Masters Running

Sun Aug 9 runs and whatevers :-) (Read 397 times)

Renee the dog

Hey folks -- just back from 11 mi -- first 3 with Renee.  Ran them better than I thought I would after yesterday's 5K.  After ditching Renee, I also ditched my top and ran topless for the remaining 8.  Just had to today. 

Looks like some great racing out there yesterday by all!

{{{Tim}}}

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

SteveP

Let me at that dog Amie!!! GRRR... Did you call local animal control? If this is a habit of the dog, then it should be adressed.

Erika, you rock

(((((Tim)))))

I'll be off for a bit. The Dr thinks I had a "Baker's Cyst" that ruptured. With the poison ivy that's been slow to heal, I've got an infection in the knee. .WTF.

SteveP

15.6 today, rolling and easy; miles 7.5-13 at 7:45 m/m, the rest a relaxed paced for a 8:56 average.

Sounds like many folks are having good runs this weekend (dog bites notwithstanding)....Is Tim on injured reserve again? Somebody cut the fellow a break!

Walt

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Gee.. nobody commenting on nono's topless run? 

2 Magical Healing Miles for Tory and Sadie.

Anybody know trhat Hulu has "Spirit of the Marathon"?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/85354/spirit-of-the-marathon

I watched it for the first time yesterday. I didn't realize it was all about preparing for the 2005 Chicago Marathon... I ran that one! I'll have to watch it agin more closely.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Nice runs yesterday.

16 @ 9:07 + 1 mile cool down for me.

Good and toasty today...just the way I like it.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Just catching up with the news here from the past couple of days.

(((Tim)))  - bummer, man!

Congrats on the nice races for Walt (1st OA!), Erika (1st AG), Buckeye (10K PR), and Nono (5K PR).
              Also nice runs for Amie (26.5 miles), Sue (20 miles), Leslie (15.25 trail miles) and Enkie (over 6 miles!).

Congrats to Craneium on your masters degree!

I've been busy with a big family reunion this weekend. At least it's in Denver, so we didn't have to travel this time.   All the aunts, uncles, cousins, and cousin's kids are in town, and my whole immediate family is here (mom, dad, siblings, nieces and nephews). My family is staying at a rental house close to my house in the mountains. Yesterday morning I took the dogs and ran over there for a visit  - turned out to be 3.8 miles. Then home again for a nice 7.6 miles total.  Then off to a party at my cousin's place in Denver for the afternoon.

This morning DH is taking DD and two of my nephews rock climbing, and I'm gonna head out for a run with the dogs. Then we're all going to a junior rodeo at the local fairgrounds, and maybe for a hike in the local state park.

I'm sorry I'm so late tallying up the July Masters miles - maybe I should have let Nono do it for me.    I'll finish it as soon as I can.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Good Morning all,

I'll chime in too Amie and say you should get the bite checked anyway. Good running and LONG! Lots of good runs here with and without clothing. It must be Sunday.

22.3 miles in 3:10:18 (8:33 pace)---first 10 @ 9:10 pace and then 10.9 @7:51 pace while listening to DJ Steve Boyett's Podrunner "Detonator" podcast (he tells you that it will sound like a giant Anime warship chasing you and to back off if your eyes start bleeding....alrighty then!)  Great beat at 179 bpm and kept me pumping. The last mile and change was a cruise back home at 9:00 pace (Al Jarreau now). It helped that it was overcast and 55º when I left. 

{{{{{SteveP}}}}}}}

{{{{{Tim}}}}}}

Hottest morning of the year 75F 90% H  at 8am

11 hilly miles w/DW at 10:05 pace  85F when finished & we're aren't used to that

I guess we are paying for the mild summer now

Get well Steve & Tim

Buckeye this photo is for you   http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/rhart829/Tresselandme.jpg?t=1249832332

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

runningsmarter boy you were way calmer and nicer about that dog bite than I would have been.  I start yelling at owners if their dogs simply start after me.

biketm I hope it is not as bad as you think.

CNYrunner impressive run as always.

wildchild its sounds like a really big reunion I hope you have a good time!  Me I have a family reunion every day!  Basically, my entire blood family is me.  I have a couple of brothers.  One I never see and never want to see again!  The other and I are just not close.  Other than that I have no idea who I might be related to or where they live.  My DW on the other hand . . . oh boy!  She has a big family!

