Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD w/e AUG 10TH (Read 185 times)

Summer is just flying by... Duchie42-57K...nice week evanflein-57.5 miles + walking...NEW WEEKLY PR!! eliz-4.3 miles + 15 bike + 12 hours Kayaking fatozzig-15.5 miles + lots of strength and core lyndenrunner-61 miles nowor-3 miles + core + yoga...back spasms OUCH!! pfriese-28.2 miles + 93.3 bike...great job tetsujin-31.7 miles...and lots of Seafair tapering
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:38 Tue-Off Wed-8@8:25 Thur-8@7:47 Fri-5@8:08 Sat-4@8:32 Sun-20@8:03 Total=50 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Hi Gordon, and everyone else checking in later Big grin Mon .... 3.4K recovery run (doggie fun run). Spike was in sniff&digg mode. And a bike commute. Tue..... 10.1K sort of progressive plus a bike commute Wed.... 3K warm up, 8x185 meter intervals with 185 meter recoveries, and a 1,4K cool down (adds up to about 7.4K). After a bit of breakfast, added a 30min lb w/o and a thorough stretch. Even foam rolled my calves. Thu.... unplanned rest day because of heavy rains all day and thunder storms Fri...... A fantastic 14.2K@6:43/K average pace. Gorgeous morning Big grin And I took a Krav Maga class. There's weird people (read: men) about this Summer when I go running early morning. After this mornings weirdo, I decided I needed to learn some defence/attack techniques. And with Krav Maga, you learn fast! Sat.... 8.5K easy with Spooky. After that a friend and I went to Amsterdam and walked around for hours, rummaging thru junk markets and antique shops. Sun... postponed my long run till tomorrow. It was raining and I just wasn't feeling the love enough this morning to get wet. Total: 43.7K

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Hello, Everyone! Mon - 5.11 miles w/6 one-minute strides at the 2-mile mark for a total time of 54:10 = 10:37 pace. (Time includes 45 seconds rest between each and at end of strides) Tues - 45 minutes stationary bike, 45 minutes core/strength Wed - 5-mile progression run. 10:18 av pace. Last .20 or so miles clocked around a 7:42-7:45 pace. Big grin Thurs - Fri - Traveling to Bay Area to crew for a friend running the Headlands Hundred - her first 100 miler! Shocked Sat - Crewing at HH Sun - Crewing at and Recovering from HH

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Monday - slept in; still bushed from running and paddling yesterday; biked 17.3 miles Tuesday - ran 5 miles; walked 1.5 miles; paddled 2-1/4 hours Wednesday - bushed and feeling flu-ey; led a beach walk then rested Thursday - driving home to PA and back to the shore with three appointments in between, so no exercise Sad Friday - ran 4.4; walked 1.2 (waited until 11:00 to get out there - way too hot!); kayaked 1-1/2 hours Saturday - paddled a little over 2 hours - hard for a little over an hour against the wind and the tide; mostly just steering on the way back in! Sunday - hoping to get a run in this afternoon between thunderstorms Shocked (later) nope, thunderstorms all afternoon and evening kept me indoors Sad Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Cutback week with half marathon on Saturday.... Monday: Took a rest day again Tuesday: 5.5 miles at 8:20 avg pace, .33 mile walk c/d Wednesday: 6.2 hilly miles, 8:12 avg pace Thursday: 5.42 miles on the TM, progressive pace ending with HM pace; 1 mile walk Friday: doodley squat day, even took the day off work!! Saturday: Half Marathon, new PR of 1:41:19, plus w/u and c/d for 15.1 miles for the day Sunday: 11 miles at 8:21 avg pace, .5 mile walk c/d 43.2 running miles, about 2 miles walking, and misc. housecleaning!!
              pfriese

I've been up in the PNW for most of the week. Wasn't sure how much running I would get in. Anyways, just now reporting in. M - 5.4 miles running - done T - rest W - rest Th - travel F - 6.8 miles running - done S - rest S - 12.0 miles running - done ________________________________________________ Total - 24.2 miles running - DONE Paul
                nowor

Company for week and lots of rain, but my back is much better. Mon-4 mi Wed-5 mi Thurs-Gym workout AM, yoga PM Fri-2 mi Sun-yoga Summary: 11 mi + yoga Dutchie-Be safe Fatozzig- Great crewing for your friend...100 miler...wow