Masters Running

Sundaily, 6.10.18 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday's workouts & races:

Henrun (2 cool morning miles, faster than usual, meeting Marj at 1 mile)

Tramps (5 mile in warmer, humid weather)

Tomwhite (40 min pool run with letters)

Quickadder (14.3 early, sunny, warm miles with the Saturday morning group, incl. 8 with a running club pres.)

RunnerKSA (7.1 tough morning path miles)

Dave59 (2.55 round-the-park morning miles)

Stumpy (3.1 lake loop miles in 71° with bubblers on)

Holly (14.5 miles)

Wildchild (Colorado Masters 5 Mile Trail race - 1st in AG)

Falconfixcer (52+ mile group bike ride to ice cream + 2 EZ run miles)

Mike (marathon in Blue Ride Mts - 3:24:05 - 1st in AG)

Fatozzig (12 miles at the Headwaters with trekking poles

Congrats to Wildchild and Mike on their respective AG wins - great racing!

I'm glad Henrun's Achilles is behaving, and am sorry that Surly Bill's isn't.

Your DD has a good heart, Stumpy.

Are your DD's earnings from her job typical, Holly, or has she found a new path to success with the way she's 'selling subscriptions'?

Congrats on the two commands, Falconfixer!

Nice that the trekkng poles made a positive difference, Fatozzig.

My 10K yesterday was interesting. I never looked at my mile splits, and perhaps I should have. Once we settled in, I was sort of in a group of runners, and I was passing some and chasing others during the course of the race. I tried for negative splits, but missed, mostly because I had no idea of where I was, pace-wise. My time was about a minute faster than I did this race last year, two minutes slower than two years ago, and about 30 sec. slower than 3 years ago. My time was 1:08:40. I know if I had checked my splits that I would have done better, but it was the race I walked, so I can't complain. Besides, it was still good enough for 1st walker and 4th AG overall.

I'm on my way to Framingham, MA to work at a National racewalking 5K. I don't know what my job is yet, but it'll be fun. I expect to see quite a few racewalkers with times in the 20s. I think Robin and her son will be there, and I'm looking forward to seeing them. The only downside is that I have to leave early enough that I couldn't get a workout in this morning. Maybe later...

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Are your DD's earnings from her job typical, Holly, or has she found a new path to success with the way she's 'selling subscriptions'?

I don't know, I will have to ask her.  I do know that my DS said he knew a boy who said he made $50,000 in a year doing this.

Great racing yesterday for Carolyn, Mike and Jay - well done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Hey all.

Nice racing Mike, Carolyn and Jay.

Have fun working that race Jay.

Went out this morning with some friends and got caught in a pretty solid thunderstorm. So we picked up the pace and I picked up a tweaked calf with 1/2 mile to go before the end of the run. Hope it's not too serious as I'm trying to race at the end of the month for a BQ. Being an older runner has its ups and downs.

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

C-R - hopefully a little massage and rest and the calf twinge will dissipate.  Your thunderstorm is on the way here.

10 miles for me today with temps in the low 70's.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

We sent the storm  your way, Norm. I couldn't get the big dog to go out this morning- he's terrified of thunder.  Fortunately, it passed through fairly quickly.  I have 3 running friends with calf issues from this weekend- yes, getting older has its issues.  I hope yours resolves quickly.

Got out in horrible humidity after the rain stopped for 3.2 miles.  I am going back to Game 3 of the Super Regional tonight since Vandy pulled out game 2 last night (I wasn't there) after midnight with a walk off home run.  Tonight is for all the marbles- well, at least the marbles that get you to Omaha World Series.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...Easy does it CR......

===========

65-min bicycle on hills

.........Cycling Question-

it was

sprinkling on me,

if I WD-40

everything but the handlebars and the seat

will the bike be OK in Rain??

...........ps......I already found out about Lightning and Rubber Tires on my own.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Things are good here. I ran 4.1 this morning on a rolling hills route when it was warm and humid, and it felt good!? What's up with that? Especially since my runs the last few days have been junk.

I did a 6 minute core workout first. Is that why it felt good or is it just my biorythms on an up swing?

Amazon is running some father's day specials. Their 10 inch Fire tablet is only $119. I couldn't pass it up so it'll be here Tuesday. I use the 8" Fire tablet now. The 10" is not only larger, but uses a faster processor.

