Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 5.10.17 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s tootinalong workouts:

RunnerKSA (3.5 morning miles + 2.2 after work miles)

Tramps (8 miles, including 3 X 1 tempo intervals)

Henrun (2 sunny miles)

Tet (5 sunny-all-the-way miles)

Pfriese (6 miles, up and down the Mt. Scott Rd)

Holly (4 morning TM miles)

Twocat (6 freezing May miles)

Mike (6 post-chiropractor appt. miles)

StarrRuns (3.1 morning miles with noisy geese)

Mariposai (12 fun miles with hillage and water)

RunnerKSA, I’m glad you ate well at the luncheon. I guess the reporters were seeing double (or triple) when they counted the protesters.

Tramps, I knew it wasn’t e.e. cummings, but I didn’t know it was Costello. Thanks.

I hope you got the plumbing issues resolved, Henrun.

Tammy, congrats to David for playing well, even if he lost match #2. I hope he gets through this week OK, and that you do too!

Tet, it appears you can count with the best of ‘em.

That’s a heck of a route, Pfriese.

Good grief, Holly.

A little warmer today, Twocat?

My advice would be to not fall apart, Mike.

I hope you get your refunds, StarrRuns.

Nice run in the water, Mariposai.

Sorry, Steve, but I can’t help with your ‘friend’s’ request.

Like Henrun, I have a race on Sunday, but it is judged racewalking races I am organizing. A bright spot is that Robin is coming with her racewalking son, and it will be great to see them both, despite the forecasted rain.

I went 7.1 RW miles at 4 this morning in much warmer (well, maybe not so much) temps than yesterday - 42° vs. 36°.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Good morning, Jay, and all who follow.

Henry--a flooded kitchen sounds like a major drag.  Hope it got taken care of.

Tet, Tet, Tet [shakes head] --we want the penguins to die.  This isn't climate change; it's hockey!

Paul--that looks like a cool run!  Who needs switchbacks when you have a spiral.

Mike--"Go Caps," indeed.  Could be the "Battle of the Capitals" next round...but we have to get through this one first.  Hopefully, history won't be repeating itself.

Starr--I'm in limbo until I figure out this knee thing.  I'm still hoping for a Fall marathon, though.  We'll see.  Thanks for asking.

Mari--you sound like a kid jumping in puddles!

Steve--you ran a half this weekend?  And didn't post a report on the racing thread?

Our IRC continue.  6EZ miles this morning.

What are the odds that the new FBI director will be Ivanka Trump?  Just asking. #bananarepublic

Be safe. Be kind.

4 miles before my flight to cold Detroit.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

4.33 miles in heavy fog this morning.

2 game 7's tonight in hockey action.  (And next New Year's Day, Buffalo Sabres will be back in the outdoor classic. Lets hope they're better next season.)

Perfect tweet in my feed today: "Trump needs to rehire Comey just to see everyone switch sides again."

I hope nobody suffered any serious whiplash by changing their opinion too fast yesterday.

This is why I only watch hockey and Netflix. Try as hard as I can, I am still exposed to too much news of the day.

TammyinGP

Made it through my two long days and now today will seem so easy and short. just working and I'm even going to leave work at 4 to go run. should be a hot one at mid 80's so good relay training. 
            David found out that the kid he lost to in round 2 ended up winning overall and is District champ. Just didn't seem fair that a luck of the draw had him going up against such a top player in only round 2 (round 1 based on seeding, round 2 was literally a drawing of names). 
            but onward and upward. Next week he's ready to start off-season training with his tennis coach. 

Tammy

Tramps

Hmm...I just noticed my desk calendar for today.  Coincidence?

Be safe. Be kind.