Writing about DW yesterday she did the local 5.85 mile race.  We have been through this. Yes the distance is odd.  No, I do not know why they did not set it up to be a 10k course.  Anyway, she finished in a 9:17 pace, which is quite an achievement for her.  One good sign is this race moved her up in the ranks quite a bit.  In the prior races she was in the top 80% this time about the top 60% of her AG.  Next week is a 7.4 mile race and if she runs it, and she plans to, it will be the longest race she has ever run.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Nono,  I gather you mean you ran with just a sports bra top.  Otherwise I am going into cardiac arrest here soon.

Craneium, congratulations.  You worked hard for this.

CNY, you rock!

Amie, get the dog and the bite checked out, seriously.

Sorry for that diagnosis SteveP.

Hang in there Tim.

Entered a 15K race today just to try to get some work in.  6:30 start because of the heat, which is a great idea.  Goal was 9 min/miles and I ended up running it at 8:58 pace but I am very happy with the effort as the final 4 miles were very tough.  I stopped at all six water stations (no Gatorade) for anywhere from 15 to 45 seconds, drank two cups of water and poured another on my head.  Only disappointment is how stupidly i ran this race, with paces all over the place, but it's like being a new racer and I am still feeling my way along and learning stuff. 

Flying out to Indianapolis in an hour or so, or I may go to the Jersey shore to watch Nono run.  Spareribs

After ditching Renee, I also ditched my top and ran topless for the remaining 8.  

This thread is worthless without pictures. Smile

CNY, I was happy at my run, but then I saw yours -- wow!

We ran on the C&O Canal tow path, nice and shady on this hot, hot, day.

Here are my stats.  I think the start was slightly uphill, and it was out and back -- about 15 sec/mi faster on the way back than on the way out.

20.2 miles, 3:05:39, 9:11/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

16 miles in 2:52:43, 10:48 pace.  It's a good thing it was shaded and flat, because it was getting awfully hot out there. I got about 2.5 hours into a new audio book from the library "The School on Heart's Content Road".

We went to Bob Evans for breakfast/lunch.  Two pancakes and 2 sausages later, I was wiped out.  Just got up from a little nap.

I've been watching Spirit of the Marathon with Dear Old Dad.  It's given him a better idea of what I do.

We recently watched a similar documentary of the Chicago-Mackinac (Sailboat) Race, which gave me a better idea of what he used to do.  This race is the longest and oldest freshwater sailboat race in the world, and he sailed it many times, winning first, second and third in class.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

no wonder they needed mules.. to pull those barges uphiil   My guess is your legs warmed up and it felt easier.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wildchild - that's a whole lot of life goin' for your sister posie to match but bet she can..

nono - {{{renee}}}

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

hi Smile

(((SteveP)))  

(((Tim)))  (but I don't know why... better finish yesterday's daily)

Erika, sorry you had a hard 1/2.  still did wonderfully well. 

wtg on your pr Nono!   (way to wake up the daily today after yesterday's slumber)

I want to catch up more but have to paint the bathroom.   am putting it off.

I did my first 14 miler today.  74F 9?% H to start.  85F to finish, humidity unknown but  yucky. we had thunderstorms early morning so I started late, the paths were nice & steamy.   whining?   me????  Byll you are my hero.  (& perch. & tramps & SR. & I forget who else runs in this delightful weather all the time).   I hope I can blame part of this on not being acclimated, this was the first hot day.   Anyway.   10:02 av. pace, 8:50 max.  168 ahr, 181 max.  After a certain point I stopped 157 million times... just for a few seconds but nevertheless.   well, I also stopped & sat in my car with max ac blowing on me for a couple of minutes.  felt sick & like i was going to pass out but that is just the way I like it.   So.... the pace doesn't count, but at least it reflects my running pace.   Miles were 10:41, 9:53, 9:32, 9:31, 9:39, 9:43, 10:05, 10:02, 10:09, 10:01, 10:02, 10:15, 10:38, 10:13.  Just finishing was a victory.   the pace at the end was 9:22, so I hope if I can get used to this that the distance won't be a problem.

enough procastinating.  I'm painting again (talking heads Wink )