Masters Running

If it's #4, it must be Connecticut 5.19.16 (Read 35 times)

mrrun

I'll give Jay a break - saw on FB, it's your birthday, so Happy Birthday and hope you're having a good BWB to celebrate or at your favorite French restaurant.

sorry, no wrap-up, that skill I leave to others

Only ran a recovery couple this morning for my head - yesterday was long and fast for me.

Mike should be almost 2/3 done, so be strong the last 1/3

Have a fun Thursday,

Marj

Good morning Marj and all to follow! You're up at Jay o'clock this morning  Speaking of Jay, happy birthday to our favorite RA recapper! I'd post a picture of a cake but will leave those duties to Stumpy since he's the expert.

Go Mike! I can't even imagine how your body is feeling today but I know you'll probably run faster than the last 3. I sure hope you're planning on writing a nice story about this experience.

Last 4 mile run before the Cellcom this weekend. Looking forward to finally meeting Holly, Erika and her DH, Starr and Mr. Starr and seeing Aamos again. It's been a long time since the Twin Cities! Spent last night baking banana bread and cookies for the party, and I may even break down and clean my house for you folks

Have a great Thursday everyone!

coastwalker

Mornin’ Marj, Jlynne, and everyone to come.

I’m taking Tet’s (and others&rsquoWink advice and writing my post outside of RA and then pasting it in. It shouldn’t be necessary, but clearly is.

Marj - aren't all runs/walks good for one's head? We tried to get into our favorite French restaurant for Friday night, but this is UNH's graduation weekend, so the place is booked through the weekend. Good for our friends own own the restaurant, but not for us.

Nice 4-miler and great party-prep, Jlynne.

Busy day, indeed, Tammy! Good for you for keeping up with what’s going on in the illicit drug world. I hope you got your evening run in the heat done.

Mike, I hope you are stretching and getting massages after these marathons. But you are doing phenomenally well with only 1 (or 2) to go!

Nice chicking, Enke. You got a two-fer yesterday! Meanwhile, keep doing and embracing those hills.

Nice drizzly 7, Holly. I hope the mammo went well.

Doing a lot of rain walking/dancing, eh, Aamos? that’s fine, but I want to make sure you are OK. Will your next blog post be The Case of the Purloined Gardenia?

Nice 7 for you too, Leslie, although it is a shame that the foot pain returned. Could it be that your shoes and pavement are just not the right mix? Have fun in Santa Rosa at the non-conference!

Evanflein, you know that rest days are as important part of the training mix as any other day. But, no, that doesn’t mean that you have to like them. Are your ‘wild roses’ Rosa Rugosa? Their flowers also look like what Tet posted, and they do have thorns. They grow wild all along the seacoast here, and they seem to love the moist, salt air. Near lawns, they attract Japanese Beetles, so we ripped out the plants we had in our yard, rather than have to deal with those pests all summer.

Tet, I’ll try to keep my priorities in order, but sometimes I’ll mix up the order too. Nice sustained 5er, and flowery photos.

Good 3-fer, Mariposai.

We leave next Wednesday for a trade conference in San Antonio. We’ll have a little free time when we arrive on Wednesday and after we set up our booth on Thursday. So we welcome any restaurant recommendations you’d like to share. Once the conference starts on Friday morning, our free time will disappear until we head home on Sunday night’s red-eye.

I went 6.2 RW miles at J o’clock in 43F temps, under partly cloudy skies. I’ve put my headlamp away for a few months, but still need reflective gear when I head out ‘cause it is still a bit too dark. I saw a deer in the middle of a side street just stand and stare as I went by. I guess they don’t get to see too many racewalkers. 'Cause I had a birthday yesterday, I have to add one to my daily crunches, since I do my age's-worth each day. I wonder if/when I'll start counting backwards?

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy J-day.

Mike'll probably be really fast today after all the training he's been doing

for the last three days, . . . .or maybe he's just warming up for tomorrow's finale.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I think those Sitka roses are called Nootka rose.  I love them - so fragrant.  I am thinking of pulling out my stupid laurel bush and planting those instead.

On my last two morning runs, I did a few miles down at the middle school track where there are some honeysuckle blooming right now.  That is a nice sweet smell!  I have one outside my front door too.

Mike is amazing, isn't he?

Think I will run tonight, body was not wanting to get out running this am.

Happy Birthday Jay!

Have a fun trip Leslie!

I might buy my lunch today - fridge was pretty empty.  I almost never buy my lunch - such a penny pincher I am.  So It's a treat when I do.  We might be hiring another person in my group - so that will be good - my boss will have someone else to, ah, er, boss around. :P

Have great runs all!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No running for me today, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I did stop in at the Nutmeg Marathon to say good morning to Mike.  I had a site visit just south of where they were running, so thought I'd just pop in.  I figured at the pace he was likely running, I would only have to wait 15 minutes at the most.  And just about 15 minutes after i arrived at the start/finish, here he came:

Not a great picture, but as you can see, it was a swiftly moving target.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday Jay!

Go Mike!

Busy at work so that's all I have time for.....

5 miles for me this morning in 46 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody?

Thank you, so much, for dropping by, Stumpy!  I needed something to pick me up and seeing you did the trick.

So--4 down and, yes, 1 to go...it is a challenge, after all.

Today, I did 3:22:16 and finished in 2nd place.  The winner was only doing this one, so he had much fresher legs to make

it up a tough hill that we had to climb 12 dang times!  It was kind of cool, though, all the race volunteers and the people who have done the previous 3 were cheering me on and rooting for me to beat the kid.  Now, how can I not go spend another day with those people?

Okay--gotta get to Massachusetts!

....mike//.......you are an ANIMAL....

Purple Dancing Banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

..............Amazing Racing

===========

.....40-min PoolRum, nb,cf,ris

................good running guys

ETA-

HAPPY B"DAY JAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpp5LEEaj0

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Jay, happy birthday.  Mike, I'm in awe.  Four down and all under 3 1/2 hours.  Wishing you the best on #5.

This morning, it was about 40 when I went out, calm, and about 50 when I finished.  The good part is that I did 7 miles which is my longest run since last Oct.  The down part is that my pace was 12:02 which is my slowest since last Dec.  I'm ok with the trade off.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Sayhey! MM#130

They're little racewalking  cake penguins, stopping by to wish you a Happy Birthday, Jay!

Just gobsmacked by Mike, one more to go, Ironguy!

I'm really enjoying that gardenia.  Hmmm....good idea, Jay!

Don't CLean the house, Jlynne--go put up your feet and relax!

Got my boarding pass!  Also got a note from Delta telling me to get to the Atlanta airport 2 or 3 hours before my plane leaves.  Of course, I'm getting to Atlanta on another Delta flight out of FM, so I'm going to let Delta worry about it all.

So I prolly don't have to tuck any cheese in my travel food bag for tomorrow, right?

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Got my boarding pass!  Also got a note from Delta telling me to get to the Atlanta airport 2 or 3 hours before my plane leaves.  Of course, I'm getting to Atlanta on another Delta flight out of FM, so I'm going to let Delta worry about it all.

So I prolly don't have to tuck any cheese in my travel food bag for tomorrow, right?

grins,

A

Has everyone been watching the national news the last few nights on all of the TSA problems? And how they want you at the airport AT LEAST 3 hours for an international flight? Yes, international flight! And the lines at Chicago O'Hare at like 3:30 in the morning??? People missing flights and saying bad things on television? Total chaos, and good luck to all of you fine people traveling tomorrow.

And that's a big NO on the cheese Aamos! Been cooking up a storm here this afternoon. You guys better come hungry!

evanflein

Good grief, Mike, those are some incredible times for sequential marathons. Heck, I'd like one of those times for a stand alone marathon! I should warn everyone to not get used to those times. I think the Green Bay crew will really bring down the averages around here (well, except for Amy of course).

Our little airport gets a bit of a line, but nothing much. Hey, we rarely have two planes there at the same time! Our flight leaves at 5:50 and I have a 3 pm meeting I told them I'd be leaving early. DH will probably come get me around 4 or 4:15, the airport is about 7 minutes away. Yes, we're spoiled. And once you're in the secure zone, it's more a matter of your connections being on time like Amy said. Let Delta worry about it.

When I came back from San Diego last week, there was one person in front of me at security at about 4 pm. No lines to be seen, anywhere.

Jay, happy birthday (belated?). The Rugosa roses are used in landscaping here and yes they look similar to the wild roses. But the wild roses are a different species and we harvest rosehips from them later in the summer. Well, some people do. I don't.

Sunny and beautiful here today! I got out for a lunchtime run of 4.5 miles, picking up the pace a bit each mile, last half mile as at 7:45 pace. That's it for the speed work for me.  Now just finishing up some stuff at work before we hop on that plane!

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy travels to all of you who are traveling!  So this is the big Green Bay meet up?

Happy marathon #5 tomorrow, Mike!

I ran my first 20 miler today since I've been rehabbing my stress fracture.  That was TOUGH!   This "couch to 50k" plan ain't for sissies!  At least I had company for the first 16.5 miles, since I joined up with my ultra women's group this morning.  I'm hoping for one more 20+ miler next week, before the race.  If the next one is as hard as today, I might bail on the race.  Races are never much fun when you're undertrained anyway.  I just figure I paid my registration fee, and it's non refundable, non transferable, and not good for next year's race, so I might as well at least show up and eat the food I've paid for!  :-)   And they have beer at the finish line barbecue!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Jlynne, I'm jealous of your meetup.

Jay, I hope your day was greta.

Amy, you're a gem.

We're pulling for you, Wildchild.

SteveP