Masters Running

Sat 3rd Jan runs (Read 396 times)

jules2

Up bright and early for a potter around the lakes 5 miles 40 minutes, heavy frost, lakes iced, up what a lovely morning for a run once you've got over getting out the front door! First league road race tomorrow 6 miles with a few hills in so should find out who's been training and who hasn't.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Renee the dog

Up -- for nothing! Waiting for the sun to do its job -- we have a thin coat of ice on everything, so I wait....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

anachrotech

Since I'm not being as adventurous as most, it's the treadmill for me. Another 2 miles Good runs all.
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just found this on Slate. apparently "Once A Runner" is being reissued in April. haven't read it, but it's always sounded like one I should. http://www.slate.com/id/2206025/

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Jules.. that sounds like a pretty run! 4 magical Healing Miles with Tory in 40:15 (10:04 pace, AHR 143). In the 33F fog, Tory finished the run with frost on his ears and brows...cute!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

6.2 miles around the neighborhood w/DW in 1 hour. Cold & clear 18F but roads were clear. Smile Jules that sounds like a beautiful run

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Just found this on Slate. apparently "Once A Runner" is being reissued in April. haven't read it, but it's always sounded like one I should. http://www.slate.com/id/2206025/
                Stumpy - I've already read this book and it is really good. I also had the chance to pick up an early release of the new hard cover copy yesterday after our run at the Maine Running Company. Got in a nice 8.25 miles today with our group - 1:07:25 - 8:10 - Avg HR 133 Max HR 153 cloudy & 29 degrees, and no wind! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! (warning – gross stuff follows…) Stooopid infected toe got progressively worse yesterday, and both of my children managed to step on it at least once. The throbbing was keeping me awake so I actually took a pain pill for it. What a wuss I am! A pain pill for a toe-ache – jeesh. Roll eyes This morning the toe was tightly swollen, but with no obvious places to poke for relief (sorry if this is too graphic), so I bundled up and headed out for my LR, figuring that maybe the run might aggravate it enough to bring the problem to the surface. (This comes from watching too many House episodes.) While the first mile was more of an awkward hobble, after I got going it wasn’t too bad. I thought to myself, “This is how the tough-as-nails ultra runners do it. They’d never let something as minor as this slow them down.” My theory seemed to work, judging by what my sock looked like afterward, but the toe feels much better now, although it looks pretty gross. I’ve slathered antibiotic ointment on it and bandaged it. If the doctor was open today I’d consider seeing him about it, but this is not serious enough for an Urgent Care visit. So, I did get my LR in, but the going was pretty slow. 15 slow miles for me today, 11.35 outside in 24 degrees and 3.65 on the TM. Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Easy 6 on the boardwalk and roads around town. Wanted to do a tempo, but not to be as it was still slippery a good portion of the way out. Gotta shower and get out of here for one final holiday visit! Good runs to all!!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Henrun

Beautiful sunny morning, but a gusty wind. So we did a point to point tailwind 3.2 mile run and subwayed home. Passed by many runners training for Boston. Long run tomorrow with our running club.
                        Did an easy 5 today, temp 24F and moderate wind. Brilliant sunshine, though. Took it slow, as I am just getting back on the road after 1.5 months of rehab/elliptical stuff. Finding out (again!) that nothing truly replicates running. Happy weekend to all.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Stumpy - I've already read this book and it is really good. I also had the chance to pick up an early release of the new hard cover copy yesterday after our run at the Maine Running Company. Got in a nice 8.25 miles today with our group - 1:07:25 - 8:10 - Avg HR 133 Max HR 153 cloudy & 29 degrees, and no wind! Big grin
                          DS16 picked a copy up at the same store. He said it's good - a little artsy and abstract in places, though! Maine, no wind sounds good. I thought it was going to be bad today. I still have to get out.
                          xor

a little artsy and abstract in places
                            Just like the Boomers!

Slo

Holly......way to HTFU ! Just be careful with the infection. I had a great tempo run last night.......Cruised along at a 7:17 and never felt laboured. This morning was a planned recovery run......the 1st 1/2 mile I was a little sluggish but after finishing the 1st mile I found myself constantly reeling myself back in order to keep the run in my recovery zone. Tomorrow is my youngests birthday......she'll be 11. She shares a birthday with one of her 1st cousins so were hosting a birthday party here. Hope everyone has great weekend !
                              Tramps

Slept in late this morning, which felt great. I think I needed it. A little mid-morning core work before I get to my "to do" list. Mariposai--beautiful pics yesterday. Walt--new shop space? Details please. Pics are even better.

Be safe. Be kind.