Masters Running

Monday, Monday. 01 June 2009 (Read 374 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

65° F

56% relative humidity

3.5 miles

Today is the day.

The first day of a new month.

Go make it a good one.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Renee the dog

Busy day of goofing off yesterday after a morning of rain and churchgoing.  Yesterday was first beach day for the whole family.  Renee and I got an evening run in -- as we made our turn to get on our normal route, we were treated to a beautiful summer sunset (sun's in the right place for summer!)    Good stuff!

Good runs to all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

Oh I love it.   Rose is starting the daily!!!  Smile.   

'morning Rosie,  and everyone else.

Ok, let's make it a good month.

I hope to catch up later. 

Perch it is so good to have you back!!!

Saturday & Sunday.... Sat. was 5.02 miles, 10:01 pace.

Sunday 37F & windy, but IRQ because it was sunny & beautiful. 8.05 miles, 9:57 av. & 8:00 max pace. ahr is getting a little better, 159.   Today's trip report... to avoid a splinter goose gang I thought I'd be smart & cut off the path through the grass around the bench.  All was well until I met a hole in the ground that was hidden by the grass.  I think the geese dug it just before I got there.

Rest day today.

Happy June!

Today I did the unthinkable and ran on a Monday.  8 miles at 8:32 pace.  Is that pace not grooved or what?    Everything seems more or less fully recovered.

Thanks to everyone for the comments in my RR.  I was so glad to see that MS knew about that bench.  I was almost giddy when I saw it and made DW take a U-turn so I could get the picture.  (The other cars on the road weren't so giddy.)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Good morning Masters on this stormy 1st day of June !

Swim for me this am......after a beer drinking, sun soaked 38 miler on the bike yesterday. My shoulders are terribly burnt......don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Ready to hit it hard this week........lots to accomplish in both training, work and personal life......Out of town next week for more Robot training.

Wishing great runs and good fortunes to all !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning.

I got out for a 7 miler yesterday morning, which is my longest run in a few weeks.   Last night my daughter indulged me by going for a bike ride with me too.    This morning I had planned on a run, but the rain convinced me to stay in bed for another hour.  (oh darn!)     I was able to get a few more, much needed Zzzzz's.   My energy level and ambition is so low lately.   I am hoping that with my diet change, vitamins and getting back into my running groove, that things will change.

Today I have to make a point of reading Byll's race report.

Saturday I said good bye to puppies all day.   Hailey is doing great with them gone, and acting like a puppy herself.   I let her into the pole barn a couple of times just so she can make sure that everything is okay and no puppies were left out there.

So, I close this post with one final picture of Hailey saying good bye to one of her babies:

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

3 super EZ miles this morning after my weight workout (squats, bench, hang power cleans). all with a brutal head cold, but glad I toughed it out.

Had a fantastic group run Saturday morning. Run started slow and my shin just wouldn't feel good and I got way behind the group. Finally, I just said to myself "F*#! it!, I'm airing it out." and I picked up to about a 10K pace or so; about 2 minutes per mile faster than my EZ pace. I did this for about a mile. It. felt. awesome. I caught up to the group and the ache in my right shin was gone. First time in months that I got into that running zone where everything clicked. I don't know whether I knocked some scar tisue loose or what but the pain in my shin is gone. I guess all I needed to do was get in a little tempo work. Total for Saturday's run was about 5 miles (first time breaking 5 since January) at about a 9:08 pace altogether.

So the 3 EZ this morning felt just fine, no shin issues. Just my throat, nose and head feeling like crap. Plan for an easy 4 or 5 tomorrow morning if the cold permits. Good runs to eveyone this am.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hey Mary, I hope you find your mojo.

Deeg, Those pesky geese are out to get you.

a little warmer and less humid

Walked 4 miles with Veta Louise Simmons, mighty schnauzer.

So that's 7.5 miles of locomotion for me. (You gotta swing your hips now, Come on, jump back....la la la)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mariposai

3 magical miles just for Perch today.  It is so good to have him back with us.

I am glad the weekend is over. This was a busy on call weekend for me, I still have one more night of being on call to endure.

Teresa, congratulations on the 23 years!

Carolyn, your hills make mine look wimpy. A consistent dosage of those hills will make you a speedster in flatter areas.

fatozzig, careful with the calf. I hope it behaves better for you this week.

Erika, look at you sistahhh...already raking in 43 miles this past week.!!!! you are amazing...can't wait to see you in Seattle.

Twocat, I so admire your patience and good attitude toward your DL.

Hi Rosie.

I am so proud of the Saint. She not only ran a race, but she ran to and from the race as well. She is looking so good.

Cranium, how is old daddy doing?

SRLopez, did you make it back home? What a stressful trip you had on the way down there. Great racing...what a way to include a training plan with frequent marathons.

Tetsujin, I sure hope you are having the time of your life in Japan. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nice sunny day here... but I think it's a "rest" day. Well, a work-in-the-garden-after-work day, actually. Gotta get it finished before we leave for the soccer tournament on Thursday!!

Those were some awfully cute puppies, Mary. Must be hard to see them go (but then again I can understand the work they can be so maybe not so hard...).

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mary, what a cute photo!  I'm glad Hailey is happy.

Beautiful day here!  RP and I ran a slow 5 miles, but it was a good run because she felt great afterwards!  The best I've seen her do in awhile.

Now I'm dealing with an empty oil tank (shouldn't have happened since we're on auto fill) and defective new cell phone.  Everything happens at once!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!

It does feel great to run.

3 Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie in 31:51 (10:37, AHR 149). Same weather as Rosie.

Getting the hang of running with two dogs.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

King of PhotoShop

Perch, I have run a couple of times with Lucy, but just holding a leash in one hand throws off my balance somehow and I just never feel quite comfortable.  don't know how the rest of you do it.

4.4 slow (magical?) recovery miles for me after yesterday's race, then a full flex and core workout at the Y.

Mary that is a very nice picture.  

SRL, well done on your marathon; that's a good time given how many you run.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!  Or, I guess, afternoon now.  Early morning ortho appointment for DS has thrown my day off slightly.

Dg – Another trip?  Ouch!  I encountered a huge gang of geese twice on my run today, but just barged through them and they parted to let me through.  Mostly just bachelors, I think, as the baby geese were closer to the river.

Breger – me, too!

Mary – kind of bittersweet.  Do any of the owners ever bring the puppies back later for a visit?

EGH3 – good news!

9 easy-paced miles for me this morning with 100m striders at random intervals, something like 12-15, but I wasn’t really paying attention. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dear me, I have to go catch up and read some back posts.  Today is the year anniversary of D's SCA at Steamboat Springs.  We're both feeling reflective and we wanted to once again thank you all for the time and energy you spent helping us along during that very difficult time.

Not only do I plan to make today a good one, I'm in for the entire month.  Whatever happens, you can at say "at least it's June."  I mean, a headache in January is just worse than one in June, right?

grins,

A

I did feel a pang for Hailey......anyone see Peanuts this morning?

ps: Still morning here and for Erika, Mari, Stevie Ray, tet, etc., etc.

Masters 2000 miles