Masters Running

Thurs Dec 20th Running & Chat! (Read 521 times)

TammyinGP

I'll start Cool I ran 3 miles on the TM last night and then went to a yoga/pilates class. This is only the 2nd one I've gone to (went to my first one 2 wks ago), but I've been doing some of the stretches at home on a regular basis, so even at the class last night, I felt much more at ease and was able to transition to different poses better and not fall over. It was a good class. My running has really been poor this month. Last night was the first time I've run this week. I don't even think I'm up to 50 miles yet for the month Roll eyes Looks like Kick is making progress. We now have the home screen back, just can't get past that yet, but obviously Rich and Sierra have been working hard to get us back up and running.

Tammy

Hey Tammy - am in a similar boat. My running mileage is low, but I have been to ballet class and am practicing at home. I did a snowy three mile run this morning, crawled into bed afterwards to warm up and woke up three hours later with a cold. La T Da

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Yes Tammy - I see kicks is making progress! whooopeee. hmmm new smilies here but thankfully no banana. 6 mile progression run this morning. Began at 7:55 per and ended at 6:18. 23 days till disney ksrunr #304

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

Tammy, so happy you started a daily thread. This forum gives me the kind of renewed feeling I get when I rearrange the furniture. Smile Everything's the same, but different. I ran 5 miles today in sunny 38F, just a little wind. If i can squeeze in another 5 on Saturday I'll have 17 miles this week, which is where I want to be right now. I like to hear about your crosstraining. The only thing I do right now besides running are push-ups, a few times a week. On a good day I can do 35, but they're from my knees instead of toes, and they aren't the all-the-way-to-the-floor variety. Nevertheless, when I started I could do 5. So that's progress. Big grin Tortuga, sorry about your cold. Sad Nice run, ks. Jem
          TammyinGP

do you have something against dancing banana's KS? Tongue I do so very little cross-training. BUT, Mill's game/challenge/competition is what motivated me to do some. And last month, SS's plank challenge inspired me to start working on my core. I tend to cover up my core with a looser shirt and ignore it. But after a pretty consistent month of doing ab work and adding planks to my repetoire, I'm seeing some of that 'hourglass' shape coming back (haven't seen that since before I had my son . . .uh, 8 yrs ago Shocked ), so it's nice to see improvement. Hopefully, now that I've created these habits of doing some crosstraining, I'll keep with it even after the competition is over - in which I'm sure the wimmins are kicking the boyz beehinds. Tongue I think for 2008, I want to keep an online running log. I've never done that before - just have my handwritten spiral bound journal "The Complete Runner's Day by Day Log and Calendar" - and it works well for me as far as logging in weekly/monthly mileage,etc. But I'm hoping in 2008 to finetune my statistics a bit more and also keep track of cross training workouts (the goal is to do more of that). I see conversations periodically about running logs, but have never paid much attention to them since I don't track online, but now I'll need to see what format I like best and is the most user friendly.

Tammy

Tammy - I just posted a dancing banana on kicksters Clowning around

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

BTY

Hi everyone. 4 miles along the Hudson River at Lunch time, 37:30. Still plugging along at about 9:15 - 9:25/mile pace. Hoping I get one more day in this week. Haven't had a 20+ mile week in months. Just nuts. bty
                Tramps

So if we migrate here, would this be the daily thread? I'm a little confused about the difference between forums and "groups"--which, in turn, have their own forums. Confused I have to say, though, for sheer clean and readable design, this site gets my vote. But KR seems to have a lot more traffic right now. Not sure why. Are there differences I'm missing?

Be safe. Be kind.

GreenMan

Thanks for the icebreaker Tam. I ran twelve real slow, low HR at least till I started back up the grade. I ran the last 2/10the fast and that part felt the best. I gotta get that leg speed in gear for the New Years Day 5K Smile {{{La T}}} JJJ
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                      To me this seems like clutter. And non-respondable. For me and others, we just look at each others log for this kind of info. Have yall not got a log yet? Heck, I've thought about keeping mine private (to keep my competitors from knowing what it is that's working for me) but what works for me might not work as well for others and most are utilizing the same or similar training plans anyhow.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Hmm. Guess we aren't all here for the same reasons. Someof us like to share our running experiences and be friendly. In kindergarten I was taught a song that went like this: "If you can't say something nice, shhh, say nothing." Sounds like a good long run, jjj.
                          Point taken. But I said nothing bad or offensive. You on the otherhand come off that way. To "share your running experiences and be friendly" is what I was getting at jemmama. Be friendly and share your log. Smile MTA: Shortly, I will be hitting the hell belt. All the details of this enjoyable run will be in my log later. Fill free. Wink

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

GreenMan

To me this seems like clutter. And non-respondable. ......
                            Yeah, I see what ya mean. Most of this is just a fragment os a multi-year conversation. But hang around, it'll be clear as mud a few days. jjj
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                              Hi, everyone! Nothing to report except the run itself. Started at 4:15 -- I guess it was a bit cold at 21F, but that's about it. It's been dry here so no snow or ice to deal with, thankfully. Workout: 4M tempo, 7:10/mi, AHR 166 Overall: 12.1M, 1:36 (7:56/mi) Running log? I'll consider it, but I keep all my runs in Excel. Should I cross post the log? Hmm... Lou

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Point taken. But I said nothing bad or offensive. You on the otherhand come off that way. To "share your running experiences and be friendly" is what I was getting at jemmama. Be friendly and share your log. Smile MTA: Shortly, I will be hitting the hell belt. All the details of this enjoyable run will be in my log later. Fill free. Wink
                                Sorry. Didn't mean to be so touchy. But I don't think anyone would benefit much from viewing my log, except for some comic relief now and then. Smile