Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/23 (Read 591 times)

Point to Ponder: OK...so if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the "Jags" and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the "Bucs",  what does that make the Tennessee Titans ?

Fleet Feet and Safe Runs, My Friends ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 8 miles w/strides ----------------------------------------- 8 miles w/strides

Tues - 3+; core/strength ---------------------------------------- 3 miles; 40 min core/strength

Wed - Travel to Conference

Thurs - Crap Shoot/Conference ------------------------------ 14 miles along the American River, Sacto

Fri - Crap Shoot/Conference

Sat - Crap Shoot/Conference --------------------------------- 3.15 miles; 40 min core/strength

Sun - Travel Home

Totals: 28.15 miles, 80 min core/strength

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LOL!  Sorry to hear about that conference Leslie.  I hope you can get in a few miles on the hotel TM at least.

Sneaking back in here under the radar to post on the x-training group.  Hopefully this will keep me honest and going to the gym.  I am back running a bit, but only three days a week right now and trying to keep up with my PT.  After a knee blow out last fall, no running for several months and an inconclusive MRI, plus several months of PT, I'm still dealing with some knee issues and trying to build up the strength in my right knee and leg.  Back running off an on for a month or two now, but hoping to slooowly increase.  So, this week:

Monday - 30 mins on the ellptical and some weights (done)

Tuesday - 5 miles w/strides (done)

Wednesday - off (check)

Thursday - 30 mins on the elliptical and weights (done)

Friday - 6 miles easy (done)

Saturday - 25 minutes walking on the TM and some PT exercises (done)

Sunday - 10 miles easy (done)

Meg

Once a runner . . .

dg.

Meg, it's so good to 'see' you!!!      : ).
          evanflein

Meg! Woohoo! So good to see you back here! I was thinking about you the other day when running on a windy day, knowing how much you love wind and all... I hope your knee is on the road to recovery and you'll be back to running blazing fast again soon.

Monday: prowling around the greenhouse for just the right seedlings.... helping DH pack for his trip in evening

Tuesday: 5.7 miles progressive pace run in 46 minutes at lunchtime (8:03 avg pace), .45 mile walk

Wednesday: 10.1 miles on rolling hills with strong winds (bleh!), .37 mile walk c/d

Thursday: All day in Anchorage for meetings (non-restful rest day, I guess)

Friday: 5.6 miles run, .6 mile walked

Saturday: 18.6 miles run, 1.37 walked

Sunday: 11 miles run, .68 mile walked

Totals: 51 miles run, 3.5 miles walked, 2 rest days. Not a bad week after all!

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Leslie: 5 days missing because of the conference? Oh you poor thing

Meg: hi!

Erika: hi to you too

Had my follow up appt. yesterday: I have 25% vision in my R-eye at the moment. They expect it to improve to 100%, but it may take up to a year. They won't adjust my glasses / contact lenses for another two months.

Back to work this week. Only for a few hours a day to start with, cause my L-eye has to take over most of my vision which will be tiring and cause headeaches (and my job is 90% reading). The L-eye (and my brain) will get used to the new situation in a few weeks.
              No running for another two weeks Am allowed to start again 1st week of June with a few easy kilometers and only every other day. Then build from there. I'm gonna scratch my September/October races so I won't feel pressured into running high mileage weeks and only do the 10 mile Dam-to-Dam cause I already signed up for it (company team). And 10 miles in September shouldn't be a problem.
              I am allowed to do strength training and yoga as of now though. So I'll start with that

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Well, I guess that's good news, right? Can't believe it'll take up to a year to get your vision back! That seems like a long time. Glad you've been released to do something... I'd go stir crazy mad being restricted to nothing.

A conference to learn how to shoot craps????    Count me in!!

jdmom......looks like you didn't quite make it in under the radar.    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I remember you.  I'm evryday....hello.  Welcome back! 

mon...............6miles...........5miles

tues...............9miles...........8miles

wed...............rest

thurs..............rest

frid.................6miles

sat.................3miles

sun................12miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Thanks Erica and dg and thanks for the welcome Evryday and Dutchie.   Dutchie, sounds like you are going through some sort of vision issues?  I hope that you are healed soon.  Sounds like you have a date to start running again at any rate.  I am taking it slow  with the return to running and keeping it at three days a week at least for the next few months.  I am wary about running two days in a row until I'm able to build up the strength in my right leg and knee.  That's what all the PT is for and I think it's helping. 

Anyway, good to be back albeit not all the way. 

Meg

Once a runner . . .

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back from me. too, Meg.  Although I will note that your comeback level is where I hope to be in a few weeks.

