Masters Running

Saturday, Saturday! 4.27.13 (Read 55 times)

Maniac 505

Congrats to tramps and tribee and Holly and Mike,  some greta racing this weekend.

fatozzig: Your brother and sister in law are in my thoughts.

eliz:  I know what You mean about altitude.  I ran marathons in Flaming gorge Utah (I drove past park city to get there) and Estes Park Colorado.  they both kicked my butt.

Interesting discussion about bike fenders yesterday.  I never have anyone on my wheel and my commute to work is short so store bought fenders keep the skunk stripe off my back just fine.

I'm leaving for a week of diving in Cozumel Mexico in a week and a 1/2,  getting all my tropical dive gear together today.  It's been a few years since I took a dive trip.  I just bought a new underwater camera.  hopefully I can add some pictures to the travel picture section.

5 paper bag miles for me.

SteveP

We're sitting having coffee and oatmeal, getting ready to head out in a bit to the race.  Sadly, I forgot my camera....Undecided

Bummer...

I'm glad you got a 2nd opinion Jay.  Before I take mine in, I go to ehow.com. Except for brake lines and electrical, I'll tackle it. I've got a 1998 Expedition with 240K. In the 5 years I've had it, there's  less than $300.00 to mechanics.It's not pretty though.....And I may start tinkin' around with brake lines. Hide.

Tall!!!!!!!!

I've been to those races Tramps. In a trail 5K, a 13 year old was 1st Female OA. Because there were no gender distinctions, she was awarded 3rd OA behind high school cross country ringers runners.

Yikes Eliz.

Good for you Dave59.

Sweet Holly.

Enke...dogs are weird.

Friday was grandkids cross training on grampy's knees while we made up songs.

Tag and I have been doing more leashed runs. It takes extra time to get to the best trails and the highway to some of the trails is closed, so we've been running to Tag's Psycho Path. We did the loop (where the mutt was let off the leash) and I saw the most distinct bear tracks ever. I'm so kicking myself for not having the camera. They were from an adult and a cub. We were out for 1:25:48.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice running and racing today for Mike and Holly, Tramps and Tribee.  If Mike would respond to my friend request, I'd tell him on FB, too.  Wink

and I also saw on FB that Mari's DH just won his AG in a 5K.  She's trained him well.

no run today, but 18 tomorrow.  Anticipation, dread, etc.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TriBee2010

The part that Tramps is conveniently leaving out is that he doubted the "mixed" AG results. He just couldn't believe that I ran faster than all but two fellas in my AG. He didn't concede the point until the times for all runners were posted.

It's the first race I've done since last July, and it felt great to be out there. I was literally gasping from the run fitness I've lost, and I was a couple of minutes slower than my 5K PR, but I'll take it!

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Got that nice, long, hilly ride in.  Rain held off, but by gum, I was fendered and ready.

Split off from the group after three hours, as they headed off for more idiocy in the hills.  It was the right call.  I could have done it, but I don't have the base to support that kind of ride without collapsing a few days later. Happily, it started raining the moment my foot hit the doormat, so I'm calling it a win all around.

Fabulous racing today, with or without questionable bookkeeping.

On deck:  garage tidying, and finding a good, muddy trail romp for tomorrow.

My muddy trail romp was this morning....new shoes to christen.  Got gabbing and missed my planned turn around at 4 miles, but wound up with 9 miles total without much problem.  Will do another bike ride tomorrow... got to get used to the clips again, since it's been over two years since taking the road bike out.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

aka FlyingFinn

No run to report, just checking in on the racers.

Good job Holly & Mike, Tramps & Tribee. You rock, Tribee.

tselbs, good going on your 10 miler, at a faster pace than your last one.

Nice grandkid xtraining, Steve.

I gardened the day away, with about an hour of chainsaw xtraining. Sometimes I wish I had a rototiller, it would make things easier in the garden, but then I'd be denying my arms and back the opportunity to do the work. They're noodles right now. I got the second planting of peas and lettuce in, turned over two 25+ foot rows, weeded, and decorated the fence with branches from some of the trees we cut today. The turnips I planted last weekend have already sprouted.

Almost 8:00 here, guess I should be thinking about dinner. DH is still out there, getting a weekend's work done in one day because it's going to rain tomorrow. I'll do my long run in the rain tomorrow.

Hi, Tallrunner, good to see you.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Mike E

MM #5615

If Mike would respond to my friend request, I'd tell him on FB, too.  Wink

That's funny.  I only knew you as stumpy....I was telling the ladies, here, about this guy that requested to be my friend and Holly, said, "that's stumpy!"

Yeah...this is pretty fun.  It's hard to feel sorry for yourself when you're surrounded by fun people.

wildchild

Carolyn

Yay for Mike and Holly, and Tramps and Tribee!  Good racing!

I snagged 1st female grand masters at my 50k today... but at the time of the awards I was the ONLY female grand masters runner (50-99 age group!).  The RD said she thought there were 2 others still out on the course, though.  Results aren't posted yet.  I ran it in 6:34:39 and if you want to see the elevation profile, look at my log - too tired to post it right now!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yay for Mike and Holly, and Tramps and Tribee!  Good racing!

I snagged 1st female grand masters at my 50k today... but at the time of the awards I was the ONLY female grand masters runner (50-99 age group!).  The RD said she thought there were 2 others still out on the course, though.  Results aren't posted yet.  I ran it in 6:34:39 and if you want to see the elevation profile, look at my log - too tired to post it right now!

I would, but i'm afraid it would make ME tired. Wink  Very exciting for you!!  Especially with an AG that wide.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

aka FlyingFinn

I snagged 1st female grand masters at my 50k today.

Snagged? Sounds like you nailed it. Great job!

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

Some fantastic racing around the country today.  Good job, folks!

And Marj and Henry met Dutchie?!?  Sweet!

My buddies, Karen and Kate ran Capital Peaks today, 55k and 50M respectively.  Karen did fantastic, finishing 8:40, and Kate took her AG (I can't remember her time).  Wish I coulda been there with them.

Got off work early yesterday since by 2:00 I was the only one left in the office.  Left at 3:00 and got in a 30 min stationary bike session - 3 min steady, 2 min sprint - and about 40 min of core/strength training.

This morning managed to stay on the bike for a solid 1 hour stationary ride.  My legs were a bit rubbery feeling when I got done, but it was felt like a good workout.

Was having increased symptoms with the new orthotics, so called my PT when I got home.  PT:  Do they feel springy?  Me (surprised): Yes!  So I can't wear now and I got back in Monday for adjustment.  Something about the covering that was put on.  It's definitely spongier than a regular insert, so we'll see what they come up with.  I was pretty bummed because by Wednesday I was suppose to give running a go, but there's nothing I can do about it, so no sense letting it bug me.  Come Wednesday, three weeks no running and only 7 weeks out from Mt. Hood.  *sigh*

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good job, Carolyn!!!  Congrats on the AG win!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Great racing for some folks today....sorry I haven't been around much, I run early in the morn and start work at 7:00 am. So I have a quick shower, shave and go...

5 mile progression run today...

Got asked to run on a Ski to Sea team on the Memorial Day Weekend....It's a great local race...8 mile downhill run...ouch !!!

Running a marathon in July and Ragnar a week later...yes I like pain...bring it on...

cya

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                              Mariposai

The part that Tramps is conveniently leaving out is that he doubted the "mixed" AG results. He just couldn't believe that I ran faster than all but two fellas in my AG. He didn't concede the point until the times for all runners were posted.

It's the first race I've done since last July, and it felt great to be out there. I was literally gasping from the run fitness I've lost, and I was a couple of minutes slower than my 5K PR, but I'll take it!

I just love this girl's attitude!!! I am glad to see  you raced strong today.

Amazing racers we have among us!!!! I am too wiped out to send individual shout outs, but please know I am so very proud of each one of you!

As for me, I had a fun 20 miler divided up in three parts (will not complain against the strong wind that took all I had in me). I ran to the 5k race starting line. Volunteered to set up the sign for the race. Raced the 5k where I finished 1st in AG and 4th OA. My DH got first in his Age group. HE is beaming! I am so proud of him!!! After cleaning up post race course area I ran back home.

Then it was dressing up for an 80s theme to go to a birthday party were I danced to my hear't content. Life is grand!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard