Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 4 (Read 432 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, let me tell you right now that I did NOT want to get on the scale today. We had friends over last night and I really overdid it, caloriewise - pizza, garlic cheese dip and crackers, 3 lite beers and a glass of wine and lots of English toffee (I'm telling you, that stuff is extremely addictive)...add to that the Christmas overeat and it's not surprising that I am up 2 lbs this week, to 116 lbs. moo

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

I knew I'd forget this morning...and I did. But, I did peek yesterday and I'm +5. Surprised If you check my profile, it was already reflected. DeadDead So living on booze, sugar and caffeine didn't work so well for the last couple of weeks. Worse is how my bod feels. Everything hurts. Looking forward to getting back to normal life of no sugar, some whole grains, fruits, veggies and such. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Did pretty well through Christmas, last night not so much. I ate evrything in site. No alcohol though. I guess I'm saving up for that. Up two pounds from last week...155. nono....I see you've got 1000 miles for 2009 as a goal. I'm right there with ya on that one. oink
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Worse is how my bod feels.
          Amen, sister. I knew before I got on the scale that it wouldn't be pretty. And I resolved, before I got on the scale, to start doing something about it now instead of waiting until my birthday on 1/12. I've always used the prospect of my favorite food - birthday cake Roll eyes- as an excuse to start taking care of myself AFTER the cake is gone. That idea could have been reinforced this year since the "biggest loser" challenge at my school is starting that day, and my teammates and I have been joking about bulking up for the first weigh-in, but every fiber of my being is shouting ENOUGH!!!! My sinuses and digestive system are a mess from so much refined wheat, and I feel like a blob that can't get out of its own way. Don't even want to think about having to wear real clothes - with a waistband(!) - to school on Monday! I just updated my weight and measurements on sparkpeople - painful - and made plans to take the leftovers from last night's dinner to my brother and SILs later today. Oh, the gory detail: up 1.5 from the first weigh-in. Up 5 pounds Shocked from this time last year. Grrrrrrrr. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

OK, so it's not as bad as I thought - I'm only up 1/2 pound from last year's biggest loser weigh-in. Wait, if I'd actually LOST weight and kept it off, that WOULD be bad. Because it is! Back to your regularly-scheduled programming . . . . . . .

flomotioncoaching.com

anachrotech

I'm up a pound. Sad I guess it could be worse.
                ok- i so wasn't going to get on the scale this morning, but i did..........i am up 5lbsShockedShockedShockedShocked sooooooooo bad - but i joined the next biggest loser challenge at work starting monday so hopefully that will help but til i get on the official scale at work it's fair game with the eating

denise

Dutchie42

I think I'm the same as last week: 132.88 lbs (60.4kg). But I definitely gained instead of maintained. We're finishing the leftovers today and as of tomorrow, life and diet should be back to normal. I've signed up for an online nutrition software that will help me not only keep track of what I eat and how many cals, but also keeps track of my daily intake of vitamins/minerals and such. I had no idea I ate so much sodium! The program also suggests what foods to eat when I'm lacking vitamins or minerals. I'm aiming for two pounds weightloss by the end of January.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

I love this thread! Can I join? Tongue What are the rules? Is there an initiation, like eating 2500 calories/day, plus a bottle of wine for the last 2 weeks? Embarrassed I can identify w/ everyone on here, except Holly, because who can only weigh 116 pounds? Confused Eliz, that is why they make elastic waists! Dutchie, what is the link to that on line program? It sounds like just what I we all need. Burp Surprised
                    Dutchie42

Dutchie, what is the link to that on line program? It sounds like just what I we all need.
                      The button to the nutrition program is on the right side. It's not a free program. I believe fitday.com is free. But you can check out the demo. http://www.thecathenation.com/ I'm doing the one month trial for $10.- just to see if I can stick with it and if it's for me. The nutritional information I got was a real eyeopener to me.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marathon Maniac #957

I can identify w/ everyone on here, except Holly, because who can only weigh 116 pounds? Confused
                        Not so hard, when you are an Ooma Loompa....that's actually about 10 lbs over my ideal weight for this height....and 10 lbs is a lot on a short person....Sad Fussyrunner - this was started as a 5-week Weightloss or Maintain-It-Through-The-Holidays challenge, and next week is the final week, where we all see if we managed to at least maintain our current weight through that difficult period of time from Thanksgiving through New Years. I suspect that we might need to do another session after this, though...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks Dutchie and Holly, Sorry I didn't get in on this but it probably wouldn't have stopped my "living on booze, sugar and caffeine" as Nono so succintly put it. (How do you get quotes to show up w/out copy and paste?) I did sign up for fitday.com this morning, but I can already see that it's way more fun to just "guess" my calorie output/input and be baffled as to why I cannot lose weight. Frankly, just reading Holly's log is enough to either get me going or put me into a state of apoplexy. And if she's 10 lbs over, let's do the ratio on that: 5'1"/116 : 5'3"/x I don't think x should be 135. Angry Happy New Year's!!!
                          evanflein

Ok, I think having a weigh in day on New Years is just cruel. Heh. We had cracked crab and homemade focaccia (ok, I used a mix, but added more rosemary) and wine last night. OMG was it good. I knew I'd be up today but the test will be tomorrow, I think. So, I'm up 2 pounds from Wednesday (the weigh in day for the challenge at Kick Runners), but still down 2.5 from where we started this nonsense. I'll call it good, and check again tomorrow.

The Jogger

Holly, this can't be the last week, I've just gained 2 pounds (fatter boy) now 203 pounds Shocked Shocked Shocked Roy
                                I think I'm the same as last week: 132.88 lbs (60.4kg).
                                Over achiever Roll eyes Big grin
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM