Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 4.25.17 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s magnaflourescent workouts:

RunnerKSA (2.5 pre-work TM miles and 2.1 post-work TM miles)

Tramps (EZ 6 morning miles in mizzle)

Pfriese (EZ 6 tapering miles around town)

PBJ (fizzy lifting & spinnerooni with Enter Sandman playing)

Holly (50 poolside laps for 1,250 yards + 20 min weights work)

Rochrunner (6 miles on the Paint Creek Trail)

Evanflein (4 EZ afternoon miles, except for hard mile #2)

Mike (11 miles with 4X1.5 at ‘strength’ pace with more heel pain)

Spacityrunner (3.3 EZ ‘round the workplace miles)

Tramps, what’s the problem doing that hip abductor butterfly stretch? Just don’t ask me to do it…

PBJ, welcome back and best of luck with your training for the MCM in Oct. People here are running, some do trails, some do roads, some are injured, some are not, some bike, some swim, some go to the gym, and some even do spinnerooni. Our goddesses all live full and rich lives. The men complain. Mike preaches and races like a son-of-a-gun, except when he overdoes it and gets injured. I hope that helps, but I suspect it just has you scratching your head even more.

Expensive day, Holly, but I hope it’ll all be more than worth it.

Thanks for volunteering for Meals on Wheels, Roch. I’m sure your deliveries are always glad to see you because of you, as well as the food. Weird knee pain - I hope you figure it out.

Good luck with the new PT, dg. I'm glad you two got off to a good start.

Evanflein, perhaps I should also do more core work so I can extend my gardening time. Congrats on gaining on your pace bunny.

Mike, for some reason, I have a thing that stops me from posting my workouts on the daily roster. I know it's weird, but sometimes so am I.  Meybee you should let that heel heal?

Sorry about the sick daughter, Cat, but good of you to take care of her and the baby.

Interesting shampoo reference, Tet.

There’s nothing wrong with a cut-back race every once in a while, Tammy. I’m glad you’re not sore from Saturday’s trail race.

I walked 2 very EZ paper-bag miles this morning, and could still feel my damstring muttering at me in an unhappy tone. So I got back and did some easy stretching and then more TENS. It's raining now, and it's supposed to continue through tomorrow, so I won't be walking tomorrow morning, but I will be doing some more EZ stretching and TENS work. I'm hoping that will be enough to get me back on track, but I suspect that it won't. G@#&^!!

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

3.1 miles- sunny, cool morning.    Facebook tells me that on this day in 2009 I made my return to marathoning after a 5 year break.  It was a hot, horrific day here in Nashville for Music City Marathon, but I ran 4:18 for 2nd in my age group.  They were dropping like flies around me.  Yeah- running is stupid!

2.3 miles on the treadmill after work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think I'm a little late, but welcome back PBJ.  I still think of the "PBJ special" and think one day when I grow up, I can actually do one.

Ended getting myself out at ALMOST Jay o'clock this mornign with a little problem setting my alarm.  Apperently I set the clock up an hour and didn't realize it until I was downstairs, dressed, and about to go out the door.  Then I noticed the stove and microwave clocks said 4:45 and not the 5:45 that I expected.  First thought was "who changed the clocks" unitl it sunk in that I was up much too early.   At that point it seemed pretty well useless to go back to bed, so out I went for 5 VERY slow miles.  I blame the lack of sleep.

Still in FLA amoungst the lawyers, KSA?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Jay--let's just say I'm working up to that stretch...slowly.

Erika--yeah, it's all connected so it seems like, regardless of what's ailing you, working on the "chain" is pretty much the same.

Mike--is your heel pain plantar fasciitis? Are you doing hamstring and calf stretching?  Icing?

Cut my run short because it was just pouring out there this morning.  But I did manage 6 in the rain.

Be safe. Be kind.

pfriese

Morning all.

I still think of the PBJ special TMtoo. Alas, I think I reached it one time in a 10 mile race.

5 miles of ezpz tapering miles for me today.

Paul

stumpy-  No, I got home Sunday evening and I was ready to be home!   Of course, it was horrific rain and cold when I landed in TN, and we were all in sandals.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I still think of PBJ every time my DW asks if that's what I want for lunch.

Rode 23.7 with the Tuesday biking group. Colder than last week since the sun never appeared (it's coming out as I type this). But I signed up yesterday for a 4-day tour in PA in early June, so I need to get into biking shape ASAP. It's a tour of Civil War battlefields including Gettysburg, Antietam, and Harper's Ferry. I've been to all three before but it should be fun to have a guide and tour them on a bike. Some "rolling" roads in between as well so I need to get ready for some climbing.

