Masters Running

Tuesday, May 4 Runs and happenings ..... (Read 512 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

Out for 4 miles this morning with Brinkley.   We clipped along pretty good at 10:05 avg. pace and no dead animals along the way.     Last night DH put the kitty door in my garage and we let Frick an Frack have free roam in the garage for the night.   I'm kind of afraid to go out there and get the dogs some food. 

Enjoy the day.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good Morning Mary and thanks for the start. Nice running and good luck in the garage (check back in so we know you are okay!)

Still thinking of Trent and family. Thanks for the help links yesterday.

Ran 3.5 miles at 5:15 am on the hotel treadmill--lost a pound or two of sweat too. I am in Atlanta so that would've happened whether inside or outside. Steamy everywhere. Legs feeling pretty good.

Donkey ears Walt? ha....that assumes you would've kept pace with me. Interview was right after I finished....covered in salt and all.

Good day all

Donkey ears Walt? ha....that assumes you would've kept pace with me.

Ouch. And ouch.

I'm afraid you're right, though. Well played.

3.25 this AM, a little mo' recovery runnin'.

Walt

Looked great in the interview, Karin.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Good morning everyone. Good luck in the garage, Mary. Hope the kitties behaved themselves. Nice run with Brinkley this morning.

I watched your interview Karin. You'd never know you just finished running a marathon - look fresh as a daisy! How come they didn't give you as much camera time as the men's winner?

5.75 miles this morning, 9:01 pace. Nice and cool, no wind, just a great run. This week is "Spring Week" at our high school. It's a week of fun activities ending with Senior Prom on Saturday night. Normally, the kids have to wear uniforms, but this being a special week, there's different stuff going on every day. Today is "Super Hero" day, where the kids can dress up as their favorite super hero. Hey Steve - does Tag the Avenger Dog make guest appearances? You guys would sure be a hit!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm okay!  Big grin    I walked out there cautiously and talking "I'm coming out here.   I don't know where you are but I'm your mommy, so don't freak me out".     Nothing - no signs of life.   Had to go back out one more time and taped up the flap on the door so they know that is how to get in and out.   This time, more curious I looked around but didn't spy either one and it was very quiet.  

CNY - You sure looked great for just finishing that marathon!   Nice sweaty run this morning.

Walt - at first I thought you ran at 3:25 a.m.!!

Greta run JLynne!   It was a nice morning here too - but I guess that is going to change again this weekend.  Sounds like fun times at the high school too.

{{Trent and family}}

Deb - when do you see the doctor again?  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

4.5 easy miles this morning at 9:18 pace.  Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend Graduation.  By the way, DS GF had an all day on-the-job interview yesterday at a Vet Clinic in Sarasota.  She thinks they liked her.

Bill

---------------------------------

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel on Sunday morning

Kristin's family (with DW and DS behind) after the Graduation Ceremony

GF and DS (gotta get him to dress better!)

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

A busy day with several key events happening all at the same time.........is it Friday yet?

Karin........That was a very nice interview and you did look nice and fresh after your second Marathon in short succession.  Thanks for sharing the video..

Speaking of which......HOPEFULLY my "Vista vaulting" over the kids is not going to show up on UTube, although you never know.   I had forgotten about that little possibility until several of you mentioned it.

Trent.......Our prayers are definitely with you. Hopefully you will be able to quickly get this taken care of.

JLynne.........You will do fine with that first Marathon.  That is great that you have taken the step to commit to it.   I wish my travel schedule was going to be in that area at that time ot year.  It would be fun to run that one.

Breger........Great pictures of a nice looking family.   Thanks for sharing them.

Have a great day everyone ....and on a day where our local city council elections are being held......God bless America!

Vista

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Love the Grad pics Breeger!

70°, humid at 5:30 am

2 mile brisk walk with dogs in 26:36 (13:18 pace)

5 sock wringing miles in 43:54 (8:47 pace)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Trent I just saw what happened to your house!  I am so sorry to see that.  You have my best wishes.  The flooding has been awful.  I have been in touch with a friend of mine who works at Vanderbilt and the reports are just awful.  Good luck with the insurance.  I do hope you are covered.

Vista that was a great story yesterday!

I have been running now for a few weeks.  I have not posted anything about it here in the daily since I was not sure how long it would last.  I am still not sure.  The doctor's "diagnosis" is roughly that I am getting old, my back is falling apart, and I should run as long as I am still able to do so.  So that is what I will do.  I have not totally given up and will likely see somebody about my spine.  But I suspect that nothing can be done.  In the meantime, until my back wipes me out . . .

Today I managed a total of 6 miles on the Mariposai comeback plan.  In case you are wondering what the plan looks like it is a mix of running and walking intervals.  Drives me crazy!  But I have been reasonably good about it.  In the past the walks have been 5 minutes.  Today I cut them to 4.  Post run I saw an update from Mariposai where she gave me the go ahead for 3 minute walk breaks.  I figure this means I am owed 1 minute in each walk next time which means 2 minute walk breaks!  [editor:  Moron it does not work that way!  You do not get credits that you can cash in!  Geez  Twocat:  Yea, I see Mariposai and my editor have been in contact.  Great, just great . . . ]

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mornin' all. Finally got back to the gym this morning after 2+ weeks of no lifting. Marathon recovery and then a brutal cold that I'm finally getting past. Got back on the road this past weekend too for an easy 6 1/2 miles Saturday followed by a very bad showing at a 4.2 mile road race Sunday. Lungs weren't quite cleared and it was over 80 degrees and humid. Had to stop and walk three times during the race. Ugh.But a good cause and a great post race party.

Tonight I'm heading to my first track workout with my running club. It's a 1 mile time trial. Should be very interesting. Hope I don't barf up a lung.

And here's a rather late marathon pic. L to R, my sis, me, Tedy Bruschi, my brother (ran his 3rd Boston) and my DW.

Dave59

Up at 4:45 to do a software update at work which went very bad.  I had to wake someone up at 5:30 to help.  The company where I work was bought by one of the 4 largest banks in the country and I am slowly losing the ability to perform my usual tasks.  (Was it Berger who recently mentioned getting micro-managed?  That is what is happening to me too.)

I've been running this update once a quarter since January 2005.  Guess I'm done.

I finally got out the door for a 40 minute tempo run.  The run went very good.  I felt great

wildchild

Carolyn

So Karin, are you getting one of those ugly yellow singlets?

Breeger, nice grad pictures!  Your DS should get a haircut...    Hope his GF gets that vet clinic job!

Jeanne, you sure are getting fast!   What super hero are you dressing up as?

Twocat:  YAY!  Enjoy the running (and the walking).  Hope you figure out your back issues.

Where's Sue?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Breeger, Your DS should get a haircut...   

Believe it or not he just got one.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

What's wrong with his wardrobe?  He's wearing a Gator T-shirt to a FSU graduation--seems appropriate to me. 

3.5 miles in about 33 minutes this morning.  IRC of 54º and no wind.  Everything felt good.  We appear to have a stomach flu going around our office the past couple of days.  Hope it's just power of suggestion, 'cause I feel a little queasy at the moment

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.