Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 05/31/09 (Read 317 times)

Okay, I promise to get the totals done this week!

Erika - 15.5 miles running (yay!) + 10.7 miles on the Elliptical (92 minutes) + 30 mins. pool running + 3.1 miles walking + lots of yard work

EGH3 - 13 runnings miles + lots of strength training + 8-9 hours XT w/yard work

Nono - 16 mi running, 20 min slide boarding, 50 min yoga, 55 min "other" (stretching/strength)

Evryday - 27 running miles

dg - 25.2 miles running + 50 min. on the elliptical + 2 hrs. 35 min. assorted strength training + lots of walking

fatozzig - 1.75 hours stationary cycling + 2 hours core/strength + yard work

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OK, I promise to run more and make fewer excuses this week.  

MONDAY - carpy 2.5-mile run & 1-mile walk on the boardwalk; lovely 45-minute paddle to the marsh that's come alive with nesting birds over the past 2 weeks

TUESDAY - my mojo is officially gone;  dragged my sorry butt through 2 miles running and 1 mile walking; good news is that I ran 2 days in a row and I'm done with the unhealthy eating, so maybe my mojo will return soon

WEDNESDAY - PT today - it's almost a miracle how much better I feel after he presses on my calf for a few minutes; ran 3, walked 1

THURSDAY - stretching and more stretching

FRIDAY - PT and more stretching

SATURDAY - gardening and more stretching (I'm starting to feel like Gumby)

SUNDAY - ran 3.8; walked 1.0 stretched some more

Ran four times and mileage is slowly creeping back up:  ran 11.3; walked 1.0; stretched a lot 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mon - 3 miles running

Tues - 5 miles w/5 hill repeats

Wed - 30 min stationary cycling; 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - 6 hilly miles, done in 1:00:01

Fri - 1 hr core/strength

Sat - 16 trail miles

Sun - 7.5 trail miles

Totals:

34.5 running

30 min stationary bike

2 hrs. core/strength

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg - You had asked what my "new" problem is.  Ankle.  The doc thinks it's os trigonum syndrome (http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/footanklesurgery/g/ostrigonum.htm).  He gave me a cortisone shot in the ankle to try and alleviate the inflammation and ordered or running for a week. Said if the cortisone didn't work he'd probably refer me to somewhat to discuss having the bone shaved down.  Started back running yesterday, and I can it's still going to be an issue.  However, unless it's causing some kind of damage, I am inclined to not do anything right now - at least not until after my run in July.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie!

Will be fun to see what this week brings. After running three days last week (Wed/Fri/Sun), I did a back-to-back and ran on Monday. Everything seems to have survived that. Still thinking about this week's plans.

Monday: 4 miles of hills, .3 mile walk c/d, 5 hours of yard/garden work (prolly walked another couple miles, too!)

Tuesday: 20 min. (2.36 miles) elliptical, .2 mile walk, 20 minutes strength/core/stretch; 3.1 miles with DH in the evening (11:13 avg pace recovery run), walk c/d (not measured)

Wednesday: 7.5 miles (8:40 avg pace), .25 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 30 min. (3.6 miles) elliptical, .5 mile walk, 30 minutes upper body weights

Friday: 5.3 miles, .35 mile walks

Saturday: 8.6 miles @ 8:41 on hills, then 3.25 miles with DH at his pace in the evening, .65 mile walk

Sunday: 12 miles at 8:49 avg pace, .8 mile walk c/d

Totals: 43.7 miles run, 2.8 miles walking, 6 miles on the Elliptical (50 minutes) and 2 x weight training (50 minutes)

Deb, I'm feeling much better. My back will be what it is, but I'm learning to deal with/manage it. Easing back into running and will be starting to build mileage soon (see the PT on Thursday and she's sure she'll "release" me then). My biggest problem now is sitting at work...

dg.

Thanks Leslie!      that ankle thing doesn't sound like any fun at all.   how long have you had problems with it?

Erika how is your back?

I'll try to keep up this week.  still want to type out the plan, may do that later.  //// there's always hope.

Monday:    rest.   didn' t mean to just rest, but I did.   well, gardening too.  lots of gardening.

Tuesday:  4.02 miles, 9:59 pace.  hurting parts again, so I stopped.  at 2.63.  walked across the bridge, patting myself on the back for being so disciplined.  what a good girl.   and then i couldn't stand it. walked back across the bridge & got at least to 4.  plan was for 5.

Wed:         50:03 on the elliptical, 45 min + 15 min. assorted strength trarining.  in my log I'm sure it says what I did , but I'm not looking now.  btw, if anyone is bored to tears my password is ellipse.  think that gets you into my log.  

thurs:      5:05 miles easy  by the river, 10:06 av. pace.on

Fri:           5:02 on a new route, hilly, in my neighborhood. 10:08 pace.  think I'll do this once a week in place of one of the hill repeat workouts. & 20 min. of strength training.

