Masters Running

March 2008 Masters/Boomer Miles (Read 704 times)

March is almost over and since many of us take Monday off to rest up from our LR's, I'll start this month's Mileage thread today. Please tell us the miles you ran in March, no matter how many or how few. Every mile is important and especially so if you've been injured and just coming back. Be Proud! Post every mile. Also note any and all PR's you may have achieved during March. Be Proud of these as well! Many of you are more than happy that Winter is over and Spring is finally here, if only on the calendar. So pretend this is you and a favorite running partner running in the flower filled field. Many of you have been hitting the training pretty hard getting ready for that little race in Boston. You are now probably tapering, and undoubtedly happy about that. You are all going to Rock Boston so much. Here is a photo from the Wellesley Tunnel of Screams - the Wellesley girls are probably training their shreaking voices as we speak. The deadline for posting March miles will be the end of day on April 2nd. I'll try to get the totals posted sometime on the 3rd. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I'll start us off since my training is done for the month: 213.7 miles for March. 572.5 for 2008 YTD. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

March: 218.3 (PR) YTD: 587 This week was also a PR week (57.0). No I didn't want to run the extra 3 miles today Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

March: 267.2 miles 2008 so far: 757.9 mi knocking on wood but PR for consecutive months without injury - 9 months!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

13.5 miles. All on the TM, but 13.5 times as many miles as February!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

March 08.....157.7miles....PR 2008 YTD....366.7 miles thank you.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              dg.

thanks Bill thanks everybody for such inspiration & for all your hard work. thanks Doug for posting! yay for your progress. if you can do it so can I. 15.14 miles for March, also on the treadmill. 9.69 in February, which I didn't post. goal for April, no more glaring judgment errors! Because of one, I've been at a relative standstill again since the 18th, but at least I'm in good company. Smile. congratulations, everyone.

Renee the dog

88.3 mi. I'm thrilled. Three months ago I was running in the very low 30s for the month due to no sleep with my son's teething. Well, he's still teething (the boy is slow!) but I've figured out that I really don't need sleep to run about 20 mi a week. It's really a lifesaver! MTA: PR 10 Mi-- 1:31:03

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!! i just calculated my March runs to 146.4!!!!!!!!! that is by far the most mileage in one month EVER!! WOW!!

denise

TammyinGP

Congrats Deez! This is also my highest monthly mileage. I doubt I'll run tomorrow, so after my long run today, I'm at 142 miles for March. I think prior to this my highest mileage was around 107 or 108 and that was about 4-5 mos ago.

Tammy

Monthly mileage, a PR: 205.6, holy carp!, only about 44 miles more per month than I have ever run! Half marathon PR: 2:07:49

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

171 for March, 384 YTD--I had to take most of February off 'cause of pneumonia. It's nice to feel back in the swing of things.
                            144.4 for the month and a monthly PR 316.5 for the year 1/2 marathon PR of 1:52:41 Thanks for filling in for Wildchild, hope she is having fun

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

anachrotech

A pathetic 28 miles for me after my Monday run.
                                Getting back into some serious running after a 1/2 -assed hiatus. Just very sporadic over the last few years since ACL replacement. I was training for the Boston Marathon 6 years ago when I tore my ACL in a basketball game at the end of March. Serious bummer. Anyways, I'm prepping for some upcoming 5Ks and eventually will try to tackle some 10Ks and the Falmouth Road Race. I don't know about Boston for 2009, but we'll see what 2008 has in store for me. I was hitting the Cybex Arc Trainer for the most part in February and only logged 6 running miles. I increased that to 37 miles in March...22 of those miles in the last week since I cut out the Cybex altogether on March 24th. Looking to hit 100 miles or more in the month of April as long as the knees continue to hold up Wink I'm going to add some Fartlek training and some speedwork on the track next week. Cheers! Glenn
                                Personal Records 5K - 21:35