Masters Running

Very Lonely (Read 259 times)

TomD

Normally I think of myself as a very positive and strong person, but with my loss it is very difficult for me to get over it. At my job I work alone much of the time, so others to do see my tears, which are not often anyway. My job keeps me busy. At home it seems there is some sort of noise each evening and I go see if maybe it is Donna coming home, but of course it is not. Some days are just lonely, but others I just can not stop crying. I just have lost the will to do much outside of work. This weekend I will go to the Lincoln Marathon see many friends, but afterwards I will be alone it this house again. My motion to do anything is not there. I know that I should just go out and try to meet someone. Maybe I would meet someone special even, but when it comes down to it the desire is not there. The hurt is very real for me right now. Sometimes I feel I am on my way to a new life, then a picture, a note, or a card she gave me. Donna and I would many times give each other cards for no other reason, but to tell each other our love for each other. So I have way more cards than I can count. I hear telling me all the time, "Tom, I Love you more than you Love me." or "I Love you munches and munches and munches." Then I see her just before they put on Life Support. I remember the fear in her eyes, but she took everything so very bravely. I remember her telling me, "I Love You" just like so many other times. We always felt that we would die together much older than now, so we would be in the spirit world. Neither of us could even image life without the other. But now I am experiencing it and I am lost. Life without Donna is not much of a life at all. Thank you for listening. TomD
      (((((((((Tom)))))))) Please know that what you are feeling is perfectly normal - it's all a part of the grieving process. Don't beat yourself up thinking you need to "get over it". Take things a day or even an hour a time and don't have any lofty expectations. You are still a very positive and strong person - it will just take time for those strengths to resurface. Bask in the love of your friends at the Lincoln Marathon - it's great that you are getting out for that. Take care and keep posting.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

{{{{{{{ Tom }}}}}}}} You will hurt, you will be lonely, you will cry, but you will get better. Donna's love is shining down on you as you run for her.
        wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, I'm so sad for you. I hope it helps you even a little bit to write down your thoughts - we're all here for you. It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all - Donna was in your life for a reason.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I haven't been in your shoes, Tom, but I think your feelings are very normal. Don't feel bad about them, they reflect what was very special. Cherish your memories and do your best to cope with what is going on now. It's good you're going to Lincoln and will see lots of friends. My brother, Dave (selb3), will be there, too. I think the two of you have met. Continued thoughts going your way. TomS
            TammyinGP

Like others have said, Tom, this is the normal part of grieving. You may feel like you have no reason to go on, may feel like you don't even want to go on, but this is part of what you have to go through to get to the point in life where you have that zest for life again. Just keep talking about, writing about it, and understanding that whatever you are feeling, it's okay to feel that. It'll be good for your soul to see some friends this weekend, share in some laughter and enjoy your marathon.

Tammy

TomD

Thank you all for your input. I have been feeling that I should be going forward more quickly. Sometimes I feeling like I should go out and meet someone, but I do not feel right about doing it. Maybe next week will be better. TomD
                evanflein

Tom, I know you're lonely right now, but let yourself work through the grief at your own pace. Don't think you should be going out and meeting someone new just yet... Thought about volunteering somewhere? There's lots of shelters (both human and animal) that could use some of your help.
                    Tom, I never lost a spouse but I lost a brother 4 years ago. He was a young man and his life was a struggle. His death untimely. You have to let the grieving process happen. Now instead of dwelling on his life's struggles I dwell on the happy and funny things about him. There will be a day when your life goes on and you will remember the wonderful things about her and wont dwell so much on your loss. Its a process. Let it happen. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Tom}}} I lost a love years ago, and it seemed like all the color was sucked out of the world. It was months before I even laughed again. All I can say is, give it time. Time is the only thing that will ease this. But it will, if you just hang in there. We're here for you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

huskydon

I am sad to read about how you are feeling. The loss you have suffered was so very great so I think it is reasonable that you are feeling that way. You will know when you are ready to move on. Give it time. For now, just know that you have touched many and so many are pulling for you.
                          Like Laurie, my brother died a while ago. It was very, very hard, and I went to see a counselor, I was so depressed. I know the feeling of looking at the world as if it were in black and white. Your friends are thinking of you and praying for you. And if you want to stay in bed some Sunday and eat cookies and ice cream and watch old movies, go ahead! hugs, A.
                          Masters 2000 miles
                          TammyinGP

I was thinking it but didn't want to say it, but since Erika piped up Tongue I will echo what she said. I think it's WAY too early to even think about meeting someone new. You need to just yourself process through the grieving stages, at your own pace, before you can transition into a new phase of life, which may or may not include someone else. you can't expect to be a good companion for another woman, when you are still mourning the loss of Donna. Wouldn't be fair to yourself or to that potential companion. It may seem like it's been long, Tom, but it really hasn't. Don't try to rush the process. Just let what will be, be. {{Tom}}

Tammy