Masters Running

Weird Brew Saturday........ (Read 29 times)

...we just got our First MicroBrewery

AND

they have Interns from our Chemical Engineering School

(which sounds

both Nice and yet Scary at the same time)

......a buddy of mine

brought me a GALLON of their lager to TasteTest,

poured most of it out,

but they have a Red that is Exceptional

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/cheers-red-silo-microbrewery-to-open,16938

=============

also Weired Waeather today, 70s in the morning, 30s and ICE tomorrow.......ugh

40-min PoolRun, ris, paw with belt

NOTE TO TWOCAT-

if your Back is still bugging you

, switch to PoolRunning,

just secure the belt tight behind your Lower Back

all the advantages of Running, minimal Impact...........hope it helps

.........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Tom - strange weather here, too.  I thought I would do my LR because the temps were forecast to be jumping up to the 40's, but overnight it was freezing rain, so when I went out this morning it was 35 degrees with lots of patches of black ice.  I gave it up at 4.2 miles.

Now it is 51 degrees outside with misty rain - would have been nice to run in, except that I am already showered and my running mojo is gone.  Back to freezing tonight, so I hope the rain stops well before the temperature drops or tomorrow there will be even more ice.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

It looks like a lot of the country is getting impacted by the frigid temps.  We got down to our lowest of the year - 31 - last night.  That's getting pretty darn cold for here.  Except for Mr. Mr., who I think is perpetually have a heat flash - none of the cats chose to stay outside after their pre-dawn breakfast.

We had our office Christmas party last night.  We always sit with a co-worker and her husband who is a Lutheran pastor and a recovering alcoholic (goes to show nobody is immune).  They're a hoot, and since none of us drink, it works out great.

No running for me for at least another couple of days.  I've had a really tight muscle in the right side of my butt that has been pulling painfully.  I think between me rolling and getting Shorty to give me some pretty deep massaging, we've almost worked out the kinks, but no running until I'm 100% certain things are okay.  I told my coach I think some of the stress at work is settling in the weakest parts of my body.  My right side from the hip down has been my weak link ever since I tore my ankle up years ago.  . . . . at least that's the excuse I'm going with until something else is proven otherwise. 

I'm at work today and probably will be tomorrow.  It's the big push before  Christmas and New Years.  Egads!

Stay warm, my friends ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wow - light day today. Everyone must be out Christmas shopping. I guess everyone's idea of cold temps is relative (just ask Erika!) We had a snowstorm start yesterday morning, and when I woke up at 5:30 this morning, it had temporarily stopped. We probably got 6 or 7 inches at that point, and foolishly thinking that the snowplows had come through the neighborhood, I put on my cold weather running gear and YaxTrax (it was 15° with a nice wind out of the north) and headed out the door. The plows were a no show, but the streets were pretty deserted. I ran where there was a tire track to run in, and walked when there wasn't any. The only thing that got cold was my ankles, but I gave up the battle at 3.1 miles. It was just too hard. And wouldn't you know it? As I was walking up the driveway, I saw the plows down the street. But like Holly, my running mojo was gone and I just wanted a hot cup of coffee.

Boy, that beer must have been pretty skunky for you to dump it all out Tom!

Take care of that sore butt muscle Leslie.

Hey Holly. What's on DD's Christmas list this year?!

Just finished baking two kinds of Christmas cookies and made a batch of angel food. It's snowing again, and the high tomorrow is supposed to be like -5°  This weather isn't doing much to help my Christmas blahs. Tell me again why I live here?

Marathon Maniac #957

getting Shorty to give me some pretty deep massaging,

that Shorty sure is a handy fella!  Now, can you send him over here to cook us something delicious?

Jlynne - DD wanted clothes, mostly, but wanted to pick them out herself, so she'll get a couple of clothing store gift cards.  At this age, going shopping with your girlfriends is most of the fun.  One fun thing, I sent off for the rebate for her contact lenses, and it came in the form of a $60 Visa gift card with her name on it, so she is getting that.  She won't know where it came from, just that she has a personalized Visa card.  I found a couple pairs of boots for her at the Thanksgiving evening doorbuster sale at Elder Beerman.  Other than that, just some small stuff - iPod charger, speaker for her phone, make up - etc.

DS wanted a tablet, and that took up most of our budget for him (actually went WAY over - shhh, don't tell DD), but he also got some small stuff too.  I found such a good deal on his tablet at Newegg.com that I bought one for me too.  I really shouldn't have, but for all my running trips out of town, I was tired of carrying my small but very heavy laptop.

What's on your Christmas list?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Christmas list?  Honestly, I don't give a whole lot of thought to things I would want but Debbie went to Kohls, today, and made a point of letting me know that I could not go with her.  Kohls?  There is nothing I would want for Christmas at Kohls.

No run for me today.  I shoveled in the morning then went to a food shelf and carried groceries out to people's cars.  I really feel bad for all those people.  I know when I was a kid, we went hungry many days.  I don't know if there were things like that back then, but my dad would have been "too proud" to get food at a place like that.  Anyway...it just brought back sad memories.

Okay--I'll stop depressing everybody.  See ya!

mike//......maybe this

• SONOMA Goods for Life™ Women's Lug Ankle Boots

Stone

sale

$29.99

original $74.99

SONOMA Goods for Life™ Women's ...

(55)

• SONOMA Goods for Life™ Women's Suede Ankle Boots

Whiskey Black

sale

$29.99

original $74.99

SONOMA Goods for Life™ Women's ...

(28)

• Simply Vera Vera Wang Women's Mid-Calf Rain Boots

sale

$29.99

original $49.99

Simply Vera Vera Wang Women's ...

...now

you just need to accessorize....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

TW!  You almost got me in BIG trouble!  I started laughing at those stupid boots and Debbie asked me what I was laughing about.  I think I've talked my way out of it.

We're catching up on This is Us.

I read the daily and would comment on the weather, plows, freezing rain, boots and presents in general, but RA makes posting with a cell phone absolutely painful!  I will have to settle for reporting that we got a few inches of snow this morning. That was accompanied by bitter cold. Not a chance I was going to do my first run in 6 weeks outside on that. Instead it was 4 of the longest miles I can recall on the TM. If you do not run your body just burns off all of your running fitness as fast as possible. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

We blew our Christmas bucks (and more) on our trip to New York. It was worth it. We saw Book of Mormon on Sunday with Hally, and Phantom of the Opera on Monday. Done, I need nothing else! And... we ate like piggies and drank some really good wine. We're set.

Jlynne, I spent three winters in Wisconsin going to school, and I swore I'd never spend another winter in the midwest. I'll take our dry, no wind cold, thank you.

7.1 hilly miles today in 5°. Twocat, not only does running fitness leave you quickly, but hill conditioning is the first to go! This felt pretty hard, and I promised myself I'd do it again next week. Maybe it was a threat, I don't know.

wildchild

Carolyn

I love the boots, Mike! 

We left Red Rocks near Vegas because the weather turned crappy. Sounds crappy everywhere!  Now we're at a cool climbing area near Barstow CA and hoping it warms up enough to climb. I ran a meager 3.25 miles around camp when we arrived, and that"a about all the available dirt roads and trails here. Guess I' 'll have to run laps to get any mileage.

No Christmas shopping for me. I ordered a few things online for family,but I'm not home to shop or shop anything.

Happy trails! Stay warm, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.