Quickadder

Great racing by the masters this weekend. Looks as though Mike will be joining my AG shortly, so we shall all have to move down a step on the podium.

7.5 trail miles this morning. Started out the usual hot & humid, but an isolated thunderstorm hit around mile 3 and hung around for the rest of the run. I estimate that there was 1.5 to 2 inches of rain in about an hour - there was standing water on the trails, ankle deep in places. Five miles away, at home, there had not been a drop of rain.

I was running in new shoes today, having ripped the sole off one of my Magellan Backcountry shoes on a tree root last week. Gave the New Balance Nitrels quite a christening!

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...Easy does it CR......

===========

65-min bicycle on hills

.........Cycling Question-

it was

sprinkling on me,

if I WD-40

everything but the handlebars and the seat

will the bike be OK in Rain??

...........ps......I already found out about Lightning and Rubber Tires on my own.......

yeah, it will.  But a lot more entertaining if you were to spray the WHOLE bike.

4.01 miles with an extra little loop to get a number other than a "3".  A little slow, but not too bad on temperature

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TrueDat  stumpy

==============

..........30-min on elliptical

also

tried the ''Precor 835''  it was VERY awkward, has anyone used this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUd2aE-q5l

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Stranger and stranger.

Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night because my achilles was so painful to the touch that sleeping toes-up with achilles touching the bed jolted me awake. In the morning It was about as painful and my limp as pronounced as it was after my failed 3k attempt in May.

This morning the pain was all but gone, I considered going running this afternoon but passed.

One thing I did that must have helped was two icing sessions, and a couple of ibuprofen. 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

WD-40 fixes EVERYTHING. 

We're guessing around $3,000 in the jug.  The Hub has all the receipts from the deposits, so he knows the total at this point.  I haven't kept track and will ask him at the end.

We're having to roll the coin ourselves.  Neither our bank nor the credit union have machines, and I don't think they would have accepted that much change anyway.  Interesting difference between the two - the bank doesn't want our account number on the rollers because they had the change out (that's where I took the change I rolled from my dad).  The credit union does.  The first batch I took in, thankfully it wasn't busy 'cause I and the teller stood there for about 10 min writing the account number on all the rolled coin. 

KSA - We're watching and rooting for the Beavers.

Rest day today for me.  We went out to the spit in Loleta.  When we got to the top, we and about 60 bikers watched a guy parachute (?) off the headland and glide his down to the bottom.  The sound from the top travels really well down to the beach, so we all cheered him when he landed. 

Okay - I gotta go do The Hub's invoices.  Later ~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - I don't know if I mentioned it, but when the guy from Hoarders was talking at the seminar I went to in March, he said at one house they found an oil drum filled with pennies at an estate they were clearing out.  The son said to just pitch them, but the Hoarders crew took them to one of those industrial coin machines and it turned out to be about $18,000.

Just about finished painting DS's old room/DD's room-to-be - did the trim today.  She chose grey for the walls, and with the white trim and her black furniture, it looks pretty good.  She plans on some bright pillows for her bed to finish it off.

Leslie - I don't know if I mentioned it, but when the guy from Hoarders was talking at the seminar I went to in March, he said at one house they found an oil drum filled with pennies at an estate they were clearing out.  The son said to just pitch them, but the Hoarders crew took them to one of those industrial coin machines and it turned out to be about $18,000.

Wow!!  Wonder who got to keep the money . . . .

When it came to all the pennies we found, we took them to a machine at the grocery store, which kept 10%.  I was fine with that.

Last summer when I was visiting my buddy, she walked right by a few pennies that were laying on the ground.  I stopped and picked them up and said something about finding them.  Her comment: "Yeah, I saw them."  And my thought was, "And you didn't pick them up???"  I pick up all change I see, even if it's "just" pennies.  The Hub and I joke that it's part of our retirement plan, but hey, money is money and I'm not proud.

Done with The Hub's invoice.  . . . . Now I'm trying to convince myself I don't need popcorn with butter, brown sugar, and brewers yeast . . . .

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run for me, today.  I think I'll follow the Hanson's Plan and take a couple of weeks off.  I, definitely, have some issues that could use some rest.

I went to another dance recital, today.  We sat in the balcony...which meant there were stairs to climb...I didn't do well.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!