Masters Running

Friday Dailies Aug 25 to end August Fridays (Read 31 times)

I'll get us going.   2.6 miles just to get outside in the fresh air.  Better weather.   Hoping Texas doesn't have too much destruction from the approaching storm.

1.2 on the treadmill after work  so 3.8 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, RunnerKSA.

Twocat, I'll be thinking of you, and hope that all goes well and the drugs/frogs do their job.

7.3 RW miles on a tour de cul-de-sac (7 of them) this morning in nice 59° temps. We're leaving for NY in a few, and hope to be back by tomorrow night - talk about a whirlwind trip!

Have a greta Friday, and good luck and big grins to all who are racing this weekend.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

2cat—hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Starr—there’s something to be said for deep roots.  My parents built their home a block from where they grew up…just around the corner from each other.  My sister lives in that house now and my brother is next door.  That’s three generations and nearly a century in a half-mile radius!

I was going to post a pic from Wed’s ride but Photobucket now requires a paid subscription for 3rd party posting.  That isn’t gonna happen.  Do you use a free site that you like?  I’ll need to find an alternative.

Rained all night but stopped in time to ride.  22 miles today in cool but very humid weather.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

We're in the NY Hamptons at BIL's until Monday am. Beautiful cool dry air. They put in central AC last year after many years coping with the H&H but no need for it this weekend. We brought our bikes and went for a short bike ride yesterday. This morning I headed out for a 3 mile run but got a bit lost, so I end d up with 4- Marj biked out to make sure I didn't go further astray🚶

Dave59

Hang in there Twocat.  Hope you'll be eating and running again soon.

I ran an easy 3.16 miles this morning.  It was almost 20° cooler than my last run on Wednesday and it sure felt good.  Yesterday it was cool too but I wasted it by driving into the office.  I did stop at the gym to workout on the way home.

I thought I might be ready for a 5k in a couple weeks so I started looking at the racing calendar on-line.  I picked a race on September 9th that sounds kind of fun: 5th Annual Memorial Bell Tower 5k.  

"This closed course event will take place on portions of the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health and will start and finish next to the Memorial Bell Tower.  Participants should expect mild inclines and declines with panoramic views of the City of Huntington, the Marshall Memorial, the Healing Field, and the Memorial Bell Tower." 

While I was doing that I noticed a Cupcake Chase 5k taking place tomorrow and without my full consent, I signed up for that too, so I guess I will be running a 5k tomorrow.  That is just how life goes when there is more than one person sharing the same brain.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 easy.

And a spray ground party tonight with the kids

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein

While I was doing that I noticed a Cupcake Chase 5k taking place tomorrow and without my full consent, I signed up for that too, so I guess I will be running a 5k tomorrow.  That is just how life goes when there is more than one person sharing the same brain.

Dave, you just crack me up. I hope you enjoy that 5k tomorrow, even though you didn't fully consent to doing it. 

{{Twocat}} hang in there, and I hope it goes ok, frogs and all.

Photobucket doesn't do 3rd party posting anymore? Geez, that site has just gone downhill since all the ads started overtaking it a few years ago. Posting to RA is the only reason I use Photobucket!

Enjoy NY, Jay! That's a quick trip, but at least you don't have to travel far to get there.

Here's my trail run from yesterday, the first 7 miles of the Equinox course (but I start at my office, not the bottom of the ski hill so miss that first climb), then the last 3+ back on the multi-use trail/bike path which is relatively flat. https://www.relive.cc/view/g13788276063

Taking the day off work today. I don't know what it is, but my attitude at work has been less than upbeat lately, and I really need to take a break. So much to do, and missing a few deadlines but I told folks it was just going to have to be that way. The world won't end. I'll run an easy 3 or so later, as I feel a need for a light running day, too.

Might do the Musk Ox Trail Run tomorrow, which is about 13 miles on the hilly rooty trails north of campus, starting and ending at the Large Animals Research Station, or LARS, also called the "Musk Ox Farm," hence the name of the run. Holly was there a few years ago, the Equinox course runs right by it. It's a good training run for Equinox but last time I did it I fell three times so this year will be done as a training run, not a race. It might be this weekend's long run.

Good luck with it, Twocat.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

{{Twocat}} hang in there, and I hope it goes ok, frogs and all.

+1  Mostly I hope they are able to help keep the pain down, because boy that sounds painful.

4.1 miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thinking of, you 2Kitty and hoping they keep you drugged up enough to keep the pain mostly at bay.  Like Holly said, boy does that sound painful.

Dave -   Are you actually chasing cupcakes??

Image result for chasing cupcakes

Didn't win the 60 bucks last night, or the 30 or the 20, nor did I come in last and get my 10 bucks back.  Dang it!

The Hub called me this morning.  He's still on vacay in OR visiting family and friends.  He is having such a great time!  Went to an outdoor concert last night with a few high school buddies who are all recovering alcoholics and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.  He sounds like he's getting the proverbial 'spring in his step' back.  I'm going to encourage him to go up and visit more often.  He can get into a rut of "we can't afford . . . blah, blah, blah . . ." but it costs little to go up (just gas) and stay at a friend's house and just enjoy life.  *sigh* He can be a knucklehead sometimes, but he's my knucklehead.  

Okay - Gotta get back to the grindstone.  I brought in chocolate reserves today (candy that didn't get eaten last night).  For some reason, this round of stress is making me want chocolate. *sigh* At a time when I can't exercise like I want, I need candy like I need a hole in the head.

Okay - Now I'm really outta here. Cheers! 

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - I agree about the Hub - glad he is having a good time.  And as for work and chocolate, I have a drawer in my desk at work where I keep a stash of Medicinal Chocolate for those especially stressful days.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Good afternoon all.

I pushed my weekly long run out from 6.5 miles (last week, around the track at night) to 7 miles (nice running conditions along the Hudson River at lunchtime this afternoon).  Now I just want to sleep.  But we're (literally) window shopping later this evening and then taking a walk at a local park with our corgis.  We're having truly beautiful weather up here in Albany - not warm enough for swimming, probably but beautiful end of summer weather nonetheless.

Good running and walking all.

Brian

Tramps

Photobucket doesn't do 3rd party posting anymore? Geez, that site has just gone downhill since all the ads started overtaking it a few years ago. Posting to RA is the only reason I use Photobucket!

Nope.

Me too; that's why I'm looking elsewhere.  Some ideas linked to that first article but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Be safe. Be kind.

Just letting the gang know that I am still alive. That is the only positive thing I will say about my current condition. Thank you everyone for your good wishes.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Healing vibes to you, TwoCat! And hopes for a speedy recovery.

Erika, what goes into a stuffed zucchini? Wouldn't think one of those would be stuffable, but maybe a way for us to do something new with our surplus.

Dave, will you be eating a cupcake per mile or per kilometer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sunny and cool again today, so I went out after lunch for a 17-mile ride, but my legs felt a bit fatigued. When I checked my log I saw that I've done something active for five days in a row, and that's getting to be harder to keep up these days. But then I hate to take rest days on the weekend...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"