Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 10.25.12 (Read 351 times)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Me and Noah and Dad have a race too Jay!! Everyone is going to be dressed like monsters. Dad wants to be a monster Batman and he put peroxide and vinegar and baking soda in his mouth to look like he has rabies. He does all of his own stunts. Noah laughed and said, "Do it again Grampy! Do it again!". Mom didn't let him,

Are melancholies any this like cantaloupes? 

I would go down to PT and bark.

Hooray!! Snow!!! I can stick my face in it and eat it like ice cream!!!

Boy Laslie, you sound like Dad!! "Thank goodness I have a job"..Then he says bad words and Mom hollers on him. She is very good at that. Poor Mom.

Mom got out of work and me hand her went and got Honey and her mom. Dad says Rachel is my sister and Honey is my niece..But I like Rachel and not Honey so muc. Rachey gives me treats and Honey tries to have them too. We went out on my best trail and went run run run! There are lots of very dry leaves and they are so much fun to play and roll in! Dad got home when it was still sun shine out and me and him and Honey got to go run run run!!! It's nice that it is going to be cold some more. Dad will wear a shirt then. His belly goes up and down when he tries to go fast and when he wears small pants, the inside of his legs rub and smells like burned bacon. I had lots and lots of fun chasing nothing all over the place. Honey "Listens like a kid" and has to be on a leash all of the time. Then we went home and Dad is making a cake because Noah will be over in the morning and Dad won't have time to help him make monster pancakes. He let me and Honey like the parts that mixes the cake up. When I lick the "beater" it's fun. When Honey licks it, I want Dad to turn the misxer back on.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

No snow here but cooler and more like fall so a sproinky run!  A little over 5 miles easy with 6 strides at the end.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Hi, Tag!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey tag.  don't tell Mr. BatBelly that I asked but does it go up-and-down too after dinner when he takes a nap on the couch so you and Noah can ride on it up-and-down?

ps - however, maybe better not tell Mom that you lick the egg beater.

pps - tell leslie maybe better not say TMI to mikeE anymore, if ever. Smile

we love 'em both.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Took a quick trip to Dillingham checking it out for next year's double-up with Erika at Tony's Run...

Okay, actually I was there for a meeting for work. But still. I didn't take any running stuff, sat in meetings for two days solid, and feel a little out of whack at present. Tomorrow is lifeguard training so it looks like I'll be getting my exercise in the pool the next couple days.

As far as the trip, it looks like winter is starting out there...

Sun getting low over the Nushagak River on the way to PADL.

View upriver over the Nushagak.

On the way home today, pancake ice was floating down the river. 

Our only snow came in a bit of a blizzard...wonder which way the wind was blowing?

Erika asked about how I manage to take photos while flying. When I first started, I didn't think I would ever be able to do something like that. But taking off and landing are the very high workload phases of flight. In cruise flight, if the air is relatively smooth, most flying is done hands-off through setting the airplane and monitoring its direction, and most pilot attention is in scanning outside for airplane traffic and gauges inside to ensure that the airplane is as happy as it should be. In that phase, it is pretty straightforward to take a few photos. I don't take very many, and only when I have made a plan and am only diverting my attention briefly. 

There are some people I know that take photos while in maneuvering flight. I don't fly with them. You shouldn't either.

Marathon Maniac #957

...Rosie//........sometimes things happen for a reason,

it's quite possible

you ARE being led,,,,,,,,this may turn out better than you suspect

I hope so, too!

5 miles for me on Thursday on the last lovely day of warmth before the blustery cooler weather comes.  I have loved this week of warmth, but I know it is time for it to end.....

(vent on )

I just found out, now, in October, that my father has basically been not speaking to me this year because I invited my brother to his (dad's) tree-trimming party last December.  I thought it was a family gathering.  Who knew that dad was not speaking to that brother at the time?  (Even my brother was unaware of it.)  So now I (or my own family) will no longer be invited to dad's house.  Probably ever.  My dad is that kind of vindictive.  He has now alienated or cut off everyone except my youngest brother and his family (the platinum child, they call him, openly).  (sigh)  How can I teach my children good family values when mine is such a poor example?  Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

{{{Holly}}}   I think you're setting a great example for your kids.  And your dad is setting a perfect example of how NOT to do it, which your kids will learn from too.   I feel sad for your dad - because of his issues, he's missing spending time with you and your wonderful family.  I hope you and your brothers can do a tree-trimming party of your own.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Holly - YOUR family values are what you are teaching your children.  By loving your extended family, inviting them to functions, etc  If your dad chooses not to participate, he is the one losing out.  YOU are showing your children what it means to be a family, be a good person.  I'm sorry for what your dad is doing, but this is a lesson to your children in how NOT to behave.  It's very obvious by your posts, Holly, that you are teaching your children to be good human beings, and they will see that your dad's actions wrong.  {{{HUGS}}}

Beautiful pictures, Troy.  Thank you for sharing so many with us.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance