Masters Running

September Masters Miles (Read 38 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy masters!  Hope September has been good to you!  I gained a son-in-law this month, so it was a good one for me!

Time to post your monthly miles, PRs, AG awards, and whatever else you want to share about your month.  I love reading everyone's posts each month!

Here's a picture from my run yesterday, in Golden Gate Canyon State Park (aka my "happy place!")

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

This could be my happy place too Carolyn!  Great picture.

123.5 miles for September

1125.3 YTD. Hoping to catch the 1500 mile bunny. No races no PRs. But October is shaping up to be a busy month!

Thank you Carolyn 😊

HermosaBoy

Very pretty place to run!

September: 325.5 mi
        2016: 2,454.0 mi

Ran a half marathon -- not a PR, but won my age group.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

133.2 for September

1,694.7 YTD

2nd in my AG in the Equinox but not bad considering I didn't know if I would even be able to finish! I hope I've turned the corner on these nagging cascading injuries and can put that behind me now!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

121.3 miles

Hub City marathon 2nd AG

Abebe Bikila HM  2nd AG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Good choice of a Happy Place, WC! Thanks again for this monthly roundup/wrap-up.

131.6 RW miles for Sept.

1199.8 (so close!) YTD

Fox Point Sunset 5-Miler - 1st, RW Div.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

100.0 miles.

It's a nice start, and I hope I can keep it up at 100 or more a month going forward.

But mostly happy about the lack of aches and pains right now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

2406 ytd

1AG thanks to Holly's hospitality at Dayton (Air Force marathon).

5K win at our first Tunnel to Towers race (9/11 Memorial).

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So, less than 10% of Amy's at 21 miles. Sadly, it's an improvement over August.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

still on my slow steady build up. My 6th month in a row of increased mileage.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

spinach

I got in six miles in September after the surgery on my knee at the end of August.

MM #7877

Sept - 207.7 miles.

Highlight was paced the Quad Cities Marathon 4:30 group Smile

Philippians 4:13.

Alexander R

September was 308 miles. One short race, a 4 miler. I think I got 1st AG and 1st masters team, but there is no denying the fact that I'm getting slower and slower every year

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

118.8 miles. With 62.2 miles in one day (NC24)

I guess the rest of the month was either tapering or recovering. Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

an amazing likeness

196 for September

1,748 YTD

One 10K is all there is in the race category for the month, a goal race every year. Ran it all out, which turned out to be slower than my common 1/2 marathon pace. Bummer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.