Masters Running

Sore Leg Sunday August 12 (Read 341 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Erika - great dancing!  You're way braver than I am for doing that!

Nice racing for Mike and Ryan, and Dove!

I did a 21 mile run today, up to Heart Lake, which is above treeline and just below the continental divide, at 11,400 ft.  I couldn't decide if I should do a dirt road run, which would allow a faster pace and maybe be better marathon training, or a trail run, which would be at a slower pace but more fun and scenic.  So I did half and half.  The first and last 5 on a dirt road, and the middle 11 on single track trail. Have I ever mentioned that  I love summertime in Colorado? 

You can kind of see why it's called Heart Lake - I couldn't get the whole lake in the picture without climbing higher.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Congratulations, Dove!!  Way to go!

Nice moves,  Erika.  I watched without sound, which gives things a whole 'nother dimension.  Wink

Wildchild - 11,400 feet????????????  Holy carperoni.  When ya running Leadville?  Or Hardrock?? Big grin

5 miles after church this morning.  I'm very pleased with my pace of 9:44, which is a snail pace.

Got an email this evening from the local young guy I met up at Mt. Hood asking me to pace him for a portion of Pine to Palm.  I feel honored, but a pacer for a 100-mile event, I am not.  I'm doing my best to point him in the right direction to look for someone.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Bushrat Runner

Wow, the people on this board amaze me. 

Spent my day teaching an employee river jet boat skills on the Savonoski River. Challenging but fun. Tomorrow is slated for our run. I'm grateful that Tet is prepared to cover the needed worrying allocation, as I don't actually recall whether my mother knows about this or not. My wife does though.

SteveP

wonderful Dove.

Very cool you MikeE and Ryan.

I spent most of the weekend working on the truck. I thought it was in good shape, but man, did I open Pandora's box.The dogs and I got 3+ in while DW was at DD#3's bridal shower. DW, Tag and I went for another couple when she got home.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Spent my day teaching an employee river jet boat skills on the Savonoski River.

You have the coolest job....Smile

Carolyn - I love the places you run!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

You have the coolest job....Smile

I don't actually recall whether my mother knows about this or not.

My wife does though.

and the coolest wife, . .. I think

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)