Masters Running

Training week ending November 27-28, 2021 (Read 8 times)

Alexander R

Greetings, runners! Please tell us about your past training week and upcoming goals.

Alexander R

Mon 8mi (1:10)
      Tue 11mi (1:33) treadmill
      Wed 0
      Thu 3mi Turkey Trot (19:16, 2nd AG), +1mi up, +3mi down
      Fri 7.5mi (1:26)
      Sat 10mi (1:26) treadmill
      Sun 7.6mi (1:24)

Total: 50.9 miles (+55mi on stationary bike)

Turkey Trot 3 miler was a lot of fun, mostly because I know everyone in my age group (M55-59) and they know me. Jeff (who used to win this race overall back in the 1980's and 1990's) took off like crazy. I am sure the early pace was easily around 5:40-5:50 for the first half mile. Makes no sense, but I was not too surprised, Jeff was dressed for battle (red "USA" singlet with matching red shorts and shoes). I had no choice but to follow. Peter, who won the 55AG in the end, was far behind us at first, but then he passed me. I attempted to fight that, but not for long. Later, I saw Peter easily passing Jeff and then with a lot of effort and pain I finally passed Jeff too. He was fighting that until almost the very end, I could hear him breathing behind me and I was afraid he would outkick me in the final stretch, but luckily that did not happen. I think in the end we averaged something like 6:30 pace, with every next mile being much slower than the previous one. After the race I congratulated Jeff and he said, literally "Alex, I think we started a bit too fast". Wait, what? "We"? I also told Peter how I hated him passing me and Peter's comment was "oh, well, I know the feeling" and he started reminding me the races where I passed him. He has a good memory. So, yeah, a lot of fun. The overall winner I think was like 15:30 or something.

pfriese

Our team made it to the Running Game finals. We've had a couple of weeks off. I certainly needed a rest and with family in for Thanksgiving the timing could not have worked out better. The running game is a motivator for the end of year usual slack-off.

M - 6.3 miles (10:31/mile)

T -  7.5 miles (10:15/mile)

W - 0 miles

Th - 0 miles

F - 0 miles

Sa - 0 miles

Su - 0 miles

Total - 13.8 miles

Finals start next week. I'll be taking it easy again this week to be as well rested as possible. We will be meeting Tammy's team in the finals.

Paul

Alexander R

Paul, good luck with the finals !!!!