Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 7.30.13 (Read 47 times)

evanflein

Now with all those Dancing Bananas hanging around, Mustang Sally might never come back. Or if she does, she'll be packing!

Heme, you can compare biking notes (and bruises) with Mustang Sally. Glad to see you over here.

I rarely have time to comment on everyone's posts, or even many of them. And frankly, it's often a case of me reading stuff, thinking, oh, I could say this to that... and then forgetting about it. Heh, my hard drive is getting cluttered up.

So I need either .8 mile or 12.8 miles for a prime. Neither seems likely. If I run, which I hope to, I'll do more than .8 but I have no intention of running over 10. So, there ya go.

Had a dreadful run on Sunday... too hot by the time I got out there, barely struggled to 13 miles before DH rescued me. That tempo-ish 11 miles on Saturday probably didn't help. Yesterday was 5.8 more or less easy (or, easier) and today was 5.7 that ended up being progressive pace. I couldn't figure out why my legs were so DANG tired, and came back to see I ended up at 7:50 pace and 8:08 average. Slow the hell down, right? Geez...

We've broken records here for the most days over 85. Apparently, our average was only three days over 85° (really? seems low) but this year we're already at 12 days. The old record was 10. Well, I guess if you're gonna sweat in heat you're not really used to, might as well go for the record, right? Just makes running a bit of a challenge for those of us used to 70s. News article here if you're interested.

Half marathon coming up this Saturday. I do NOT feel a PR in the works (not even close).

Sorry, MS!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Marathon Maniac #957

continuing the non-comments, i'll add the latest very serious rugrat pic (7.5 miles this morning - i have no idea of the month total yet)

I just love happy rugrat pics!

OM - I love it that you are back!  Dg, too!  Don't try to comment, just tell us about what's going on with you.

After two years on thyroid meds, the doc now says my blood tests show me in normal range, and is taking me off of them.  I sure hope this is not going to affect my running.....

The purple banana is still dancing for me.  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."