Please keep politics out of the daily. No one will be convinced to change their minds in a few sentences. But people might poison relationships. If you want to discuss politics there are many, many places set up to do so. Another alternative is to start a separate thread outside the daily making it clear it is about politics.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Steve's friend}}}

DD's suspension actually happened last Thursday, and we locked up her phone and tablet for 5 days until she went back to school.  We would have kept her phone longer but her Spanish project involved photos that we on her phone, and she needed the phone to complete it.  She also was able to complete her work from the days off and turn them in, and she did lots of chores (voluntarily) over the weekend to try to make it up (and get her phone back).  Schools are very hardcore about social media, though, almost too much so.  A local middle school boy "Liked" a photo on Instagram of an air pistol that had the caption "Ready" and got suspended for 10 days because the school interpreted his "liking" of the picture to be a threat.  Really?

7 miles for me on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

It took just under 8 hours for two plumbers to fix - living in an old building can be a nightmare.  Now we have to find out which is common and which is our responsibility (for those not up on condo stuff, common is paid for through our maintenance fees)

Ran a little yesterday before plumbers came and none today - but did bike to library and to our last class at the MFA - we've been taking a course on Matisse.  tonight we get to spend home - out every night this week except tonight - fun things, but tiring!

Holly - good luck with DD - happy my kids are grown and they'll have to deal with these issues, not me!

We're making decision Saturday as to weather to bag our race - not driving several hours for a 5K in a nor'easter....even for a night away!

have fun all,

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

holly - sure glad my DS didn't go to your DD's school.

Even more glad that I didn't.

In fact, I wish Steve'd been at my school, . . .

I could've blamed everything on him. Smile

no blue skies this morning but nothing coming out of the increasing clouds either so enjoyed a dry fiver. 
                      supposed to be back to normal tomorrow.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hi, All - This has to be quick.  Sorry no time for shout-outs to everyone (and I cheated cut and pasted this post from another forum I'm in).

Guess what I did yesterday?  I went a 30-min walk at lunch.  It felt so good!  I'm paying the price for it, but I don't care.  It was just nice to be outside and moving.  And someone in the "Health and Nutrition" form has had the same issue as me, said the injection helped a lot, and told me about a seat pad called the Wondergel.  It had great reviews on Amazon, so I ordered one today.  Anything to enhance the comfort of sitting is a bonus.

Okay - My 30 min for lunch is over (we get 1 hr, but I usually only take 30 min).  I have more on my plate regarding work than I know what to do with, so I best get back at it.  Enjoy the rest of your week ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Guess what I did yesterday?  I went a 30-min walk at lunch.  It felt so good!  I'm paying the price for it, but I don't care.  It was just nice to be outside and moving.  And someone in the "Health and Nutrition" form has had the same issue as me, said the injection helped a lot, and told me about a seat pad called the Wondergel.  It had great reviews on Amazon, so I ordered one today.  Anything to enhance the comfort of sitting is a bonus.

This is good news that you could walk.  I'm sure the Wondergel pad will do Wonders!  I hope that you get in for the injection sooner.

Jay, 42° is a bit better than freezing.  We had 53° and no wind today/

Egads, TWO hockey games tonight.  Will it be over then?

I need to be quick too. After checking the weather last night it looked like the best time to run would be at 5am. Rain was in the forecast after that. I couldn't sleep anyway so headed out for the usual lake run.  There is a group of 5 gals, all faster than me, that run at 5 every morning, 5 at 5.  Anyway, the were just ahead of me when I started.  Two of them had these neon vests lit up with some sort of battery. They looked pretty cool and were really bright. After a mile I thought of those blasted geese on the other side, just at mile 4 of my run.  I chickened out and turned back at 2 miles to get in 4 for the day. Is there such a thing as goose spray?  Will they leave you alone if you yell at them? Where is tomwhite anyway?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

After a mile I thought of those blasted geese on the other side, just at mile 4 of my run.  I chickened out and turned back at 2 miles to get in 4 for the day. Is there such a thing as goose spray?  Will they leave you alone if you yell at them? Where is tomwhite anyway?

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Maybe just a water bottle with a jet spray?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Where is tomwhite anyway?

Another goose attack, perhaps?