Masters Running

Thursday, April 29 - Get up and Run! (Read 501 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!

An easy-peasy 3 miler this morning.  10:40 / 10:19 / 10:13 - Avg. 10:24

Brinkley seemed to want to take it easy today too.    I got a 99% full nights sleep last night!    B'Nellie started growling at something around 2:30 a.m., but I told her to shut up and went back to sleep.     I have a love/hate relationship with full moons. 

As for kids moving home - I had to do in once and it wasn't bad, but I hated doing it.   My youngest DD will be moving home the end of August to finish 2 years of college locally.    I love her to death, but she is a slob and always a bone of contention with us.   I hate to say it, but I'm not looking forward to it. 

2 more days I get to meet Tag!!!  (and Steve too)  Big grin

Happy Thursday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Get up and Run!

Done!

On the east coast, but my mind is still on central time, so the 5:20 wakening to get in my run before some 12 hours of meetings was tough. But another sweet run on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda. Time for some coffee.

Me too.

Thanks for the wake-up, Mary.

Easy 3 this morning before work...lovin' the bright, early morning sun.

Walt

Good morning everyone. First thing I do when I get on the RA site in the morning is check the previous day's posts for a new adventure about the avenger dog. No great stories yesterday - I was disappointed.

Glad you got a good night's sleep, Mary. Gotta store up some energy for that big race on Saturday. Make sure you take some pictures of you and Steve, okay?

How long are you out East, Trent? Enjoy those capital runs. Gotta be beautiful there right now - are there still cherry blossoms on the trees?

What's the latest project, Walt? And how are your DDs these days?

6.1 miles for me this morning, 8:47 pace. Where did that come from?  Must have been the eclectic music on my Ipod - tunes from Riverdance, a little David Bowie and Pink Floyd. Came home and did some rope jumping and ab work. I get to hang out with Will today and I bought a stroller at a rummage sale. Weather's supposed to be good - think grandma has to take the little one for a walk today.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here through Saturday.  I'll possibly be in DC proper on Saturday morning and can check on the trees then.  I am running in Bethesda right now.  Here for work.
            Slo

Late night...no morning run.

The full moon here last night was spectacular. It started out this firey orange color just above the Earths horizon. It slowly transfigured into this huge bright white globe. Would have made for a great moolight run.

This morning it was covered up by those dark heavy clouds.....somebodies gonna get some rain.

Run well !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice running Trent and Walt!

Wow JLynne - that was a great pace!   The wind must have died down from yesterday.    Have a great day with Baby Will and give extra hugs from Auntie Mary.  Wink      I always read the end of the previous day's thread too hoping for an Avenger Dog story.

Here are just the boys hangin' out so to speak .....

~Mary

~unknown

Hi masters, haven't check in for a bit. Work is busy - good busy, though. Wish I could get up and run today. I'm on day 5 battling the cold from hell. DW is now down with it too. Good news is that it didn't strike a week earlier. DW also got ma a Garmin 405 for my b-day last week. But the cold is keeping me from using it. I may actually swap for a 305. I hear it's easier to use and I don't need it for a watch and won't bother with the HRM.

I'll get back to running in the next couple days once this cold clears. Everything else feels healthy and rested. Outdoor track season has started too. My running club organizes it every Tuesday night. I'm anxious to try it out - I've never done a track workout. The Garmin will come in handy for the splits. I'm hoping to improve my speed and form and run a much faster marathon in the Fall.

Great runs everyone.

Mariposai

Cute little boys! I wish I had a yard that would allow me to have a dog.

yeah, how is the project coming along Walt.

I think living with parents is a huge cultural and economical issue and I will leave it at that. 4 easy miles and the sproink is almost back. Off to the radio station then to work, then to the ER room for a 4 hour shift. I hope I don't get bored tonight. It was so cloudy here last night that I missed seeing the moon again.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

Running rest day for me.

Twocat -  My daughter would love to be out on her own.  She is a single mother of a 2 year old and she just couldn't handle her job and the mother responsibilities at the same time.  Especially a job that had you going 7 days a week, plus evenings and didn't allow any time off.  It didn't pay enough to hire a full time, live in nanny.

Aamos - I'm not really ignoring you.  Every time my wife and I try to do something it gets canceled.  One of our jobs gets in the way, someone gets sick, etc.  I actually have airline tickets this time and I don't want to jinx anything by actually looking forward to the trip.  I saw something you wrote earlier (when trying to place a claim on Holly) about living in the Black Hills.  Is this race much of a trip for you?  I made reservations at the host hotel.  I don't remember the name.

wildchild

Carolyn

Mary, thanks for the puppy pictures!  Great way to start the day.

Jeanne, wow, what a speedy run!  You weren't even shooting for a tempo run?  Have fun with Will today!

George, Happy belated Birthday!  Enjoy the Garmin.

Glad some of you are enjoying the full moon and early morning sun.  We're enjoying yet another spring snowstorm. 3" already when I left the house, and it was snowing all the way down the canyon and in the western suburbs.  But where I work, further east, it's just rain.  I always feel  like an idiot when I walk into work in a parka and Sorel boots when it's not snowing here.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Four miles last evening and then two attacks of leg cramps in the night.   I have not had those in a long time.  Hmmm

Snow for Wildchild?  Yikes.   We have gone through the blossom time here 3hours south of Washington so I am not sure whether there are any left along the DC Mall area or not.   They are beautiful but don't last long.  What a country....from cherry blossoms to snow all under a beautiful moon.

Cute puppies  You do a great job of showcasing them Mary.

Have a great day everyone and God bless America

Joey

Vista
                            Easy 4 miler this morning at 5:15---had to be back to take the kiddo and his art projects to school. The moon was amazing as it gave way a bit to a brightening sky. Glad I ran early since the wind is whipping up again and 40-50 mph gusts are predicted. Yowsa

Sorry about the snow Carolyn. bleh

Nice birthday gift George and hope the cold clears soon.

Have fun with Will JLynne and nice run there--lots of nice runs here in fact.

Steve, cute picture you posted Tues.  hopeful, thanks for the puppy pictures this morning.

Nice long runs for breger, lame, and CNY.  Good job on the speedwork for Slo.

This morning, it was in the mid 30s and calm.  As soon as I started, I knew it was going to be tough.  It would have been nice to do 12 or maybe 8, but it wasn't long and I knew it wasn't to be.  My legs were dead and tired and my breathing was unusually hard.  I decided to just poke along and do what I could.  I checked my pace about one, two, and three miles and it was just over 10 which was fine.  About then, I decided I'd try for 6 miles and call it a day.  I thought I was slowing down and that was my intention.  When I got home, at 6 miles, and checked my time, I had an overall pace of 9:47 so had speeded up when I was trying to slow down.  I know I've done this a number of times lately and just can't make sense of it.  I would have felt better with a slower pace and lasting longer but, I guess, you get what you get.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks Joey - but I just take many, many pictures and weed out the good ones.

TomS - I think you are suffereing from the Rochrunner syndrome.   I remember last year (or was it 2 years ago) that he suddenly became faster and faster.     Good job regardless!

~Mary

~unknown