Masters Running

February Masters Miles (Read 53 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Today we pledge allegiance to moving. To running alone, to running marathons, and to running wild. To running like your life depends on it, and knowing that it does. To first steps, half steps, or any other step you never thought was possible. And to losing yourself completely in order to find yourself at the exact same time.   ~ New Balance

Okay, Masters,  time to post your February miles, and any PRs or AG awards, as well as any other milestones or achievements, big or small.   February was a short month - how did you do?  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers, as well as cool totals and anything else award-worthy!    And those of you on injured reserve get extra hugs!

I took this picture on the Colorado Trail on my long run last Saturday:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks Carolyn!!  86.9 for me ......grrrr that .1 will drive me nuts - lol!!  I had one really bad week (5 miles) - fortunately it was only because of the blizzard and not due to injury or illness - very thankful!!

Nothing new for me except I decided to jump on an opportunity to run Boston for the Matty Eappen Foundation - I know with my lowish miles I have no business running a marathon, but it is too worthy a cause for me to turn down and I will proceed  slowly and safely as I increase my long runs.

oh - and absolutely gorgeous photo!!  Smile

denise

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Carolyn! I've been waiting for this thread: I finally broke 200 miles this month! Had several PR weeks of mileage as well (which makes sense if you're going to have a PR month, topped out at 56.37 miles), but I'm especially impressed with myself since it's the shortest month of the year. One race, a hilly 4-miler that was 6 seconds shy of my PR, but that was on a much flatter course, so everything equalizes according to that theory of running relativity, right?. So all in all, a stellar month for me. Smile

Feb = 210.25

YTD = 339.37

an amazing likeness

35.5 run miles and every single one sucked.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

195.4 for me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

No races--no PRs--but a very good month of runs and workouts.

February: 208.0   (231.28 WTORR)

2013: 375.0  (I ran of energy to do the WTORR calculations)

Thanks wild!

TammyinGP

well, I sadly fell short of my goal of hitting 100 miles this month. Sad

I'm at 94.2.

Tammy

arf

MM #405

me too....stupid short month Angry

92 for me

I would never attempt to figure out WildChild equivalent miles.  At sea level, pancake flat, and mostly warm weather my 100.8 miles in February would probably equal out to about 25 of hers.

(First 100+ month in probably a year.  Yikes.)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too....stupid lazy-bones missing a 50K, mary and 5K that got my registration fees this month Angry

February 2013 - 0
                      2/03 - West Seattle 50K Fat Ass - barefoot - 0
                      2/10 - Valentine’s Day 5K (Green Lake, Seattle) - barefoot - 0
                      2/16 - First Call President’s Day Marathon (Bothell, WA) - barefoot - 0

WTGOMWOW

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the inspiring quote and photo to kick off this month's tally.

56.4 achy racewalking miles for Feb. I think I scored some PWs for some weekly and my monthly totals this month. I'm looking forward to a better March!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

78.7 miles this month.  Very happy to be continuing the upward trend in totals.  Just a little change from the 24 miles in October.  Sorry to see a few people going the other way.

Thanks, Carolyn.  Relatively speaking.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

43 miles.    sick for a week plan on 80 in march

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

#artbydmcbride

167.9 miles

mileage down due to marathon in this month (taper and recovery)

Thank you, child of the wild!  Smile

Runners run

161 miles.  Great pic, Carolyn.