Masters Running

Sunday JAN 6th Boomaster Runs (Read 678 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

CNYrunner, you are my inspiration! Maybe I will be able to run that far one day (not even THINKING about speed, though!).
    bap

Congratulations Bill! That's a great PR Wink {{{Lou}}} No running today on the advice of my chiropractor. Hopefully I'll get the chance to run on Monday. I'm sitting in my hotel in London watching the NFL playoffs. Go Giants! In the absence of any running I thought that I would analyze Friday's long run. Time Elv Ch HR 1 9:21 -07 121 (67.2%) 2 8:52 +39 133 (73.9%) 3 8:35 +32 137 (76.1%) 4 8:28 -26 137 (76.1%) 5 8:40 +35 140 (77.8%) 6 8:25 -23 138 (76.7%) 7 8:45 +12 137 (76.1%) 8 8:26 -37 136 (75.6%) 9 8:22 -30 138 ( 76.7% )

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

Breger...very nice race...congratulations on the fine pacing, 3rd AG, and PR! Wa5yom, I didn't get out the door soon enough today. It was 72F when I started what was to be a 14 miler. 2:25 minutes later at the end of 13 miles it was 78...I called it quits. From mile 9 on it was a struggle. Avg. pace was 11:13 I believe. LaVitaDolce.....are you saying that somebody did a remake of Barney Fife's "Santa Lucia"? That is a classic! One of my favorites (Barney's version)! enkephalin...."My endorphin soaked brain had a vision of utopia once, and it involved no cars and everyone running or biking around all day. There were water fountains along every block, only athletic clothes in the department stores and healthy burrito chains instead of McDonalds. Everyone was super friendly and mellow too and we all lived long lives." "You may say I'm a dreamer. Well, I'm not the only one" Good Master runs to all!
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Mariposai

My girls only ski trip was canceled today due to the icy roads and trails. OH well... I had the chance to run 10 miles on the mill instead. Dear son #1 just left to go back to college. It was bitter sweet to see him go. I most likely won't see him again until April hah. WRB- what is going on with the knees? Wise move to not run the LR you had planned. Tall- glad to hear that "the meeting" went OK. I was actually thinking and sending you guys good vibes last night. Jut take it easy with your girls. Congrats Bill on your PR and 3rd place.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

4 sloooooooow miles today after yesterday's "long run". we have travel days ahead this week (flying to hawaii on friday, but over to the west side earlier), so i'm trying to get the miles in while i can. good runs, susan
            wildchild

Carolyn

Am I the only one besides Erika who doesn't have balmy weather? It's in the 20s and snowing here in Colorado. Still nice weather for running, though. I ran 3 hilly miles with my two dogs. After reading about all the long runs today I feel lazy that I didn't go farther! Oh, well, someone's got to be the underachiever, might as well be me.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Me

Hello Everyone, I looked at my log this morning and realized that I had blown off two of my runs so far this week. So, I had a little extra incentive to get outside for my run. Plus it was 50 degrees out. Shocked 6 miles in 1:01. I overdressed for the run. It's kind of funny, I know what to wear when it's 50 out, but I just had to put on my jacket. Oh well. cheers Mike
                  evryday...the temps sure came up today...nice....but we aren't use to it anymore...besides it has been sooo cold//// it is supposed to get cold again....

Top 'O the World!

Wildchild: where are you in CO?? It's still 36* here in Littleton....was up to 44 during my verrry muudddy Lone Tree run....The Mtns sure look icky @ times though!
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Mariposai}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Your PR list is very impressive Holly. That DRCC half marathon is my favorite 13.1. I ran it in 2005 and although I had a bad day, the event itself is great. I may be there again in 2008.
                        Thanks. That race actually comes within a mile of my house at the halfway point. I expect I'll be there next year - maybe I'll see you. The picture in my profile was taken at that race this year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr.Ribs and Dark Horse,your chess talk is fascinating,do you mind if I ask your ranking? My running partners son is doing quite well locally at the middle school level with a 1258,just thought I'd ask since you sound like competent veterans...
                          lyndenrunner, Good luck to his kid, who is obviously smart. Since you asked: Back in the day I peaked at a 2174 rating, and I used to eat chess masters for breakfast. I would have been one myself if I had kept at it. But family and kids came along, I could no longer take time to read chess books and hang out with my chess buds, and gradually it all went south. A couple of years ago, after 20 years above a 2000 rating (Expert level), I sank below that line and now sit at 1982. Last Wednesday night I gave up a draw to a 1586-rated kid, so that will drop me a few points lower.... A lot of people say a decline in chess rating is inevitable as you get older and your brain slows down. Well, it's not. What actually happens is that people acquire other obligations that take precedence, like job and family. Also other interests, like running for example, will take away from your time available for chess. It's all part of becoming a broader and more balanced person, in my opinion. In 2007, after many years away from serious chess and very little preparation, I played in the All Army Chess Championship and Inter Service Chess Championship and performed respectably in both events. I could be better than before if I wanted to. Dark Horse
                          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            DARKHORSE i was talking with Rich/Merrimack Strider and he said he's been trying to get in touch with you so e-mail him or give him a call when you can - promised i'd pass along the message!!
                            Denise, Thanks for passing along the message. I don't have his email or phone number, and I don't know what town he lives in so I can't look him up. If you are in touch with Rich, please ask him to call me in Newburyport. I'm in the phone book. Thanks again. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              ray, that's a heck of a nice workout. could you wrap up a few of those miles and fed ex to me for my sunday race? Smile after nothing but protein and fat down the hatch today, i think i bonked cleaning up my dd's room. got slower and slower, then finally had to take a nap. sheessshhh.

Hill Runner

A late run for me today, lots of yard work to do. 10 miles of hills @ 8:43 pace. Nice running everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13