Masters Running

Keep our beaches beautiful - Weight loss thread (Read 465 times)

SteveP

Keep your fingers crossed...DW and I are going on a week end get a way...

"Put down the fork...

Step away from the fork."

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

I haven't weighed myself since May 28 and haven't run since June 7.  Tomorrow i will, gulp, weigh myself.

Not at it at all. 

....same here

..I don't weigh til next month,,,,,

,,,,,,depending on which pants I pick,

I either have lost weight

or

have become Completely Delusional.

....which works for me.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

#artbydmcbride

Kayak race coming up in 3 weeks.

translation:  I have 3 weeks to get bathing suit-ready.   <gulp>

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...and you might want your kayak to float  higher on the water. 

No weigh while on the road, but am trying not to go overboard on expense account eating.  It may even mean that I skip the manditory trip to 5 Guys.  .  I've been hovering around the 185 mark and I'd like to be carrying no more than that on Sat.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrpat

168 and holding, I am OK with that but would prefer to lose but I can put up with a small plateau.

Prince of Fatness

I haven't weighed myself since May 28 and haven't run since June 7.  Tomorrow i will, gulp, weigh myself.

Well it is what it is.  178, up 5.5 from 4 weeks ago.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Bummer, Tater Guy, but I know that with no running, it's almost impossible not to gain some....

Still holding steady this week.  Hoping our weekend at Put-in-Bay won't do too much damage.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I have no idea.  I didn't weight before I left, and there's no scale here at the condo in Squaw Valley.  Although they are weighing the racers today, so maybe I could sneak on a scale? . . . . . . . . . nah!  I'll deal with it later.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

I love your avatar, fattozig!  Big grin

Runners run

165.8 lbs at my official weigh-in this am. We'll see how these weekly weigh-ins work out. but i have noticed some slight moob reduction since getitng down from 183.

Tater, the injury thing sucks. What can you do that doesn't hurt? Any weightlifting allowed? elliptical (I know, it sucks)? God, anything but giving up beer.

Marathon Maniac #957

God, anything but giving up beer.

(((shudder)))  Anything but that....or, God forbid,....(I can hardly say it)....ice cream...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

Tater, the injury thing sucks. What can you do that doesn't hurt? Any weightlifting allowed? elliptical (I know, it sucks)? God, anything but giving up beer.

There's plenty of stuff that I can do, but I've pretty much decided to do a bunch of yoga.  It hurts a little when I do it (but just about anything makes it hurt a little), but does not make it worse.  I could be doing some other stuff like biking but I wanted to use this downtime as an opportunity to strengthen and add flexibility to my core, so I have been focusing on the yoga.  I also started doing eccentric strengthening exercises for my hamstrings.

And not to worry, giving up beer ain't happening.

Not at it at all. 

(((shudder)))  Anything but that....or, God forbid,....(I can hardly say it)....ice cream...

Guinness ice cream. 2 birds. 1 stone.  And Tater, it sounds like you're keeping yourself pretty busy. Good luck with it.

182.2, from 180.6 last week.  These plateaus are sooooo frustrating.  I've taken the extreme step of not buying any chocolate at Trader Joe's yesterday, we'll see how that works.  On the positive side, the upper bod is really toning up as a result of the hundredpushups.com program (I do 200+ pushups on some days).  So I must be adding muscle weight right?  Dude, I'm like so totally driving to Cali next month for a family reunion and want to have the hottest chest on the beach.   

Leslie, I am so envious that you are pacing/crewing at States.  Just keep in mind that the 100 mile bug is extremely contagious!

Potatohead, I'd bet that at least of your gain is carb loading + water.  If I take just a couple of days off I can see my weight go up by 2 or 3 lbs but then it usually is water that gets sweated off with the next workout.  I've had my share of hamstring issues too, grade II strain/tear about 15 years ago at the upper insertion point, and found that brisk walking 2-3 miles at a pain-free pace helps during flareups, as does deep tissue massage.  Of course, nothing beats Downward Dog...