Masters Running

Crazy Tall - Predicts 1:22 or bust at Montreal Half Marathon (Read 200 times)

Well you the know the old Tall is back if he is predicting a time in a race. So my training has been piss poor and heavy in the last two weeks with 35K runs but I am still going to try and get a PR and get around 1:22 at the Half this Sunday in honor of all my boomer friends running Boston (my half PR is 1:23:08). Many of you have been around a while and are running your first, some are running their second or third or more and had trouble in the past...and I know that jjacheny is going to have a super fast one this year because he will take it a bit easier at the start and he trained for the hills this year (it's going to be fast). I will take your pain on Sunday so you don't have to face it on Monday...so run pain free and enjoy the glory of Bostion.... I owe you all so much. Enjoy Boston. Tall is back 1:22 or Bust

Recent Best times: None recently

Cashmason

Yay. Glad to have you back Tall
        Just Don't Bust Tall!!! Good Luck!!!
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        TammyinGP

Good Luck Tall! I'll anxiously await the report that you got a new PR!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

May the wind be always at your back!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Good luck, Tall. I'll be looking for your report. TomS

GreenMan

Go for it Tall. You da man! jjj
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                seemomgo

Go Tall GO!
                    Yeh, that's how you do it. Jump out there with some bold predictions and strive like heck to get 'em done. Gotta love the guts and attitude. Go gett 'em tall man!
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      ...Nail it Tall........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Thanks, Tall, I'll remember this post on Monday... So glad to have you back.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yup, you're crazy but, if you don't fry yourself at that rate, you could do nearly 150 miles in the time it took me to do 29 last week. You see, I haven't forgotten the vow you made last summer to do an ultra with arf someday, or was it a wish, . . well, doesn't matter 'cause that's what happened to me the year before.Big grin Incidentally, if you really want to PR, just pretend the runners you're reelin' in from in front of you are you-know-who's-lawyer and you're gunna get 'em.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)