-----a National title for the Western Mass Distance Project! roar.

You had me at 13,000 ice cream sandwiches Tom!

Hurray for fantastic shape Steve.....phew!

Good running for your friends Ribs!

I ran an easy 5 miles in Burlington VT this morning---bike path by the lake. I was there for a conference speaking gig and got home in time for dinner. hurray.

Karin, it turned out my pacer, Chris, was from Central Mass and had come out in the first place to support Brian...also told me that the 2 of them will come out to race at Cascade Crest in August,where I will work  at the mile 80 aid station. I will certainly make sure to do my best to assist them out there at a particularly challenging point of the race!  Too bad we didn't meet up but I'll be back next year and hopefully then we'll have another chance! Smile

Karin, it turned out my pacer, Chris, was from Central Mass and had come out in the first place to support Brian...also told me that the 2 of them will come out to race at Cascade Crest in August,where I will work  at the mile 80 aid station. I will certainly make sure to do my best to assist them out there at a particularly challenging point of the race!  Too bad we didn't meet up but I'll be back next year and hopefully then we'll have another chance! Smile

That's awesome Francesca and I love the small world connection! Even though Brian and Amy did amazingly well at this VT 100, they both felt off and didn't have their best days. I know Amy is looking forward to Cascade Crest and will be able to put this past weekend's results well into perspective by then. It will be awesome if you can give them a special shout-out at mile 80---indeed a tough spot. As her crew and pacers, we worked to lift her spirits one aid station at a time and that worked well especially for that last evil 4 mile stretch.  Amy loves Sharkies and Honey Stinger chews....how about I send you some that you can give to her at mile 80? Maybe PM me your address? I know she'll have them with her, but imagine her surprise if you were to hand them over and say they are from Karin.

Oh and she's trying to persuade me to run the VT 50 on my 50th birthday in 2014 since it's a September race and near my 50th! Joking Aack!

We definitely need to meet and well done---brava again to you!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

That's awesome Francesca and I love the small world connection! Even though Brian and Amy did amazingly well at this VT 100, they both felt off and didn't have their best days. I know Amy is looking forward to Cascade Crest and will be able to put this past weekend's results well into perspective by then. It will be awesome if you can give them a special shout-out at mile 80---indeed a tough spot. As her crew and pacers, we worked to lift her spirits one aid station at a time and that worked well especially for that last evil 4 mile stretch.  Amy loves Sharkies and Honey Stinger chews....how about I send you some that you can give to her at mile 80? Maybe PM me your address? I know she'll have them with her, but imagine her surprise if you were to hand them over and say they are from Karin.

Oh and she's trying to persuade me to run the VT 50 on my 50th birthday in 2014 since it's a September race and near my 50th! Joking Aack!

We definitely need to meet and well done---brava again to you!

Don't worry about sending them,I'll figure out what they are ( ...being Italian i fuel more on Parmesan and Nutella..Smile )and get them here for her! Of course if there is anything else they might need, happy to help out. If they need a place  to stay either before of after they are more than welcome to my house. I'll send you my email in any case for further communication.

wildchild

Carolyn

Hmmm... Karin, you're thinking about doing a 50 miler next September for your 50th birthday?   I might have to think about joining you!  Smile  And I see that they also have a 50k and a 50 mile 3-person relay - maybe an RA meetup for Karin's 50th?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hmmm... Karin, you're thinking about doing a 50 miler next September for your 50th birthday?   I might have to think about joining you!  Smile  And I see that they also have a 50k and a 50 mile 3-person relay - maybe an RA meetup for Karin's 50th?

That would be fabulous!

Marathon Maniac #957

OK, you guys are putting ideas into my head.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."