Masters Running

Race Reports for March 30 and 31, 2019 (Read 10 times)

Mariposai

Spring is here, which means that many of our racing warriors will be out the racing.

From the Masters intrepid list:

03/30 Joe618 - Carmel Half Marathon, Carmel IN

03/30 Tetsujin - Redmond Watershed 12hr (Seattle/trail thongs)

03/31 pfriese - A2A Half Marathon, Ardmore OK

Wishing all racers good luck. Have fun and then please come back to tell us all about it!!

Go racers go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Really missed spacityrunner (Liz) not being able to come to the A2A race this morning. This race is in the hometown of former coolrunner wa5com (Tim). I also never saw Tim. I saw on FB that he was busy with race setup this morning before the race. So, I did not see him at the bus staging area. And I had to head back home immediately after the race. So, I did not see him after his marathon finish.

It was perfect weather for the final running of this race. A bit chilly at the start but with the tailwind for 99% of the course and having a nice downhill start, I warmed up pretty quick.I behaved on the downhill as best as I could & actually picked up my pace in the flat mid-section. A slight uphill at the end and I finished the half marathon with a 1:54:01. Good enough for 3AG. A good day at the races.

Paul

Excellent!  As we've discussed, it's a little weird when you get a tailwind that direction this time of year.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me