Sat.:         5:02 by the river with the geese, 10:02 pace. went to the gym afterward but I just didn't have it in me to do much.  I think I cooled down too much first... does that make sense?  I used to go there after much higher mileage than that.  ;.   

Sun:     8:05 miles again by the river with fowl friends, tripped again.  9:57 pace.  pita, left ankle & right groin & right knee all hurt, the ankle & groin caught me by surprise. don't know where that came from.  pita was actually pretty good till I fell!   I will take a day or 2 off I think & be much better.

Dutchie... I vote for birkenstocks. 

Leslie...do you really think what's going on now has nothing to do with what happened 11 yrs ago?

Erika.. I'm glad you're doing much better.  You've already got me topped again but that doesn't take much!  I've been meaning to send you some assorted back info, probably won't help but who knows.   Managing is the main thing, I guess.  Sitting is the worst for me too! 

totals... 27.2 running miles, mystery # of walking miles, 2 hrs. assorted strength training, 50 min. ellipticalling. 

Thanks Leslie....

Monday................3miles.....3miles with the mrs.

Tuesday..............6miles.....6miles with the mrs.
                Wednesday........6miles.....no run
                Thursday............rest...........no run
                Friday..................6miles.....no run
                Saturday.............rest..........6miles
                Sunday...............9miles....3miles

Total ....18 miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Monday: 25 min yoga, 10 min foam roller & thighmaster, 10 min stretches

Tues: 3 mi run, 5 min slide boarding

Wed: 4 mi run

Thurs: 20 min slide boarding

Fri:4 mi run

Sat: 4.5 mi run, 3.5 min ocean swimming

Sun: 3.5 mi run

Totals: 19 mi running, 25 min slideboarding, 25 min yoga, 20 min misc. strength/stretch, 3.5 min ocean swimming (wuss that I am)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg - I tore my ankle up about 11 years ago.  Missed a step going into my garage and it bent inward, tearing all the ligaments.  After about a week, it was a lovely shade of black and blue from about halfway up my calf down through my foot - solid.  It literally took, 9-10 years to heal.  However, the doc told me that has nothing to do with what's going on now, and says that he's quite pleased with how stable my ankle feels compared to most people.  Chalk it up to all the running, I say, 'cause, until this thing now, it's felt great over the last year and a half or so.  I've even quit wearing my custom orthotics when running.  I only wear them in my walking shoes now because I'm too lazy and cheap to buy regular insoles for them, and the original insoles are long gone.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, I haven't been running since Saturday. Truth be told, I'm practising walking on high heels  for over a week now. I have this big company do tomorrow night. Dress code is black tie. This means I have to wear a long dress and with it, so I've been told by many women, go high heels. Now I haven't worn high heels in 19 odd years or so. Do you have any idea what it does to my knees???? And back?? After tomorrow I don't have to wear them again so depending on how my knees are, I probably be running again by Sunday. Probably do a short run to see how my knees respond. And hopefully do my long run on Monday.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

Dutchie,

Oh yeah, heels are a disaster for women's joints!  Good luck!

BTW, I love your screen name. It always makes me smile, as "Dutchie" was what some folks called my Mom.  (Her last name gives her up as sort-of Dutch).

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Dutchie - If the dress is floor length, I'd go for kitten heels instead of high heels.  I have a beautiful pair of red patent leather high heels that I rarely wear anymore because it just hurts the knees and back too bad.  I wear them if I know I'll be doing a lot of sitting.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

I survived the black tie event on Friday. The balls of my feet felt really bruised on Saturday and especially my R-knee was painful. I avoided walking as much as I could.

Leslie: the dress was floor lenght when I was wearing those high heels. Next time, I'll just bring the dress to a seamstress (sp?) and have it shortened! What are kitten heels (sorry, English is not my first language)? Are they shorter?

Today I went out for a run wit Spooky for the first time in a week. I managed 7K. Knees are tender, but no longer painful.

Guess totals for this week are:

Weekly mileage: 7K

UB: 1x

Abs: 4x

Dancing: 4.5 hours in high heels (does it count double for wearing the heels?)

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Abs: 4x
                              I survived the black tie event on Friday. The balls of my feet felt really bruised on Saturday and especially my R-knee was painful. I avoided walking as much as I could.

Leslie: the dress was floor lenght when I was wearing those high heels. Next time, I'll just bring the dress to a seamstress (sp?) and have it shortened! What are kitten heels (sorry, English is not my first language)? Are they shorter?

Yes, they are shorter.  MUCH more comfortable.  And yes, I think you get bonus points for dancing in high heels!

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

I won't/can't really wear high heels anymore because of my metatarsal problem. God knows the heels are part of what got me into trouble in the first place! Now I wear nothing over 2". Kitten heels are good. Glad Dutchie survived the night and yes, next time get the dress shortened rather than trying to lengthen the legs!!