Masters Running

Friday, July 9 Master Runs and so on and so forth........ (Read 387 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Today is a SRD although I have really been debating about going out for a run.   I think I will let my better judgement prevail though and just get some things done around here this morning.   I have a date with my neighbor to pick raspberries and have lunch together too.    Plus, it is still 72° and humid.   The humidity is suppose to break around 3:00.   Now how do they know the time???

Thanks for the kudos on my running improvements.   They are baby steps, but I do feel like things are getting better.

Welcome over to the dark side Dove!   

TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I like Dove's avatar!  Welcome.  Sounds like a fun day coming up Mary.

DW got an unbelievable deal on some Asics Gel-Kinsei 2  shoes the other day.  Retail $179 (some sites have them for $229 !!), marked down to $99, she added a GU to get it over $100 total and $25 off that made the shoes $74.  Top of the line Asics.

DW is in Dallas today, heading to Wichita tomorrow to spread her mom's ashes on the old family farm.

3 slow recovery miles for me this morning at 9:49 pace. Almost bagged it and rolled over but decided to get in a few.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

Mary - enjoy the raspberries - I am so jealous!

Welcome, Dove!

Byll - that is a terrific deal on the Kinsei's!

Carolyn - the foot is doing pretty well as long as I avoid agility.   I haven't done any long runs, so we'll see what happens when I start going over 12 miles again. 

It was blessedly foggy and overcast this morning.  6 hilly miles @ 10:24 and 150 AHR.  We're supposed to go out for pizza with friends tonight, so I'll probably do an hour on the bike for lunch to compensate. 

One of the osprey parents was feeding the chick (only one this year) when I ran by this morning.  I'm relieved to see that the chick has survived the H&H.  There's not a bit of shade for the nesting platform. 

Good runs and good weekend to all.  Fleet feets to the weekend racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

I look my best blurry!

Hi all!  Or should I say y'all!  I've been in the Outer Banks this week.  It has been gorgeous!  I''ve discovered that running in the soft sand is really hard on the calves!  I am going from ice bucket, to beach, to hot tub, to ice bucket to keep them from screaming at me.  I am going to have my highest mileage week ever though!  Yesterday 17 mi and today 5.4.  I might go for a couple more this evening barefoot.  Really having a great time.  Our WIFI and cell phone coverage is very spotty.  That is a bit annoying with my RA addiction.  We are 8.5 mi from a road in the 4 wheel drive area, Carova.  We have seen the wild horsed almost everyday.  We are only 2 miles from the Virginia line.  Past that point is a VA state park.  I ran there yesterday and didn't see a soul for 8 miles.  No roads, cars or houses either.  As I ran the fiddler crabs all scattered.  That was so cool!  Gotta go relax on the beach.  Later!
          Mariposai

Good morning Mary, Bregercito, Sue, Wannaberunner and all those who will follow.

I am so delighted to see Dove in here. She is one magnificent runner, a lovely lady and a great friend.

Bregercito, did your DW bought the shoes on line? What a great buy. I am a bargain hunter myself too. Anymore I don't go to shopping malls anymore. I do it all online and I wait until the item I want is on clearance before I buy it.

Rest day for my wings. I am still very happy with my 1200m swim last night. If the weather is very hot again today I may visit the pool again.

Have a great day you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Jealous of Wannabe's getaway. Can't wait for my Martha's Vineyard vaca to start 7/24.

4.2 easy miles today after a less than inspiring weights session. Past week has been tough with all the yardwork and party prep and I felt weak in the weight room. But the run was fine. Planning on 14 miles tomorrow morning bright and early. Then off to Tampa on Sunday evening for a trade show. Just as the humidity breaks here, I fly into the soup in Florida.

Butterfly Wings,

That was an in store mark down at Sports Authority combined with a $25 off $100 coupon.  I don't think you'll find this online.  And it was one color only of the Asics Kinsei 2's - a sort of rose/pink color that I like a lot but apparently they must have had an abundance of.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

10-11 hours of sleep.  Foot is still to sore too go running.

Honestly, it is very tough to have to be waited on for every little thing.  You would think it would be fun to just yell out for more coffee or water or Captain Crunch but I guess I just like to take care of everything myself. 

I forgot to add in my update last night that the podiatrist also said that he thought I had compartment syndrome along with the infection.  So I guess I can't give the blister all the credit for the pain.  I'll find out more when I follow-up with the doctor next week.

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement.

No run for me today. Got another ART treatment yesterday and was told the scar tissue in the calf feels better. Got in 50 solid road bike miles this morning before this afternoon's thunder storms. Looking forward to a week in Canada at the family cottage. Lake front living for a week will be welcome. Lots of running, swimming, kayaking and mountain biking ahead!
                    Dove

The Dovenator

Thank you for the welcome. I've visited a time or two over the years, but this is the first time I've decided to call RA "home". I'll miss my KR ferns, but I think most post here anyway..... All except my super-sekrit Javelina Pacer Posse, but I'll see if I can get them to make the move (hey, if they will fly to Arizona to run through the night with some sweaty imaginary friend, maybe they'll hop across cyber space and come here, too). 4 sweltering miles today, a 5k with a few grads from my c25k group tomorrow.

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Marathon Maniac #957

DOVE!  I love it that you have moved in!  Remember this?

Kimmie – you still have plenty of time to get to Steamtown.  You, too, Jlynne.

Diverdoc – welcome back to the USA!

Mariposai – nice 1200m!  I am such a poor swimmer, I can swim some but when I try to tread water I sink like a rock.  When DD wants me to play with her in the deep end, I use a swim noodle.    DS makes fun of me because he can now stand flat-footed in water where I cannot touch the bottom. 

Wannabe – do you have any pictures to post?

Today, I am the poster child for what NOT to do when you think you may be developing a running injury.  I let my need to burn calories override my sense.   

We’re going to have friends over to our house for dinner tonight, then head out to an outdoor concert afterward (McGuffey Lane) where I was hoping to drink several beers, and my stoopid weight is still up from a weekend at Put-in-Bay followed by the holiday weekend (fraught with cookouts), so I was really driven to pre-burn some calories for tonight’s event.

I set out this morning in 75° (72 dewpoint made it feel a bit soupy), and felt great until about 2 miles, when my knee started to be cranky (I’ve self-diagnosed it as hamstring tendonitis), so I turned and headed back home.  Once home, I hopped on the TM, with its more springy, forgiving surface, and continued running.  The pain didn’t get bad enough to make me stop (in fact, it diminished a bit), so I kept going, fueled by a rerun of House, ending up with 11 miles total. 

Some ibu and ice and it feels okay now, but I know that Sunday’s scheduled 20-miler is off the books, which is okay because I still have some wiggle room in my plan, and I may take tomorrow off completely.  I don't think yesterday's hamstring power sets were helpful (although they didn't hurt at the time), but I may try biking in the morning.  Does biking hurt a hamstring tendon?  We’ll see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, Holly, Holly  *pulling out the duct tape . . . . .* 

Welcome back, Dove!

Dave - When The Hub was but a young pup in his 20s, he used to pour beer over his Captain Crunch.

Bill - Nice score for your DW on the shoes!

Mary - Me LOVES raspberries!

SRD for me.  Leave at noon for the 3-4 hr drive to Ashland, OR, with the obligatory stop at Fred Meyer somewhere along the way.  I have my list ready - no sales tax in OR.

I won't be taking my laptop *shudder*, so in case I don't get the chance to get back in here before I leave, have a great weekend, and see ya'll on the flip side.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Dove,  Great to see you here.

I try to check in both places but I post here way more then I post at KR,  (and I don't post here nearly enough)  Change is always hard and I am not sure I like the look of the new kick. 

anyway,  yesterday's 10 miler was really hard??  heading out soon for an easy 5 miles with my neighbor. 

Stay cool everyone.  and  Dave,  Glad you're getting your foot taken care of,

Dave

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - When The Hub was but a young pup in his 20s, he used to pour beer over his Captain Crunch.

I saw a t-shirt once that said, "BEER - it's not just for breakfast anymore."

What is SRD?

Good Luck Leslie!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Honestly, it is very tough to have to be waited on for every little thing.....

..dave59//.........while you're healing

practise yelling

''Off Wi' Their Heads'' at the top of your lungs.....

it will improve Service,

or

they will have you Taken Away......

anyway, it's something to do.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....