Masters Running

Thursday 9/27/18 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker tried some new orthos and is itching to get to Portland. Our dog got into something a few years ago. I mixed oragel with his ointment from the vet. She approved. Later, I've done the same for myself.

Jlynne working out with the village ladies at the YMCA.

AnneB is chillin' with the Cubs after she knocked 5 out of the park.

Pfriese puts in 10.97, proving that he's not in Seine overseas and making the rest of us a little jealous.

RunnerKSA cross-training with donut curls and shaking things up at the gym. I'd be there tinkering.

Shirley618 has us amused with his outstanding marathon results. Nice 4+ Joe.

Mrrun mixing up 5 miles.

Tetsujin209 is going nuts over his workouts.

(((((TammyinGP))))) I get it. I love how much closer I've become with some family members and high school friends over FaceBook. I still shake my head a lot.

Holly S. knocking out 4 on the dreadmill. I've told one niece, who has had a number of violations, that she has better things to spend her money on.

TwoCat is balancing some new work-outs while hosting the butterfly lady.

MikeE running with the high school big dogs and a couple of lone wolf miles.

Falconfixer got rinsed while running a nice pace.

Evanflein happy with a solid 8 and reminiscing about having a screw loose on her crown.

I got flustered just before 5PM and left a lot of stuff unfinished. My new assistant, J, is an idiot. He said he doesn't like paperwork. I told him that it's what he signed up for when he accepted the position. We had a couple of large window unloads and my boss asked if I wanted W or J to help me. I said that I'd like someone who will shut the #$@* up and get the job done. So..... he sent A over. Another semi pulls in while were halfway through one truck. J drives up on a fork lift that has nothing on the forks. Asked if I wanted him to see what the driver had. I said "yes please". J comes back with empty forks still and said the dude only had one pallet and drove away with empty forks.

I owe the cuss jar a lot of money. Every millage where the teachers can get a pay raise, I'm voting for twice. The school system needs to compete with the private sector for talent. I'm really wondering what kind of world we'll be leaving for Keith Richards.

On the(long) lighter-side, I've had to arrange for heavy freight to be picked up through our corporate offices. I always end the emails with "All weights and measures were taken in Eastern Standard Time". There's a number of special order beam, rafter and floor system fasteners that trickle back from job sites. Individually, it costs more to send them back then they are worth. Since I've been in the industry, we've collected them in shopping carts. Every six months or so we dump them. A few days ago I arranged a buy back with the supplier, if we pay the freight. It's less than $1,000 bucks, but of more than covers my time and it's more than we'd make sending them to a recycler. The person from corporate called me up and asked what in the world I was doing.  I told her and she replied that none of the other 400 properties she tends to has ever done that. Then she said, "All these years, I thought you were stupid".

DW and I are babysitting DD#2's dog, Honey. DW said she had a few places to get to after work and I needed to let the dogs out. So I left.

Who let the dogs out?

We got 2.25 in. I had to stop for one picture. I love witch hazel in bloom.

SteveP

Good morning Steve and those still doing stuff. Great video of the dogs! They look like the lead runners at the start of a race. And thanks for the recap.  I hope the company you work for knows what a gem of an employee you are.  Not many employees go over and above the call of duty like you do.

5 miles with my friend from the Y this morning. Pitch black at 5:00 AM, but awesome running weather. 49° with no wind and a big harvest moon in the sky. This is the best time of the year for running, IMO. Finished the run with 30 minutes of weights, core and good stretching.

Off to serve chicken pot pie, steamed green beans and diced peaches to the kiddles today. I suspect the lunch count will be WAY down

Have a great Thursday everyone!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Off to serve chicken pot pie, steamed green beans and diced peaches to the kiddles today. I suspect the lunch count will be WAY down

Have a great Thursday everyone!

actually, that sound pretty good to me.  Although I don't know about quality.  no, never mind--I'd eat that anyway.

Not much in the way of running this week, due to weather, life, and the fact that DW and I went to the Red Sox last night and had lights out about 12:45am.  They had won the first game of a double header 19-3, but apparently kept nothing in reserve as they lost for us 10-3.   But if it was a soccer tournament, we would have won the aggregate.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quickadder

7.3 early morning miles. Started light drizzle just after I started, which made the 73 dew point not too bad and I got my pace down below 10mm. DD slow rode her bike again, but needs to start marathon training soon.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

Good morning

Yesterday was our 20th anniversary. Neither of us can believe we made it to 20 yrs. It hasn't been easy and sometimes still isn't but here we are celebrating 20.  and David surprised us both. I got a text from him last night saying "look under my nightstand for a surprise" - so both DH and I are thinking "oh boy, what food item did he forget under his nightstand" - - we looked and here he put a special anniversary message to us. So, not only did he remember our anniversary, which actually surprised us both, but he thought about it ahead of time and wrote something to us and hid it.

good thing we didn't get an appointment for our carpets to be cleaned until after our anniversary because otherwise we would have found it early when we moved all the furniture off the carpet - that happens on Monday. 

Will get in a run this afternoon but will likely have to settle for the TM at the gym. Should hit 95 this afternoon.

Tammy

Joe618

Fun summary, Steve, thanks for putting your wit into that, always makes me smile!!

Empty forks...good for a dieter, bad for a semi-unloader.   It's not a golf cart, it's a fork truck.   BTW, I'm getting a tour next Wednesday of Toyota's fork truck manufacturing facility near Columbus, Indiana...my fifth time through that plant, looking forward to it.

Got in 4+ early this morning.  Like others, very happy for the cool, weather.   Legs still stiff from the marathon.   Taking tomorrow off and hope to go long...we'll see what "long" turns out to be.

Rock the day, folks,

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

I'm really wondering what kind of world we'll be leaving for Keith Richards.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

Steve-have you considered stand-up fora new career and belated happy birthday.

4.2 along the Charles on a beautiful cool morning. Now that it’s dark early I usually wait until about 9 am to start my run unless  I have a class or medical appointment (a frequent occurrence at my age.).

Stumpy- didn’t they inform you that the Sox were resting their best hitters and using up their marginal relievers for the second game😋?

Dave59

Ran 8 miles this morning.  More liked jogged/shuffled/walked 8 miles but "ran" is a shorter word.

Happy anniversary Tammy. Very nice of your son to leave a message behind.

...Happy Anniversary tammy..........

============

took an Old Hiking Buddy

to the Y with me

he has been fighting Parkinsons' for several years now,

he got 10-min on the ARC Trainer,

and

finished off with 20-min on the Elliptical

then

he started doing lat-presses on the Universal

...........that's when I GRABBED him

''see if you can

Move tomorrow

before

you start getting Nuts on this Stuff''         I advised him

he did well

.......30-min for me on the ARC Trainer.........

plus

20-min xbike when I got home

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good stuff, Steve P.  Keith Richards lives in my state, and I live in his.  I think we are leaving things to Mick Jagger's heirs.  He's been a daddy in 6 or 7 different decades...

Yesterday - 8 miles on the TM in the cardio cinema while watching Loosies.  Interval day called for 4 x 1 mile at 7:45 pace.  Today - 7 "junk" miles outside at lunchtime.  Sunny, sixties, and low humidity.  52 minutes and change.  it's amazing how much quicker you get in low humidity.

evanflein

Hey, I love "junk" miles. I think they make up most of my running diet these days.

Thanks, Steve. That poor Honey looks like she's getting teased by Tag. And ditto what others say about your work ethic and how fortunate (and apparently unaware) your employer is.

Happy anniversary, Tammy! That's pretty sweet what David did. I can't imagine either of mine doing something like that (now my DIL, yes, but my boys? no). I can't believe you're hitting 95 degrees today!

We had frost on the windshield this morning. That's because it cleared off (finally!) and we had bright moon light for the first time in ages. Lose that cloud cover and the temperature drops, but I'm ok with that. I love seeing the sun out there! Will get out for a run this afternoon, probably after my 1 pm meeting wraps up.

Oh, I signed up for another marathon. Combination of good flight deals, DH needing more miles to hit "Gold" on our mileage plan and the availability of a marathon in a state I need that's close to Boston. https://marathons.ahotu.com/event/ocean-state-marathon-rhode-race

So, I'll be heading to Boston at the end of October in case anyone wants to get together!

anneb

Ha! There was absolutely NO chilling going on after the 7th inning. But, they did manage to win in 10. Still <ugh>. I don't like their chances if they end up in that weird wild card elimination game. Also, given the late hour, there was no run this morning, but it's a beautiful late summer day and I hope to get out after work.

AnneB is chillin' with the Cubs after she knocked 5 out of the park.

Happy anniversary Tammy! 20 years is a long time 

Anne

Joe618

Ha! There was absolutely NO chilling going on after the 7th inning. But, they did manage to win in 10. Still <ugh>. I don't like their chances if they end up in that weird wild card elimination game. Also, given the late hour, there was no run this morning, but it's a beautiful late summer day and I hope to get out after work.

We need Lester to pitch well tonight and send the Buccos back to Pittsburgh with a split.   Oy, what a fun final week to the season.   I'm both a Cubs and an A's fan, I'm enjoying baseball right now.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Happy Thursday Masters!!  Another triple threat from me today -- Spin class, Body Pump, then 2.6 mile run using a 4 min run/1min walk pattern today. Felt good running but right about now I wish it were bedtime!! I must be getting old!!

Took my mil out for lunch and a little shopping - she'd been cooped up in the house for 3 days and admits to getting cranky when that happens! We had a nice day together and she even drove around with me while I put gas in my car and we picked Maria up from the bus stop. So many changes for her I'm sure this must be difficult.

denise