Masters Running

Thursday February 12 Runs, Swims, whatever ..... (Read 672 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Geez, no one has started us off yet? I woke up late as I had turned the alarm off while listening to the wind gusts. Sat around with a cup of coffee and then decided to at least loosen up the legs on the treadmill. Only had time for 1.5 miles at 11 m/m pace. Felt pretty good for a treadmill run. Happy Thursday! P.S. Hallar - I read with interest your plan. I'm trying to keep up with you .... Tongue

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hill Runner

Good morning all, I honestly thought that it was Thursday today....I'm losing it. Wink 10.17 miles of hills @ 9:07 pace..daffodils in full bloom. Good runs everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh gosh! No wonder I couldn't find today's thread!! Confused Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

I honestly thought that it was Thursday today....I'm losing it. Wink
          Peter -- it is Thursday. Big grin Ok, I'll double post: Nice long midweek run, Peter. I haven't seen any daffodils here yet. But I have seen wind and all the stuff it's blowing. I think a lot of us in the northeast are seeing the same. We have sustained winds at 25-30 mph and gusts to 50. I'm hoping our recycle pail stays put after they pick up the recycling. I'd skip this one but they only come every two weeks and the pail is almost full. Luckily today's plan had only a short recovery run: 3.1 miles, 28:32, 9:07/mi, AHR 132 (66% mhr) Good runs, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hill Runner

Peter -- it is Thursday. Big grin Ok, I'll double post: Nice long midweek run, Peter. I haven't seen any daffodils here yet. But I have seen wind and all the stuff it's blowing. I think a lot of us in the northeast are seeing the same. We have sustained winds at 25-30 mph and gusts to 50. I'm hoping our recycle pail stays put after they pick up the recycling. I'd skip this one but they only come every two weeks and the pail is almost full. Luckily today's plan had only a short recovery run: 3.1 miles, 28:32, 9:07/mi, AHR 132 (66% mhr) Good runs, all!
            ....Just shoot me....

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Renee the dog

....Just shoot me....
              Not when you're so good at comedy...not a chance! Big grin So, last night's 3 miler -- turned into 1.5 mi. Hip hurt, wind was high, lot of traffic (well for here) and I couldn't hear well with the wind from the East and South...both high. Everything felt wrong so I let Renee do her thing and went in. This morning, hip hurt, wind was high from the West and South today, but no traffic. I let Renee do her thing and went in. Found out that temp is the exact same as when I ran last night --54. I was dressed similarly... Amazing what daylight and no traffic can do for my mood. Today's run felt WONDERFUL, even though the dreaded West wind was up. I really felt unsafe last night not being able to hear the oncoming traffic in the dark early enough. Good runs to all today. Off to see my dentist and try to talk him into doing the Ocean Drive 10 Miler with me.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Good Morninging Masters ! Had a nice cool, breezy 5.8 miles last night. 8:33 pace, very enjoyable. Got a quick core and lower body workout in this morning followed up with an easy 3.2 on the treadmill. I'm planning on another 5 - 7 miles tonight. I've had our dog......err....my son's dog out for a few runs over the last week and half. There is now a new word we can not say in her presence, which was discovered when I informed my youngest DD I was going for run. It's just a matter of time before lacing up my shoes becomes the trigger. The weather was nice while it lasted.......more snow coming No
                  164.5. Now that's weird. My weight on the digital scale hasn't dipped below 165 in a very long time. Last January I topped out around 186 but it wasn't all fat. I was lifting a lot. All the running got me down to about 168 or so but I was still too flabby around the middle. I'm one of those guys - no body fat anywhere but right around the belly. Fully dressed I look ok. Take the shirt off and ew. And there I have been stuck. I haven't been able to run so I'm lifting and cycling and noticed my weight dropping. 167, 166.5, 166 and then yesterday, 164.5. Hmmpf. Whaddaya know? No complaints though. I'm lifting like a bodybuilder but not eating like one. I'll roll with it. Shin has improved the last 2 days. Still can't run on it but it doesn't hurt as much. I noticed while lifitng today that my legs felt fresher than they've ever felt. This could be good for me. I'll definitely run easier and be more conservative when I get back. Legs feel good right now. I started today with deadlifts. I LOVE deadlifts. Doing these makes me feel like an 18-yr-old. Ratty t-shirt, shorts and Chuck Taylors bent over an Olympic bar. Very primal. Big grin. I get some funny looks at the Y: who the hell wears Chuck Taylors to the gym? But they keep your feet flat when squatting or deadlifting. And I think I look cool. The younger "curl boys" don't know what to make of the old guy deadlifting. Wait until I add enough weight to require using chalk. That'll be a hoot. Good runs to everyone. I got a little wordy. Good mood I guess. Must be the elevated testosterone today Roll eyes