Monday:  yoga.  Done

Tuesday:  4.5 miles.  5 miles done

Wednesday:  X-T.  35 minutes building Lake Eliptical

Thursday:  4.5 miles.  Only 3.2 due to intestenal distress.

Friday:  rest

Saturday:  X-t.  1 hour pump class + 1.5 with max.

Sunday:  7 miles.  7.8 miles--longest run yet.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Hey everyone.  Thanks for starting us off again Leslie.  Nice quote...

Monday:  1 hour of Free weights in PM.

Tuesday:  15 min core work-out 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild/light stretch.  PM - 5.04 miles on dreadmill at 7:49 pace.  Breaking in new shoes.

Wednesday: 15 min core work-out 140 push-ups [40, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild/light stretch. a
                        Afternoon UB free-weights.  PM - 1600m warm-up then 6X400m intervals, best time 6:30 pace followed by 800 m cool-down.  Total mileage: 4.26 miles.

Thursday:  15 min core work-out 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30,30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild/light stretch. PM- 3.5 mile easy shirtless run @ 7:59 pace mid afternoon.  Temps were @ 79F. 

Friday: 15 min core work-out 140 push-ups [50, 40, 30,20], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild/light stretch

Saturday: 15 min core work-out 120 push-ups [30, 30, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds ; mild/light stretch.  45 min Free weights and weight machine work-out at hotel fitness center; 4 sets of pull-ups, 20 min on elliptical.

Sunday: 15 min core work-out 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds ; mild/light stretch, 3.44 mile run temps in low 40's @ 8 min pace. 

16.3 miles, 850 push-ups, 1.5 hrs core excercises; 1.5 hrs free weight, 20 min elliptical

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dutchie42

My butt is spreading as wide as the bars in my graph now , thank you Erika Anyone know of any no-impact cardio besides (shadow) boxing and biking? Swimming is out because of the microbes in the water, goggles or no goggles.

Meg: I've had surgery for a retinal detachment in my R-eye. Which is why I have to wait till June before I'm allowed to run again. Take care of that leg. And you'll be running more days and more miles before you know it

I'll be biking to work and using dvd workouts for the next two weeks (and walking the dogs occasionally).

Mon: follow up appt at hospital

Tue: Muscle Max including abs (Cathe F., 60 minutes) and biked to work

Wed: MMA Boxing (Cathe F., 30 minutes) and Killer Abs (Michael O., 15 minutes). No soreness after a 3 week lay off. Isn't that weird? Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow.

Thu:feeling exhausted, rest day.

Fri: Muscle Max again, no abs

Sat: started my vegetable garden in containers on my 2nd floor balcony facing southwest: surinam peppers, chili peppers, purple paprika (bell pepper?), red ice berg salad, broccoli, cucumbers, zuchini, basil and spring onions. Will do eggplant, carrots, cilantro and tomatoes too as well as blue berries, strawberries and raspberries. Anyone have suggestions what else I could try? I read potatoes can be done in containers too. This is the first year I'm doing this, so it'll be hit and miss I think. Hauling the pot soil up as well as the containers will just have to do for a work out today.

Walked the dogs twice for about 45 minutes each time.

Sun: started with weeding in the back garden at 5AM in my PJs, yes it's ridiculous. As well as cutting down a kind of viney plant that was overgrowing my garden shed. Sweaty work that was. Then did Pyramid LB and UB (Cathe F., 60 min) plus abs. And walked the dogs for about 45 minutes. Actually, must have taken a bit longer than that cause it was a 5K loop. Probably more like 60 minutes.

Run: 0

Bike: 13K

UB: 3x

LB: 2x

Abs: 3x

Cardio (boxing): 1x

Dutchie

evanflein

Dutchie, I've been trying to think of how you can be doing boxing with your restrictions?? I guess you're avoiding head punches... but still. Boxing?? I'd be doing elliptical and biking... probably just stationary bike to avoid "bumps" in the road.
                            Dutchie42

Erika: it's shadow boxing, so you're not hitting anything (like a heavy bag) or anyone. I'm not sparring either, just "hitting" air Though my boys are fed up with the "no rough play" lately. As am I.

I'm not allowed to do real boxing ever again, or full contact martial arts. Not that I've done any of that in recent years, but now that I'm not allowed, I want to... Go figure.

Oh, the elliptical... I have one tucked away in a small room, barried under stuff we no longer use or want.

Dutchie

Thanks for the welcome back Stumpy!   I'm itching to run more but am scared of the consequences of that so trying to be uber patient.  I'm definitely not back to 100% but the continued PT exercises seem to be helping.  It is at least good to know that there is nothing really wrong with my knee aside from being old and worn out! 

Dutchie, I hope your recovery goes quickly.  I too would recommend the elliptical! Dig it out!!

Meg

Once a runner . . .