Between now and then, a 5K a week from Saturday and a hilly trail 10K at the end of May.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Fly-by, as the last week of the month is the usual hectic scramble at work.

5 course dinner and wine-pairing at Kroger tonight.  I have got to stop DH from continuing to sign us up for these - my waistline is getting larger by the event....

4.2 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

Got 5 in at lunchtime. A little cooler today, but we are expecting a warmup the rest of the week.

We may hit 90 at the weekend.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

dg.

hi !

Jay.... bummer.   hope a little break does the trick.    are you trying eccentric contractions?   something I remember fuzzily from my last few times...

Holly, yikes, sorry about the expenses.   and fwiw, I wouldn't have liked 60 degrees either.     nothing hurt this morning?

Doug over the weekend I committed both of us to attend next years science march.   thought I should let you know.   ;  )

...have we not seen BerthaSlayer in a little while?  Lori, I hope all is well.

Erika how's your foot?  or, feet?    sometimes we should remind you that you are awesome.  glad your miles are picking up.

SteveP.... I'm sorry about your FIL.     How's Taggy?

Leslie, hi!   How's your everything?

Mike!   Hi !

for a person that hurts while typing I sure am chatty today.

Ok, I have to tell you what happened at the gym this morning.   Just 4.625 not at all fun miles on the track...faster than usual but wanted to stop from the start.  (weights & things after) Stride was off,  I just couldn't get it together.  Felt like I'd never run before.  Wondering if some of the work that's being done on me has me where the old compensations don't quite work.    I was embarrassed when I'd pass people because then they could watch me flop along arms akimbo .   :  )

so, I finished & walked toward the stairs & one of the regular walkers, not someone I know, said to me that (I can hardly type this) I have a good pace, stride, movement, something like that.  don't remember the exact words.  He was a runner & a former track coach.  He said that he'd have had me on his team.  Said he wasn't kidding.   Still seems really funny but I can't even express how much that encouragement meant.  Have been feeling like I'm pulling myself up by my bootstraps in all directions at once, which  (despite the ensuing hilarity, like tramp's new stretch...)  doesn't seem to work very well.      /all about me.

evanflein

Hey Deb, my foot (feet) is mostly fine now. I do have some soreness in my right pinky toe, and I think it's the shoes. These are the same shoes I wore at the marathon and got a blister that covered this entire toe (and subsequently peeled off all the skin and nail... ick). Wore the shoes yesterday and had sore toe again, almost like a bruised nail thing going on. I sure hope it's not the shoes, because I do like them otherwise. Just weird. Anyway, feet are fine, just struggling with fatigue/tired legs seemingly all the time. Just don't recover like I used to. And hey, my DH would helpfully point out that the guy at the gym is hitting on you. 

90°?? Holy carp, I can't imagine. we hit that every now and then but it's not typical, although low to mid-80's is common here most summers. But we spend most of our summer in the high 60's to high 70's and that's just fine by me.

So today is our first day in I think a couple of weeks where we have clouds. WTH? Not used to this! What happened to our brilliant sunny clear skies? Oh well, they'll be back, I'm sure. We'll still hit low 50's today, but I did bring a long sleeved shirt just in case. And those Saucony shoes, just to see if they bite my toe again.

MTA: 5.6 miles in about 50° and light cloud cover. Got out before the expected sprinkles that never happened.

Marathon Maniac #957

nothing hurt this morning?

Wish I could say that, but no, this back/waist/hip/flank pain is worse than ever today, from early morning hours.  Maybe the gentle crunches I did that I didn't think would hurt b/c I was flat on my back weren't such a great idea.  I'm starting to wonder though if this is a pulled muscle or kidney pain.  Could I have a kidney stone or infection brewing?  If it continues, I will make an appt with dr on Friday, but given the flare up today after the weights, etc. yesterday, it still looks like pulled muscle.

90 is a bit much, but I love 85.  Not to run in, though.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

..dg//......if typing hurts, you better take a RestDay

============

20-min X-Bike Standing

and

1 1/2 hours flycasting

and

40-min PoolRunning

hope my CrazyBrother has a Good Hospital Plan..........Moo-Ha-Ha

............good running to the rest of ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry about everyone's owies!  Getting old ain't for sissies, that's for sure.

I ran a slow 15 mile trail run today, just trying to reacclimate to the land of no oxygen, and get some time on my feet.  I have a 50k race coming up in June, and have been doing hardly any running this year so far...

The weather was all over the place today - mid 40s, and some sunshine, some overcast, and a few snow flurries.  It's predicted to snow off and on here for the next 4 days, so I figured I'd do a longish run today before the storms move in.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.