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I've had our dog......err....my son's dog out for a few runs over the last week and half. There is now a new word we can not say in her presence, which was discovered when I informed my youngest DD I was going for run. It's just a matter of time before lacing up my shoes becomes the trigger.
                    If Brinkley hears me turn on my Garmin - he goes nuts!! Big grin

~Mary

~unknown

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning everyone....heck, we could hope it was Friday Smile Nice run Peter...when did you start running hills all of a sudden Big grin I was going to run some miles last night, but there were some very serious storms moving through for an outside run....probably for the best to rest my foot one more day. Hey SLO_HAND, I signed up for a 1/2 Iron Man on July 11...so you will have a Tri Buddie here at RA too. I will have to admit, I will not take this race as serious as in the past, because my main focus will be training and running Marathons....but will still compete, that's my nature if I race anything. May even race a few sprint Tri's too, I wouldn't even have to seriously train for them...those are a blast. http://www.muncieendurathon.com/...this race is basically in my back yard, so to speak Cool In a hurry at work, so need to go for now. Hope everyone has a good Friday, um , Thursday....TGIF - TGIT Smile BTW Holly, I feel fine today...you? Oh yeah I wanted to mention something sorta funny. My boss asked me to be a Friend on Facebook, and is THAT not a catch 22 situation. If I don't except I would be snubbing him - If I do accept he could go...ah ha, messing around at work at Facebook sometimes huh.....actually, just think it is funny, and I did become his friend there. He seems to use it mostly for networking for our Company, more than anything....and he is such a great guy. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

EGH3 – what’s a Chuck Taylor? Tim – nope, still that low-grade crummy stuff, but nothing terrible. I just feel stuffy and low-energy. I need a nap and it’s only 9:20 am. Big grin The high winds were howling around my house all night, rattling windows and doors, so I was a little concerned about my run with CNYrunner this morning, but she and I managed not to blow away on our jaunt around the neighborhood. We kept it short, 3.2 miles, since she’s still coming back from injury, but we could have gone on for hours, catching up on each other’s lives and stories. I sure wish she lived closer, because she’s such a joy to know. I added another .8 mile on the TM to make an even 4 miles, then did some push-ups, weighted squats, and weighted duck squats. I have a cold (I habda code) right now, and am not feeling very peppy or energetic, but this is a good week to stepback a little, so that’s what I’m going to do.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning, been a busy stressful week. Clients are not behaving... sorry so out of touch. I did a nice 7 mile snowy rail trail run last weekend. Monday I ran 6.5 then swam at lunch, Tuesday uninspired elliptical ( 65min), yesterday 5 mile run and another lunch time swim. Nothing yet today; I was tired this morning. I will try to get on the elliptical later. Tomorrow afternoon is my first shot. I should try a longer run int he morning to give some fresh material... nice recovery Tim and CNY. Hoping to join your ranks soon.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Petre predicts Daffodils in bloom tomorrow. we'll see Smile Good fun run Holly and CNY! Does running on dead legs count as "dead lifts" 3 Magical healing Miles with Tory in 28:48 (9:36 pace). Nuthin special except a bunch of yappy dogs to amuse Tory.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Today was gym day and the rowing machine awaited. I rowed for 1/2 hour. Not knowing quite how to do a rowing workout, I made one up: 10 minutes easy warmup 1 minute hard followed by 1 minute easy 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy 3 mins hard, 3 mins easy 4 mins hard 4 mins cool down slow This was followed by 5 minutes of rubbery legs as I tried to learn how to walk again. Then 20 minutes of core exercises. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

perch, dead legs= dead-lifts in my books. great day again in bregerville!!!! peter.........daffodils..i have forgotten what they look like.....this has been a loonnng winter...pics please. 3 recovery miles at pre-dawn yoga to get rid of the tightness massage this afternoon life is good hey, taper boy...any pictures of your barefoot girlfriends you lured while in Japan???????? inquiring minds wondering....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard