Masters Running

Boomers Boxing Day Runs (Read 898 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Yay – Breger’s here! JJJessie – nice 22-miler yesterday! {{{hopeful mary}}} Speedplay day: 3.6 miles outside, which included 5 x 100m striders and 1 mile @ tempo, followed by these intervals on the treadmill: (1 min @ 6.2 mph(9:40)/2 min@ 7.6mph(7:53) x 6 1 min walk (1 min @ 6.2mph(9:40)/1 min @ 8.3mph(7:13) x 5 7 miles total My left hip was very sore today, ostensibly from my fall on the pavement Monday, although why it takes 2 days to become so sore, I have no idea. Annoyingly, I found that I did tear holes in the left elbows of the 2 tech shirts I was wearing. The fabric had twisted, so at first I didn’t see the tears. Drat! These two $50 shirts (UA and Hind mock-turtles) make up my standard below-freezing winter garb. Would it look really tacky if I sewed patches on them? I’m back at work today, so I’d better start working. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

seemomgo

It just seems right to have Roy starting the day off doesn't it??? And Breeger is here too! What a nice place to be. Another chilly morning, but blue skies overhead to shine on all of that white stuff that fell yesterday. We ended up with over a foot of snow for Christmas. It sure made for a peaceful and beautiful day! Lots of sledding and shoveling. Off to box all the Christmas stuff up and then down to the hospital to see mom. I am anxious to try my footpod with my garmin this morning on the treadmill...I will report back! Plan is 5 miles this morning. Enjoy your day!
        Good runs so far. Vista, as it turns out, PDR didn't give me more to do -- at least I don't remember her asking me to do anything -- uh, oh! Anyway my list is long enough. Smile 5 sproinky GA (target AHR 150) miles in chilly, almost raining, weather. Almost because it just started raining before I went out, but decided to hold off as I ran. Workout: 4.1 miles, 8:03/mi, AHR 150 Overall: 5.1 miles, 41:23 Have a great day!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

4.4 "Christmas Calorie burning" miles this morning. DS and family will be here this afternoon and we can start all over again. 2 Christmas dinners in 2 days! Yum!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Okay I did a stoopid thing - went out for a 4 miler - just couldn't help myself as I haven't run since last Saturday!! Came home to a chastising my my oldest DD and begged her not to tell MrHopeful! Sad Once I stopped coughing I ate 2 slices of coffee cake . . . . diet can always start tomorrow I suppose. Breger - I was searching aimlessly too on this site looking for everyone - happy that you found us!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

oh Mary. shaking head. before I started with my new PT I went for a nice run (at the gym) before she told me I couldn't. Wink now call the doctor. yay Peter's here! nice run as usual.. chocolate.. that reminds me of Skip. I wonder how he is. tw, that's ok. how could you have known? (krogers has those stupid cards anyway) btb, thanks for giving us such a nice welcome. I loved your run description.
                28 degees, no wind, clear sky and mostly clear pavement. 7 miles@8:40 pace felt very good on a post Christmas calorie burn. Holly tacky would be tossing those shirts when they still have lots of life left in them, just don't wear them on the runway any more.
                  I finally found everyone. I've been perusing the Forums on this site and could never find anything that resembled the Boomers. Just on a hunch, I clicked on User Groups and finally located everybody.
                  YO! KNUCKLEHEADS! Did anyone else see this post? How about putting Masters Running ON THE MAIN PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE SO PEOPLE CAN FIND US? Can I sell anyone a clue, real cheap? Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                  SteveP

Holly, I was happy it was very foggy today cause my tights clashed with my jacket and my Batman shirt. Which, by the way hung way down past the jacket. All of these were an incompatable shade against the Batman knit stalking stocking cap and totally made my shoes look horrid. 4.2 miles today.

SteveP

Seems like old times around here already. Almost too many posts ahead of me to comment on, but that because I was out running. Wink Roy: Glad to see that you found us all the way from England. It wouldn't be the same without you. Mary: we can give you some tips on your 305, but I wouldn't be much help on a Wii for sure! WRFB: We had heavy fog instead of your rain, but glad to see you got your run in. SteveP: Ditto on the fog. I actually missed a turn on the way out to the park today. I had my first run today with the running club that I will probably join. I really liked the others in my group -- it reminded me of what it would be like to run with a group of our Boomers. I was supposed to go out with a couple of guys running at my usual 9-9:30 pace, but since I didn't know anyone I just started running with a group that turned out to be more of an 8:30 pace. But I had no problem keeping up. There were four guys about my age or a bit younger, and two 40-something women. There was chatting and banter along the way that reminded me of the interactions in the forum here. We ran one 6-mile loop around a popular local metropark in 52:41 for an 8:43 average. It was 20F and very foggy all the way, but the footpath around the lake was clear and no ice. Good running everone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

Seems like old times around here already. Almost too many posts ahead of me to comment on, but that because I was out running. Wink Good running everone!
                        I wanted to say thanks to you for posting the Crim course. I never could tell much from the "official map" at the web site.

Too bad about your tech shirts Holly,that's a drag... Welcome aboard Breeger Byll... 8 nice and easy ones for me this morning at an 8:14 pace... Now I can enjoy my day off and improve my Wii golf score...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            Holly, sew 'em up. It's never light when you're out anyway! 2100 yds in the pool. Did an 800 in 13:51 using the pull buoy. Now I'm at work on a day off. Nice. At least it's quiet. Mark
                              My new Year's Res. is to try and post on the daily run thread more often, even tho I'm out here in MST! It's not 10 am yet so I'm waiting to see what the lunchtime conditions will be before I decide to hit the streets or the treadmill/elliptical at the gym. (Am nursing a little posterior tibialis stiffness). Greta to see ya, Brager! Wink grins, A ps: IF I get really ambitious, maybe I'll try the log here, altho I already bought my Luddite pen and ink running log for 2008!
                              Masters 2000 miles
                                Holly, I was happy it was very foggy today cause my tights clashed with my jacket and my Batman shirt. Which, by the way hung way down past the jacket. All of these were an incompatable shade against the Batman knit stalking stocking cap and totally made my shoes look horrid. 4.2 miles today.
                                I've always had a hard time "seeing" the bat on the batman symbol. Confused Instead, I see some really ugly looking mouth. Just curious--anyone else have this same figure-ground problem?? edited for: you have to go back to Steve's post to see his avatar, which is a batman symbol.
                                Masters 2000 miles