Masters Running

Sub Zero Saturday 12/07 Daily (Read 31 times)

20F start of run, 26F at the end.  5 trail miles.  No problem, it was fine.  It is just so nice to see the sun sometimes, the cold hardly matters.

Ran with door#7, and he runs the same pace as me which is awesome.

Door#8 runs too, I fear I am going to have to make a decision here soon.......you can guess what that is.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hey Jlynne! I thought you retired last April? What's this about working two jobs? Or was that Marj who retired. But I thought you were, too... I'm so confused.

I did retire Erika. But then I realized with the hit we took when the stock market crashed a few years ago and that DH's pension goes away if/when he's no longer with me, it seemed prudent to keep working. Living on social security would be a little rough, though I'm sure my kids would take me in (can you say live-in babysitter? Big grin)

Sorry I didn't see Jay's post this AM.  Froze our arses off getting the tree and it's up - but not decorated.

Nice splits Deez.

Great streak, tselbs.

Enjoy the snow Tammy. And Doors #7 and 8 Enke!

Mike E

MM #5615

I decided to go ahead and post over here...I wouldn't want to play favorites...

Enke--I say take your time deciding and have some fun.

Tammy--it looks like you might need a shovel.

TomS--nice age group win!

It's 2 below, here, so I went 8 miles on the treadmill...watching the Baylor/Texas game made it go by fast.  I used to run in any weather...I've become a wimp in my old age.

Okay--I gotta go.

evanflein

Well Jlynne, that makes sense. And I know you're not alone in making that decision.

I know it's cold in the Seattle area because when we came in late Thursday night the temperature was 30° which is pretty chilly for there. Sounds like it's continued to drop with the temps enke posted, wow that is cold for you guys! Mike is right, have fun and take your time. Nice to have "running options" to choose from!

29° and partly cloudy so the setting sun cast a pretty pink glow on the clouds for my run. 8.5 miles with some pretty hilly parts. The freezing rain we had earlier left a light coating of ice everywhere, but on the plowed bike path and roadsides the footing was pretty good, and crunchy! Felt good to get out there even though my back is still complaining from that long plane flight the other night. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow, which will make it really slick out there so I might be on the TM tomorrow, but it was nice to get outside today.

Mariposai

Spareribs, I am so sorry to hear that the marathon has been canceled, but as you stated, it is the safest thing to do. I  must admit that I am also very sorry to not be able to read about the Spareribs and bregarcitos meeting.

Enkie, good luck with running with doors #7 and #8. Easy does it sister. Second and third and tenth times of running together is as much as important as the first and second runs together.

MikeE, thanks for posting here too Big grin

Erika, welcome back  home.

Jlynne, wise move re: retirement. I one of those whose work is my life mission, so...I can see myself until they kick me out of the symtem Clown  at age 90 because I would be doing the same work as a volunteer no matter what, so I must as well get paid for it Cool

I had a very exciting Friday night and Saturday.

Friday night: driving donated yard sales items to a local church for a yard sale and chili fee for Bobby, stage 4 rare cancer patient.

Today: up at 5 to make chili and corn bread for the masses.

Then out to the yard sale to work the sale. I must admit that my goal was to make at least $300 to cover half of their latest unexpected car repair. To my surprise we made nearly $750. An amazing amount of money for our poor community in such a cold winter day. I tell you, my community rocks!!!

Of course, I came home and celebrate the long hard work and very successful day with an 8 miles run on the TM. Minus 2F plus wind at night did not deserve my presence on the streets, so the TM was honored with my presence.

YEahhhh...Editor is back 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

I had a very exciting Friday night and Saturday.

Friday night: driving donated yard sales items to a local church for a yard sale and chili fee for Bobby, stage 4 rare cancer patient.

Today: up at 5 to make chili and corn bread for the masses.

Then out to the yard sale to work the sale. I must admit that my goal was to make at least $300 to cover half of their latest unexpected car repair. To my surprise we made nearly $750. An amazing amount of money for our poor community in such a cold winter day. I tell you, my community rocks!!!

You rock, too, Nancy - well done!

TomS - nice racing in the cold!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."